Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] Boot loop - insurance wont fix as saying it is water damaged

OP chouman

23rd February 2013, 01:03 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouman

Thanks herbie. I should hear back from my insurance company regarding the appeal I made over the next day or two. Fingers crossed I wont have to resort to pulling the phone apart. Pretty sure that the board is fried, so not sure what I would achieve anyway.

I've still got the phone and have had it in the boiler cupboard again inside a box full of rice, so if nothing else, anything that may have been in there will be long dried up by time I hear back. I'll pull it out after they get back to me.

Guys, just want to thank you for your time on this one. I've had a letter through this morning accepting my appeal. They asked me to get a letter from my network confirming that the IMEI of this phone was in use up until the date I said and I sent this in, and I sent this on.

I've just called them and they said that the phone was unrepairable and I should expect contact within 3 working days with either a replacement being sent out (reconditioned phone) or a cash payment to buy a replacement.

Just a few more days with a 3/4 year old HTC Wildfire then back to a speedy One X (or One if they make a cash offer!).
24th February 2013, 09:02 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 115

444 posts
More
Sv: [Q] Boot loop - insurance wont fix as saying it is water damaged
Thats great Nice that they accepted the appeal. They seems thorough in that they are asking for the imei number and proof of usage, wow

Kind Regards
TwinAdk
- Via the premium XDA app
25th February 2013, 04:07 PM   |  #13  
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 17

75 posts
More
Hi!
Sorry for bumping the topic, but I had the same problem.
The power button was broken, and was constantly pushed in. The device rebooted all by itself, and couldn't charge.
I replaced the power button and it all works like a charm right now!
Sorry for being to late, but I discovered yesterday
26th February 2013, 06:24 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 115

444 posts
More
Sv: [Q] Boot loop - insurance wont fix as saying it is water damaged
Didn't the constantly pressed power button result in the buttons below the screen flashing? I don't know if the OP experienced this..

Kind Regards
TwinAdk
26th February 2013, 12:59 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinAdk

Didn't the constantly pressed power button result in the buttons below the screen flashing? I don't know if the OP experienced this..

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

I don't think there was any issue with the power button, but it would make some sense. I did ask what they found to be wrong with the phone and the lady on the phone just said it was unrepairable.

I called again today and I've been told to expect a white 32gb One X to be coming my way (again within 3 days which seems to be their standard response to anything!), so glad it's all over. Hoping to get my wife to take it on to replace her white iPhone 4S which is coming out of contract in a couple of months as she's after something faster and I'll get the new HTC One, but not too confident of pulling that off!
26th February 2013, 04:30 PM   |  #16  
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 17

75 posts
More
No, my buttons weren't flashing at all, if you try yourself, they aren't flashing too.
Glad it's fixed but I'm pretty sure it was the power button :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread