No registration required

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - NEXUS 7 - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

OP mskip

22nd February 2013, 05:56 PM   |  #1751  
Flag Alba
Thanks Meter: 337

1,167 posts
More
Re: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V4.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by putomacao

FYI, If you will read the previous post above this you'll see that they are encountering problems using windows 8, the link for updates is not working as well, It would be a big help if you will just post or quote that someone tried windows 8 successfully on this program, instead of showing your sarcasm. Thanks anyway, I'll just check it later and post if I will encounter the same issue.

Using windows 8 64bit. Used advice in OP to install drivers. Toolkit working perfectly with 4.1.x and 4.2.x.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killall For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 06:27 PM   |  #1752  
Flag Newtownabbey
Thanks Meter: 35

210 posts
More
Re: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V4.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Does it say offline in the Main Menu of the Toolkit? Or just nothing?

Have you updated the adb and fastboot files to the latest ones as stated in post#1?
Have you followed the instructions in the FAQ in post#2 to disable driver signature verification?
Have you tried switching from MTP to PTP in the pull down notification area?

Mark.

Hi Mark
Not showing anything. Yes I updated the files as in post#1 and yes to driver signature verification and also tried with PTP with same result.
I am wondering if it is anything to do with the fact that I upgraded to Win 8 from Win 7 instead of doing a clean install.

Stransky

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
22nd February 2013, 07:47 PM   |  #1753  
Thanks Meter: 124

455 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stransky

Hi Mark
Not showing anything. Yes I updated the files as in post#1 and yes to driver signature verification and also tried with PTP with same result.
I am wondering if it is anything to do with the fact that I upgraded to Win 8 from Win 7 instead of doing a clean install.

Stransky

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Are you using what kind of antivÝrus/firewall?

I don't have problems with win 8 enterprise 64 bits using Norton 360.

In fact Norton tried to block when i download the toolkit, but a pop up msg appears to take a action in what to do regard to it. After allowing it, i didn't have problems.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by edbertin; 22nd February 2013 at 07:51 PM.
22nd February 2013, 07:59 PM   |  #1754  
Flag Newtownabbey
Thanks Meter: 35

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbertin

Are you using what kind of antivÝrus/firewall?

I don't have problems with win 8 enterprise 64 bits using Norton 360.

In fact Norton tried to block when i download the toolkit, but a pop up msg appears to take a action in what to do regard to it. After allowing it, i didn't have problems.

Hi
Use AVG free but was using defender before. Had no problem initially when on 4.1.2, used the toolkit then to root etc. But was on Win 7 64bit
then.

Stransky

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
22nd February 2013, 09:54 PM   |  #1755  

455 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stransky

Hi
Use AVG free but was using defender before. Had no problem initially when on 4.1.2, used the toolkit then to root etc. But was on Win 7 64bit
then.

Stransky

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I will try to install again on my win 8 hd (fresh win 8 install) when i arrive at home (in 1 or 2 hours) and I will report back here.

23rd February 2013, 02:33 AM   |  #1756  

455 posts
More
When i changed from MTP to PTP, nexus 7 asked for allow my pc or not, after accepted, it works. But after i tried to rollback to MTP didn┤t work.
24th February 2013, 12:03 AM   |  #1757  
Flag Piteň
Thanks Meter: 95

683 posts
More
Hi
I am in trouble. I did update my n7 to 4.2.2 when i got the ota. But because of some issues I wanted to do a clean install so I thought that I could flash 4.2.1 with the toolkit and then update to 4.2.2. I did update the toolkit manually with the files from 1st post so that my device was found correctly.

When then I started the toolkit I choose option 4 to the question "what device and verison are you running?". I choose option 4 (4.2.1) because I couldnt find the option for 4.2.2. Then I choose option 9 from mainmenu and downloaded 4.2.1 and then started flashing it. But the installaion was aborted, and it stood something like "your bootloader is 4.18 and should be 4.13". Now my device wont boot, it got stuck in fastboot mode.
What can I do? Help is really appreciated!
24th February 2013, 07:33 AM   |  #1758  
Flag Piteň

683 posts
More
Please, someone
24th February 2013, 07:37 AM   |  #1759  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 221

851 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocke_lulle

Please, someone

I think you should have formated the partitions in CWM if you want to go from 4.2.2 to 4.2.1 .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 07:51 AM   |  #1760  
Flag Piteň

683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird

I think you should have formated the partitions in CWM if you want to go from 4.2.2 to 4.2.1 .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Hmm. I didnt have cwm, just stock recovery. I was running all stock. And when the flash was aborted it said something about bootloader

Edit. Problem solved. But I am a little bit ashamed to say what the problem was...I was running all stock and I forgot to unlock the bootloader before flashing=/ But now everything works.
Last edited by jocke_lulle; 24th February 2013 at 11:49 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread