Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 39,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D

Tip us?

mccmjoon76
Old
(Last edited by mccmjoon76; 21st February 2013 at 04:32 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianlow View Post
Will using HTC Com void my warranty?
In HTC site

Quote:
It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty.
I root all my previous Phone ..HTC HD2. HTC Sensation .HTC OneX .Samsung Note now HTC Butterfly in 2 days after buying it

Cookie Ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Default Re: [ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D

HTCDEV unlock? No s-off? No xtc clip to get permanent s-off? Sheiyt! Scratch this phone (or for that matter any locked-bootolader htc crap, flagship or not). Contemplating a change from my inc s and sony Xperia z seems far better than the HTC one or the butterfly.
PAST
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=3974&id7=2863

PRESENT
Xperia Z C 6603; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Son's)
Xperia Z C 6602; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Wife's)
Moto E XT1022; Stock (Mine)
Nexus 7 (2012); EHNDROIX-V, Root (Son's)
Dell Venue 7 (2013); Stock 4.3, Root (Ours)
Asus TF 101; ARHD, Root (Mom's)

FUTURE
Flip Phone?
KitKat FAIL! Stick with Jellybean!

philippecr
Old
Thanks Meter 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja View Post
HTCDEV unlock? No s-off? No xtc clip to get permanent s-off? Sheiyt! Scratch this phone (or for that matter any locked-bootolader htc crap, flagship or not). Contemplating a change from my inc s and sony Xperia z seems far better than the HTC one or the butterfly.
It's not HTC fault, they already provide you the HTCdev platform to unlock. Others are because this is a rather new device, development comes will come gradually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

keithleyson
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I don't know why but whenever I try to install superSU (chainfire app from market) I get rebooted. I tried to flash the fix from the DNA forums but still whenever I try to use superSU i get rebooted. Are we going to be stuck using superuser app and not be able to install the awesome and more powerful superSU app?

additionally, I try to use titanium backup to uninstall annoying apps like Talk, Twitter etct but after a reboot they always should back up. Any idea how to get rid of this gargabe apps? Thanks

royskeyz
Old
Thanks Meter 282
guys need help here, im stucked at step 1. i already registered and confirm from my email. when i log in, it says log in successful, but when i click unlock bootloader it will still ask for me to log in again and again. help please. im from philippines is it the cause? TIA

mccmjoon76
Old
Thanks Meter 3,987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by royskeyz View Post
guys need help here, im stucked at step 1. i already registered and confirm from my email. when i log in, it says log in successful, but when i click unlock bootloader it will still ask for me to log in again and again. help please. im from philippines is it the cause? TIA
If i not wrong u have to go to you gmail inbox and Activate it..

mccmjoon76
Old
Thanks Meter 3,987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithleyson View Post
I don't know why but whenever I try to install superSU (chainfire app from market) I get rebooted. I tried to flash the fix from the DNA forums but still whenever I try to use superSU i get rebooted. Are we going to be stuck using superuser app and not be able to install the awesome and more powerful superSU app?

additionally, I try to use titanium backup to uninstall annoying apps like Talk, Twitter etct but after a reboot they always should back up. Any idea how to get rid of this gargabe apps? Thanks
I got no issue with the current SuperSu..

keithleyson
Old
Thanks Meter 57

Are you using a custom rom? I am just using the stock rom that came with my Butterfly. Also just this morning TB gave an error that it can't get root privileges. Like my phone just lost root or something. I had to reflash the su and busybox zip to get root back.

Anyone know how I can keep root on my Butterfly while maintaining stock?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
Carl Sagan

keithleyson
Old
Thanks Meter 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by royskeyz View Post
Try using internet explorer 9. Had that nasty problem using Chrome.

The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
Carl Sagan

mccmjoon76
Old
Thanks Meter 3,987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithleyson View Post
Are you using a custom rom? I am just using the stock rom that came with my Butterfly. Also just this morning TB gave an error that it can't get root privileges. Like my phone just lost root or something. I had to reflash the su and busybox zip to get root back.

Anyone know how I can keep root on my Butterfly while maintaining stock?

I'm with my Custom Rom see sign some time will loosed root when flashing items with Recovery .. still figure it out how to fix this..

Anyone knows ??? pls post it here ..