Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help! think i bricked my tf700

Tip us?
 
sbdags
Old
#11  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,931
Posts: 11,448
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasse View Post
the jellybean 4.1 was official if i remember correctly, however the "upgrade" to 4.2 was through the parandroid rom. But how would i have updatede my bootloader then?
The old ICS bootloader used to give some text first when booting with volume down and then you hit volume up to get some options.

The new JB bootloader gives 4 icons when booting with volume down held. It also tells you the bootloader version

From what you described it sounds like the old ICS bootloader. But of course I could be completely wrong as I can't see your screen.

Without you giving versions it is impossible to say what you have done but if you have done a reset from the bootloader (you said you have) and you are on the wrong recovery then you have likely bricked your device. Usually it was done with JB bootloader and an older version of TWRP. As you have said you were on 2.4.1.0(??) I'm not sure as you haven't detailed your bootloader.

Do you still have fastboot available? I.e., when you select it does it say starting fastboot?
 
Thats OK
Old
#12  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 3,091
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasse View Post
okay im on twrp 2.4.0.1.... but i canīt enter the recovery mode
How do you know you're on TWRP if you can't get into recovery?
 
prasse
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
The old ICS bootloader used to give some text first when booting with volume down and then you hit volume up to get some options.

The new JB bootloader gives 4 icons when booting with volume down held. It also tells you the bootloader version

From what you described it sounds like the old ICS bootloader. But of course I could be completely wrong as I can't see your screen.

Without you giving versions it is impossible to say what you have done but if you have done a reset from the bootloader (you said you have) and you are on the wrong recovery then you have likely bricked your device. Usually it was done with JB bootloader and an older version of TWRP. As you have said you were on 2.4.1.0(??) I'm not sure as you haven't detailed your bootloader.

Do you still have fastboot available? I.e., when you select it does it say starting fastboot?
okay thank you for the explanation, but no i dont have fastboot avaliable.... got the same screen as before.


 
prasse
Old
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default ngionla appearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
How do you know you're on TWRP if you can't get into recovery?
well i got those previously two mentioned options.....if i take the wipe option, it automatiaclly enters the custom recovery and starts wiping, however im not in control, and canīt do anything while it wipes.
 
Thats OK
Old
#15  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 3,091
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasse View Post
well i got those previously two mentioned options.....if i take the wipe option, it automatiaclly enters the custom recovery and starts wiping, however im not in control, and canīt do anything while it wipes.
Is there any way you could in some way put up a picture of the screen on the tablet?
When you mention "wiping" is that a system wipe or do you know if it is the eMMC (sd0) wipe?

Wish there was a way to see your tabs boot\recovery screen.



Is it anything like the above image?
 
prasse
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
Is there any way you could in some way put up a picture of the screen on the tablet?
When you mention "wiping" is that a system wipe or do you know if it is the eMMC (sd0) wipe?

Wish there was a way to see your tabs boot\recovery screen.



Is it anything like the above image?

Ye almost the excat same, i Can upload a picture when i get home... But no i dont know the difference between, your mentioned wipes sorry :s..
 
sbdags
Old
#17  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,931
Posts: 11,448
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
If it looks like that what happens when you push volume up on the RCK icon?
 
prasse
Old
#18  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
If it looks like that what happens when you push volume up on the RCK icon?
see thats the difference, i only got the two last icons wipe and usb : /
 
MartyHulskemper
Old
#19  
MartyHulskemper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 365
Posts: 1,465
Join Date: Jun 2008
That sounds like you do not have any recovery available. If you connect the tablet to the computer via SUB and pick the USB option, what happens?
"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar
 
pvka13
Old
#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kaunas, LTU
Isn't the fastboot built into the bootloader? It should be always possible to recover if you can get to the recovery select screen and select fastboot, shouldn't it?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more

Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more

Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more