FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX/TOOL] Backup/Restore/Fix IMEI & Data Restore Tool v3.5 - Updated 03/22/2013!!!

389 posts
Thanks Meter: 937

By Peoplearmy, Member on 28th July 2012, 10:36 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
21st February 2013, 08:33 PM |#1191  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Need a little help here...
Ok, about the QPST's RF NV Item Manager (version 1.4.32)

I can goto FILE and READ FROM PHONE with no problem.
But I can't goto FILE and READ FROM QCN...it just doesn't load up.

Also: I can't seem to RESTORE a QCN from the QPST SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD.
It goes to 100% and fails on the resetting of the phone (which I believe it does anyhow and you can just manually reset the phone)
But it doesn't restore the QCN.

Someone told me maybe it's the port, but tried a different USB port and another cable (using original Samsung cable BTW)...

The phone is on the latest stock jelly bean, UVDLJA and yes I know about the *#7284* and the RMNET + DM + MODEM
I've tried it on UVALEM Modem and UVLALJ4 and still no go.

I can't go from this UVDLJA rom to UVLEM or UVLALJ4, it puts me in a bootloop at the Samsung logo. (Maybe I can't go from JB to ICS? I dunno, never tried until now)...but I don't know if it's a rom issue, as far as I know it just has to be stock so that we can go into the dialer and do the *# thing.

It seems that I can READ without a problem, but no writing. Any ideas why guys?

21st February 2013, 08:37 PM |#1192  
OP Member
Flag Cedar Hill, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyJoe

Ok, about the QPST's RF NV Item Manager (version 1.4.32)

I can goto FILE and READ FROM PHONE with no problem.
But I can't goto FILE and READ FROM QCN...it just doesn't load up.

Also: I can't seem to RESTORE a QCN from the QPST SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD.
It goes to 100% and fails on the resetting of the phone (which I believe it does anyhow and you can just manually reset the phone)
But it doesn't restore the QCN.

Someone told me maybe it's the port, but tried a different USB port and another cable (using original Samsung cable BTW)...

The phone is on the latest stock jelly bean, UVDLJA and yes I know about the *#7284* and the RMNET + DM + MODEM
I've tried it on UVALEM Modem and UVLALJ4 and still no go.

I can't go from this UVDLJA rom to UVLEM or UVLALJ4, it puts me in a bootloop at the Samsung logo. (Maybe I can't go from JB to ICS? I dunno, never tried until now)...but I don't know if it's a rom issue, as far as I know it just has to be stock so that we can go into the dialer and do the *# thing.

It seems that I can READ without a problem, but no writing. Any ideas why guys?

Are you using Odin to go from UVDLJA rom to UVLEM or UVLALJ4?

DX
21st February 2013, 08:45 PM |#1193  
OP Member
Flag Cedar Hill, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by en11gma

i have a qualcom chip and it still does "NOT" work
SPH-L710

Sprint phones please follow the link on OP for Verizon. Also for a Note II I have no clue I do not have a note II and cannot verify that the NV Items needed for the Note II will exist on any GS3.

DX
21st February 2013, 09:25 PM |#1194  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoplearmy

Are you using Odin to go from UVDLJA rom to UVLEM or UVLALJ4?

DX

Hello again Peoplearmy...it's been a while. Thank you for your prompt response on this issue.

Yes, I am using Odin.

I even tried to use Wicked v5 (which is UVLEM based), flashing it through TWRP Recovery. It flashes fine but also the Samsung Logo bootloop. This bootloop happens with the Odin tar of the LEM and LJ4. I'm pretty sure that when I did this in the past, it was on LEM and then the first release of JB and it all worked fine then.

So, I'm not sure what's going on.

It all seems to READ ok. I just can't write anything.

Also, did the QPST's RF NV Item Manager always have the READ FROM QCN not working?
I can READ FROM PHONE alright, but when I want to READ FROM QCN it doesn't...but I don't recall 100% if this worked or not in the past as well.

(EDIT: It only reads a QCN that is 378kb big...it doesn't read the 171 and 241 ones...though it reads it, it still doesn't write it to phone.)
22nd February 2013, 03:45 AM |#1195  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 513

More
Re: [FIX/TOOL] Backup/Restore/Fix IMEI & Data Restore Tool v3.0 - Updated 11/01/2012!
Here another ... just fixed a dead IMEI from a galaxy note 2 from tmobile ... not gonna show how for many reasons...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361501145818.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	1750342  
22nd February 2013, 03:49 AM |#1196  
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Re: [FIX/TOOL] Backup/Restore/Fix IMEI & Data Restore Tool v3.0 - Updated 11/01/2012!
If yiu people want ill share my own custom nv items for gs3 ... just PM me ...I have also for all the galaxy phones to bring back the 4g data back ... and yes they do work because already done more 100pcs with it .. I changed the IMEI but not gonna say how ...

(Gs3 .. Gn2 ...Tmobile and At&t)

22nd February 2013, 07:19 AM |#1197  
OP Member
Flag Cedar Hill, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSMEJOSE

If yiu people want ill share my own custom nv items for gs3 ... just PM me ...I have also for all the galaxy phones to bring back the 4g data back ... and yes they do work because already done more 100pcs with it .. I changed the IMEI but not gonna say how ...

(Gs3 .. Gn2 ...Tmobile and At&t)

Please don't troll on here if you're not going to help anyone then please move along. This thread was created as a way to help others restore their dead phones not for you to boast about you being able to do something that others are unable to do.

DX
The Following User Says Thank You to Peoplearmy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Peoplearmy Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 08:33 AM |#1198  
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:

Please don't troll on here if you're not going to help anyone then please move along. This thread was created as a way to help others restore their dead phones not for you to boast about you being able to do something that others are unable to do.

DX

Dont get me wrong .... I know what your saying .... ill post the nv items tomorrow when I get to my job .... I do wanna help the people out ...

24th February 2013, 09:26 AM |#1199  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Angry Gives me an error while generating file
Hi it always gives me an error while generating file .
Quote:

11/01/2012 - Telus now fully supported (v3.0.0.0)

Custom App updated current support is for AT&T, T-Mobile, Bell, Telus, and Rogers. I am in need of anyone with a working Sasktel phone in order to get this working for Sasktel.

Download - SGS3 Data Restorer App

This custom app will create a QCN file that can be restored to your phone after you inject your IMEI back into your phone and find yourself with data connection issues. This is only used if you had lost your IMEI and did not have a backup created!!

What you will need to do:

Inject your IMEI back into your phone.
Create a QCN backup of your phone using QPST (see OP for instructions).
Download the app and install it.
Go to start menu, you will find app under DanX and run it.. (If there are any new updates the app will find it.)
Upload your QCN backup into the app.
Select a save location and create a save name.
Verify that your IMEI is correct.
Click IMEI Verified button.
Wait and the QCN should be generated.
Go to the location where you saved the QCN.
Go to QPST and restore file into your phone (see OP for instructions).
Manually reboot your phone.
If you have slow connection still but you're no longer on 2g reboot again.
If you still have slow connections after that consider flashing stock again through Odin and then pushing the generated file onto the phone.
If it still is not working respond to this thread.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

I do not guarantee any success and results may vary on how badly you have borked your phone!
I am not responsible if you screw your phone worst than it already is as QPST is a deadly phone weapon use it at your on risk.

DX

I cannot guarantee release times as I do this on my spare time but I promise I will try to keep this updated as long as I can. Though the coffee may keep me up I do sleep every now and then if you used the app and you liked it please donate it pays for coffee...lol

24th February 2013, 06:30 PM |#1200  
OP Member
Flag Cedar Hill, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangtas_666

Hi it always gives me an error while generating file .

Seems to not work properly on Windows XP.

DX
24th February 2013, 11:46 PM |#1201  
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSMEJOSE

Dont get me wrong .... I know what your saying .... ill post the nv items tomorrow when I get to my job .... I do wanna help the people out ...

Sent you a PM seeking your help as a fellow XDA member.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix, imei, nv data, repair, sgs3
Previous Thread Next Thread