Ouya vs The World (Comparisons and why Ouya has much competition)

23rd February 2013, 08:29 PM   |  #21  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 21

160 posts
More
The ouya is better than the S3 honestly. I have the note 2 and running through an MHL adapter into my TV it chugs when trying to emulate N64 graphics. Now my Nexus 7 on the otherhand (same specs as the Ouya mind you) pushes all of my N64 games without any slow down. Now my Note 2 has double the ram and a higher clock speed than the Nexus 7 but the Tegra 3 just does graphics better. Honestly that is what the Ouya has going for it. If they would have used a Snapdragon or cheap chinese nock off like the gamestik I dont think it would do very well.
24th February 2013, 05:21 AM   |  #22  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 15

67 posts
More
I like my Nexus 4's Snapdragon O.O. It's the smoothest mobile SoC I have ever used. The phone in terms of phones never, ever lags (standard these days for a mid-end or better phone) and games, for once, are supersmooth and look great in XDPI. I really want to see this progress, it has the horsepower to really kick butt. And if we can get optimization it will be insanely smooth on your TV. I'm guessing your TV is either ~1920x1200 or ~1280x800. I have to say that when I load up an iOS optimized copy of Shadowgun, it runs so smooth on 2048x1536 you'd think it was a PS3 gameplay video. Seriously, mobile gaming has so much potential right now. After playing just about every new Xbox 360 title available, I'm still amazed by the visual sharpness on my little N4.
24th February 2013, 07:04 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 302

2,389 posts
More
Re: Ouya vs The World (Comparisons and why Ouya has much competition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixon

I like my Nexus 4's Snapdragon O.O. It's the smoothest mobile SoC I have ever used. The phone in terms of phones never, ever lags (standard these days for a mid-end or better phone) and games, for once, are supersmooth and look great in XDPI. I really want to see this progress, it has the horsepower to really kick butt. And if we can get optimization it will be insanely smooth on your TV. I'm guessing your TV is either ~1920x1200 or ~1280x800. I have to say that when I load up an iOS optimized copy of Shadowgun, it runs so smooth on 2048x1536 you'd think it was a PS3 gameplay video. Seriously, mobile gaming has so much potential right now. After playing just about every new Xbox 360 title available, I'm still amazed by the visual sharpness on my little N4.

NEXUS 4 has few known issue.
24th February 2013, 08:35 PM   |  #24  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 15

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idhbar

NEXUS 4 has few known issue.

I really didn't get that post. Are you trying to say it has a few known issues, or it has very few known issues? I love my Nexus 4, I loaded up Paranoid ROM on it and it pretty much makes the phone perfect... at least to me.
25th February 2013, 03:23 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 302

2,389 posts
More
Re: Ouya vs The World (Comparisons and why Ouya has much competition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixon

I really didn't get that post. Are you trying to say it has a few known issues, or it has very few known issues? I love my Nexus 4, I loaded up Paranoid ROM on it and it pretty much makes the phone perfect... at least to me.

I have a plan to buy N4, but as I hard that it has few known issue like buzzing sound, heating problem, I am waiting for next nexus release.
28th February 2013, 03:26 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
I feel like the Shield by nVidia does everything the Ouya does, but better. I am starting to feel that Android is limiting both these systems though.
28th February 2013, 11:29 PM   |  #27  
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 99

1,197 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmontoya

I feel like the Shield by nVidia does everything the Ouya does, but better. I am starting to feel that Android is limiting both these systems though.

It should at 4 times the price. Can it be connected to a large screen?
4th March 2013, 03:32 AM   |  #28  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
I am really looking forward to trying this out. Waiting for the shipment to arrive...
4th March 2013, 03:55 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
Thumbs up hello
is it better than x-box .
thanks for feedback
4th March 2013, 04:00 AM   |  #30  
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 99

1,197 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromax canvas 2 user

is it better than x-box .
thanks for feedback

No, that is like comparing apples and oranges. Go to www.ouya.tv for info. Also do a search for Ou ya games on YouTube. They come in many different grades of quality but, there are some coming online with the same quality I pay $15.00 or more on PS3 store.
Last edited by lartomar2002; 4th March 2013 at 06:20 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ouya vs the world comparisons
Previous Thread Next Thread