Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Played with the One!

Tip us?

expertzero1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Cool. Does the speakers sound clearer? Like omg this is better than the s3 and one x etc... lol

Does it get hot?

Battery life on att hspa+?

Jw cause im on att and i already preordered it through negri

ErikWithNoC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillz88 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSwZ...e_gdata_player

Check this video out.. They show you the mesaging and phone app in this..

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!
Ah! How could I have missed this, I even watched their other video. Sense 5 is looking really good to me.
Phones: iPhone 3GS < Samsung Focus < iPhone 4 < Lumia 900 < HTC One X < Nexus 4 < HTC One!

ethan3686
Old
Thanks Meter 94
The phone looks gorgeous day by day..waiting for the reviews to come in!

dragzer223
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Man the UI looks beautiful...I definitely can't wait as well.
Once it turns March we will be counting down the days haha.

inseconds99
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcrazyfly View Post
I let a few of my iPhone employees touch it too... They all had their snobby comments about it looking like the iPhone it was light and felt like the iphone in that sense. The body really does feel great. As much as I loved last year's one x body design... This just feels so much nicer.

Best feature I found was the ability to do a full iCloud restore on the HTC One. Making it that much easier for iSheep to switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
What do you mean an icloud restore?
Co-Founder http://www.MobileWars.net

Verizon Devices:
Gold iPhone 5s - Current Daily Driver
Black iPhone 5 - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S4 - Returned

Unlocked Devices:
LG Nexus 4 - Returned & Sold

AT&T Devices:
LG Optimus G - Sold
Galaxy Note 2 - Traded Away
Galaxy S3 - Returned
iPhone 5 - Sold
iPhone 4s - Gave to My Mother
iPhone 4 - Gave to My Friend
iPhone 3G - Lent to My Cousin

Rage1ofakind
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post
Could you give any detailed impressions about Sense 5 in terms of UI? I've tried to watch as many videos of the HTC One I can find to see what it looks like, but I'd like to hear some specific impressions. I liked parts of Sense 4 (black font on white backgrounds), but absolutely hated the green they used frequently throughout the UI. It appears that Sense 5 uses blue more, gets rid of the textures on the blacks, and sticks with the black/white combo.
Take it this way, HTC's Sense 5 uses Google's framework to the CORE! More than anyone else. Every app and option is tailored with Androids latest and greatest. They're using Google's guideline to the DOT. From the side scrolling to the blue (as you mentioned), new dialer, flushed flat design on both the icons and UI.

I used it on the day they announced it as I'm with HTC Elevate. And all I can say is the device is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous, it made the HTC One X look bad when we compared them side by side. Sense 5 is practically designed for this sexy beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inseconds99 View Post
What do you mean an icloud restore?
You can get all your backups from Apples iTunes synced with the HTC One, using the new HTC Sync manager that will be available later on
HTC One > HTC One X+ > HTC One S > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Desire > HTC Hero > Sony Ericsson S500i

-]Megacharge[-
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage1ofakind View Post
You can get all your backups from Apples iTunes synced with the HTC One, using the new HTC Sync manager that will be available later on
Excellent, it's nice to see HTC has a cure for people suffering from that horrible disease called iTunes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -]Megacharge[- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6169

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Played with the One!

How does it compare to the optimus g in terms of feel and overall?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

plastikuss
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Browser performance

Hi, did you feel an improvement in the Internet browser with the 2 gb instead of the 1 gb? I mean, is there less tab reloading every time you switch from some app to the browser?

xXxG0dzRAgexXx
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by -]Megacharge[- View Post
Excellent, it's nice to see HTC has a cure for people suffering from that horrible disease called iTunes.
While I like what HTC has done with the itunes backup thing, since im going from a iPhone 4 to a HTC One, Im still going to use iTunes. Its the only thing I like about Apple. It has an elegant interface and its fast on my PC. I still see myself using it over anything else because its great. If you could show me another music manager that is as aesthetically appealing as itunes by all means show me. :P Only problem i see is syncing my music on to my HTC One. I'm not a fan of cloud storage music since i have 21 gigabytes of music and that wont be very nice with a 2 gigabyte data plan since i listen to music everyday for at the least 3 hours.