Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 47,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][JB] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel for D2TMO/D2ATT (AOSP) v2.9 [3/09/13]

Tip us?

ares117
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default 2.4GHz wifi crash

Bug on the i747

Selecting the 2.4GHz only option in advanced wifi settings causes a forced reboot.
Im trying to do this because it takes a long time for wifi to auto-connect, and usually this setting (with other kernels) has helped.

Any fixes/ suggestions?

Swiftks
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1926
Default Re: [Kernel][JB] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel for D2TMO/D2ATT (AOSP) v2.7 [2/22/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares117 View Post
Bug on the i747

Selecting the 2.4GHz only option in advanced wifi settings causes a forced reboot.
Im trying to do this because it takes a long time for wifi to auto-connect, and usually this setting (with other kernels) has helped.

Any fixes/ suggestions?
Change the WiFi scan interval time in the build.prop. This will find networks faster and thus connect quicker, when in range. Also uses more battery unfortunately.

Sent from my SGS III

ares117
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftks View Post
Change the WiFi scan interval time in the build.prop. This will find networks faster and thus connect quicker, when in range. Also uses more battery unfortunately.
OK, I'll try that. However I would rather this bug be addressed so that I can have fast connections without extra battery drain

Johnny424
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Default Re: [Kernel][JB] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel for D2TMO/D2ATT (AOSP) v2.7 [2/22/13

anyone else seen the lag that comes about after a while? on the newest release ..the phone slows down so much that it hangs on the CRT animation and freezes.. same thing going on with kt's latest release .. I believe he said it was something to do with the latest cm commits..
I'll try to attach a last_kmessage when it happens again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Imoseyon
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3770

DONATE TO ME
I should have the wifi crash fix in 2.7.3 - uploading in a few min..
twitter: @imoseyon
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Imoseyon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ares117
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imoseyon View Post
I should have the wifi crash fix in 2.7.3 - uploading in a few min..
Wow that was amazingly fast! Thank you!

kiden
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I've been running this on Slim Bean 1.0 for a couple of days now. Battery life is great with interactiveX and I have not encountered any errors with the Wifi or anything else. Thank you!
- Kiden

Current Phone: TMO Samsung Galaxy SIII
Nexus S i9020T: Slim Bean + Marmite Kernel
HTC Glacier: Given away! Running MIUI.us GB
HTC Magic: Now dead.

flashback7
Old
Thanks Meter 1324

2.7.3 + latest Slim Bean 4.2.2. on D2spr is butta!!!!! No WiFi issues....Tks Imoseyon!

Sent from my SPH-L710 [Slim + Lean]
Sprint-Moto X/stock rooted odexed 4.4.4/Philz latest recovery

Heisenberg420
Old
Thanks Meter 401

I know this has been asked in almost every kernel thread and will probably only serve to annoy but any plans to add morfics trinity colors (been added to tasks and kt747 kernel)

I think this is one of the most stable and responsive kernels but I just can't go back to the old colors, looks like a yellow glare everywhere

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1207
I was using this kernel the other day when the CM kernel was soiling the bed sheets, and I noticed CifsManager wasn't working.

Leankernel must be missing these two commits:

init.rc: Create /storage mountpoint so Dalvik can mark as slave in zygotes: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/30064/
Zygote: Restrict slave mountspace so Dalvik apps can mount system-wide volumes: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/30872/

Any chance we could get these two added?

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Tags
battery life, d2tmo, kernel, leankernel, t999