Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm

OP gregk232

23rd February 2013, 11:14 PM   |  #21  
nygfan760's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,234
 
2,340 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga

Yay for more battery drain. On top of normal usage, this app has kept my phone awake for an extra hour just from today. 3 days of learning? Looks like this thing will never kick into gear with Greenify doing all the work and more. Uninstalling lol.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

I second that. My battery is actually draining faster.
24th February 2013, 01:10 AM   |  #22  
Neroga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Cloud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 565
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Re: [APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm
If the app would actually shut down upon deep sleep and turn back on with screen on like Greenify does, then that problem would go away. Greenify puts set apps into hibernation shortly after screen off including itself.

Sent from my LG Optimus G
The Following User Says Thank You to Neroga For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 01:22 AM   |  #23  
TangoXray's Avatar
Senior Member
McAllen, TX
Thanks Meter: 133
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Re: [APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga

If the app would actually shut down upon deep sleep and turn back on with screen on like Greenify does, then that problem would go away. Greenify puts set apps into hibernation shortly after screen off including itself.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

Lol so what your saying is, we should Really try Greenify??

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 03:23 AM   |  #24  
Nastybutler's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 229
 
494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Re: [APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm
I've been using Greenify since neroga first mentioned it and since then, my battery pretty much doesn't drop if I'm not using it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
24th February 2013, 08:13 AM   |  #25  
tmease1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 364
 
1,417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: [APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga

Yay for more battery drain. On top of normal usage, this app has kept my phone awake for an extra hour just from today. 3 days of learning? Looks like this thing will never kick into gear with Greenify doing all the work and more. Uninstalling lol.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

Mine is still learning after the 3rd day as well. I'm not running greenify either. I will let it runs its course a few more days and see what happens.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium
Last edited by tmease1; 24th February 2013 at 09:37 AM.
24th February 2013, 08:40 AM   |  #26  
gregk232's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Plano
Thanks Meter: 115
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Re: [APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm
Thanks for mentioning greenify, y'all.

Glad I started this thread now

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium
24th February 2013, 06:41 PM   |  #27  
Neroga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Cloud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 565
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Re: [APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoXray

Lol so what your saying is, we should Really try Greenify??

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

If you're willing to wait a few extra seconds for apps like Facebook to pull up. It fully shuts set apps down so they don't run in the background while the screen is off. Acts like you're starting it up for the first time lol. But the battery improvement is definitely noticeable.

--edit--

And just today the update for greenify disables itself upon deep sleep to further increase battery life. Why don't more apps similar to this do the same thing?!

Sent from my LG Optimus G
Last edited by Neroga; 24th February 2013 at 06:45 PM.
24th February 2013, 06:47 PM   |  #28  
TangoXray's Avatar
Senior Member
McAllen, TX
Thanks Meter: 133
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Re: [APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga

If you're willing to wait a few extra seconds for apps like Facebook to pull up. It fully shuts set apps down so they don't run in the background while the screen is off. Acts like you're starting it up for the first time lol. But the battery improvement is definitely noticeable.

--edit--

And just today the update for greenify disables itself upon deep sleep to further increase battery life. Why don't more apps similar to this do the same thing?!

Sent from my LG Optimus G

I've been using it for several days now. First full day, yesterday, I had msm_hsic_host wake locks extraordinarily bad. Hopefully, today I'll see something better.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 08:41 PM   |  #29  
Neroga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Cloud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 565
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Re: [APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoXray

I've been using it for several days now. First full day, yesterday, I had msm_hsic_host wake locks extraordinarily bad. Hopefully, today I'll see something better.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

I'm not sure what msm_hsic_host is but I know it's unrelated to anything involving the Qualcomm app or Greenify. I used to have that problem on The Base but it cleared on Snow JB.

Sent from my LG Optimus G
24th February 2013, 09:05 PM   |  #30  
Digil's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 59
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Yep, battery drain pretty bad with this app. Switching over to Greenify to try for myself.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes