Originally Posted by rjay3
Any more ideas on the error: device not found I can try? if it helps, when i use other rooting methods, i get the permission denied errors.
I suspect this is due to a driver issue. What is shown in the Windows Device Manager? Do you see:
Kindle > Android ADB Interface
Portable Devices > Kindle
If no, what do you see in the Windows Device Manager?
Windows 7 64 bits…
Here is an alternative driver you can manually install if the other driver is not working - Unzip it to your Desktop:
Step by Step Guide
- Connect USB cable to Kindle Fire.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Double click on Kindle.
- Go to Hardware tab.
- Select Kindle with yellow exclamation mark, then click on Properties.
- Go to Details tab.
7. At Property, choose Hardware Ids.
8. That’s Kindle Fire USB hardware Id that we going to use later.
9. Just leave the property window open.
10. Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\.android folder. If this does not exist you may create one.
12. Open adb_usb.ini with notepad.
13. Key in 0×1949. (don’t copy and paste)
14. Save it
15. Let’s go back to Kindle property window.
16. Go to General tab.
17. Select Update Driver… then.
18. Select Browse my computer for driver software ~ Locate and install driver software manually.
19. Select Browse…, and select the location you extracted the usb_driver
20. When Windows Security prompt, select Install this driver software anyway
21. That is it!
*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 02:19 for Microsoft Windows*****
Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip
Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)
Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)
Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)
7-Zip for Windows 32-bit: Download
7-Zip for Windows 64-bit: Download
Oracle Java SE Update: Java SE Development Kit 7u15
Oracle Java SE 7u15 32-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-i586.exe
Oracle Java SE 7u15 64-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-x64.exe