Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Tip us?

seud0nym
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
can you please do this:
fastboot erase system
fastboot boot cwm
flash rom

let me know how much space is left.

flash minimal gapps.

post /tmp/recovery.log

thanks.
Hi.

I see no-one else has answered pershoot, so here is my experience.

I did the erase system, booted into CWM (6.0.2.7) and flashed cm-10.1-20130221-NIGHTLY-p3.zip. Via adb, I mounted /system and df -h showed 35.2M free.

I then flashed gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip using CWM, and mounted /system again and it showed only 8.0K free. I used nekitamo's suggestion, and deleted the non-English files from /system/tts/lang_pico, and it showed 3.9M free

Rebooted sucessfully (still shows 3.9M free).

I don't have a /tmp directory, and a search (find / -name recovery.log) didn't find any such file. Sorry.

I hope that helps.

Stephen

pinibo
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I also did not find the /tmp directory and neither the recovery.log. Would be helpful to know where I can find that log in order to see whether the installation was successful.

rycus86
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrazzy View Post
since Ubuntu touch is an chroot of CM10.1, it is possible to port it to our TAB 10.1V
I don't have the skills, anyone willing to give it a try? pershoot maybe?
i'm interested how it wil be on our tab,
something else than Android

fingers crossed.
I managed to build Ubuntu Touch for this Tab (at least there was no errors). Flashed the output zip and the phablet zip, rebooted, then there was nothing on the screen, adb and fastboot was also not worknig. Booted into CWM to find some logs but couldn't find one.

I think that the problem is with my local repo. Not really sure if the p3 codes are properly included.
Maybe someone who has a working p3 build system (pershoot maybe) could help me out with all of the p3/p4-common/p4 kernel stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4

pruano
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomschl View Post
Hi
I have also problems booting nightlys beginning whith 15.2 - the change of manifest to 4.2.2.
The latest nightly working was the 13... i'm currently using the unofficial from 17.

Is there a solution?
I flashed nightly 18.2 with minimal gapps without a problem.

Trying 21.2 today and doing diagnostics for pershoot, report coming soon.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrazzy View Post
since Ubuntu touch is an chroot of CM10.1, it is possible to port it to our TAB 10.1V
I don't have the skills, anyone willing to give it a try? pershoot maybe?
i'm interested how it wil be on our tab,
something else than Android
Probably best posting this in its own thread to avoid noise.

Would also like to try, but will only discuss on another thread.

pruano
Old
(Last edited by pruano; 24th February 2013 at 02:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruano View Post
I flashed nightly 18.2 with minimal gapps without a problem.
Trying 21.2 today and doing diagnostics for pershoot, report coming soon.[COLOR="Silver"]
Done, here are the results:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seud0nym View Post
Hi.
I did the erase system, booted into CWM (6.0.2.7) and flashed cm-10.1-20130221-NIGHTLY-p3.zip. Via adb, I mounted /system and df -h showed 35.2M free.
Same here.
Quote:
I then flashed gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip using CWM, and mounted /system again and it showed only 8.0K free.
I used gapps-minimal-jb-20121212; where can i get the 20130115? [Edit: forget it, found it on the OTHER Cyanogen 10.1 nightly thread, why two?]

As for space, it gave only had 4.0K free (with gapps-minimal-jb-20121212).

Quote:
Also rebooted successfully and still shows 4.0K (with gapps-minimal-jb-20121212).

There is a problem though, cannot seem to get adb working (also happening in 2.18) from within nightly, can anyone confirm?

Have the Programmer Options on (following this tutorial, stupid change), as well as USB Debug and USB debug notifications (or something like that, using different language), but doing "adb devices" from the computer identifies the device as offline.

Tried to get status from terminal in tablet with "adb get-status" which does not recognise (sends to help); adb start-server seems to launch ok, but no difference in status, adb usb gives "device error".

Also doing adb get-serialno (which from my understanding should give the id of the device) returns unknown.

Quote:
I don't have a /tmp directory, and a search (find / -name recovery.log) didn't find any such file. Sorry.
My system had a recovery.log, which i attach to this post (had to add the .txt extension to get over the board rules for attachments).
Attached Files
File Type: txt recovery.log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (205.8 KB, 5 views)

pruano
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Re-did the process using gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip.

Quote:
Hi.
I then flashed gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip using CWM, and mounted /system again and it showed only 8.0K free.
I have 0 K left

Quote:
Rebooted sucessfully (still shows 0 K for /system)

Still same problem with adb.

Attached recovery.log; weird thing though, cannot access /tmp from terminal within nightly, cannot find it, only through adb over recovery (can others confirm this as well?)
Attached Files
File Type: txt recovery.log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.8 KB, 3 views)

djden
Old
(Last edited by djden; 24th February 2013 at 03:30 PM.) Reason: Note
Thanks Meter 7
Default Adb

For adb i think you have to update your sdk to 4.2.2 on pc to get it working online

My adb is also only working through recovery..
The Following User Says Thank You to djden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pruano
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by djden View Post
For adb i think you have to update your sdk to 4.2.2 on pc to get it working online

My adb is also only working through recovery..
Indeed, an update of the packages through the SDK Manager fixed the problem with the adb, thks.

djden
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default System memory

For gapps I used tiny gapps of 20130207 and deleted some tts language I had about 9 mb left after that with 02-21 rom
I just updated through cm update manager in settings and now I am on 02-24 rom nothing deleted still 9mb of system memory left

Conan179
Old
Thanks Meter 20
i make ever this
Quote:
Reboot to recovery,
- install system image from Pershoot
- from storage option mount system and data partitions. From adb shell do following:
- $ mkdir /data/sys-app
- $ cd /system/app
- $ mv * /data/sys-app
- Install gapps zip from recovery menu
- from storage option mount system and data partitions. From adb shell do following:
- $ cd /system/app
- $ mv * /data/sys-app
- $ cd ..
- $ rm -R app
- $ ln -s /data/sys-app /system/app
- $ reboo
copyd from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=563
with the full gapps and haf NO problems.