Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,920 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To Repair HTC One X Screen

Tip us?

Normanski
Old
(Last edited by Normanski; 23rd February 2013 at 09:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: How To Repair HTC One X Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubombelar View Post
Received mine today. Original to the max
Be very interested how it turns out when fitted and tested how you rate the end product, :thumbup:

Sent from my Sensation using xda app-developers app

reyreyes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndr01d3 View Post
Hey guys, can anybody confirm that the screens with the next model number are compatibles?
LS047K1SX01K and LS047K1SX01L
I'm just guessing/hoping that they are not, and therefore is not my phone totally broke. When i google those numbers i found places where they sell one or the another but I havent found a place were there are 2 models and if those are interchangeable.
Thanks for your help!
Hi, Did you get to lcd to turn on? The same happened to me, i have no way to say that it is the motherboard or the lcd since the original lcd is broken and doesnt work,.

Kubombelar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Reyrey does your phone power on? Vibrate, sounds? When you put the broken lcd?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kubombelar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skimilk44
Old
(Last edited by skimilk44; 24th February 2013 at 02:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Default LCD Compatability

From my understanding, there are two types:

HTC ONE X World version

HTC ONE X US/ATT/XL version

The world version has a green flex cable.

And the ATT version has a yellow one

I may have mixed those two colors around..
Anyways you should look if the flex cables are the same, because if they are, then they SHOULD be compatible to your motherboard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, my lcd tracker says it'll be in the mail Monday. hopefully it matches and fits. or else I'm going to have to return it.

My original plan was to fix this, sell it on ebay, and use the money towards a brand new nexus 4. But after doing some researching, besides the quad core and the 2gb ram, there isn't much difference. Nexus 4 might be a bit snappier, but if I am able to run CM10.1 on the One X the Sense skin's RAM intake would be gone. I also did want to try Ubuntu phone in the future, but I'm assuming some awesome developers are here and could port it the image to this phone (or Ubuntu would do it themselves)

Idk, what are your guys thoughts? My options are:

Fix goes well - Keep it/Sell it.

Fix doesn't go well > Return LCD > Sell phone as is on eBay (or here if anyone interested)

Fix doesn't go well > Return LCD > Buy genuine 1 part digitizer lcd screen and keep.

Anybody try both phones or test run both phones and have any preference?
LG G2 - Stock

Cruzito1979
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up HTC ONE X International

I have read the forum from beginning to end and I have to say I have learned a lot from this forum and I wanted to thank all of you for all your input and knowledge ... I can truly go out and find a REAL OEM ORIGINAL lcd screen+digitizer and I wanted to say that I think this one ===> etradesupply .... is probably the real deal I don't know for sure because I don't have it in front of me YET but this one will be the one I will be ordering I asked them a lot of questions and they sent me a lot of pics to make my decision and I truly think this one is the real deal ... I will be posting my results when I get it in and installed....

reyreyes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubombelar View Post
Reyrey does your phone power on? Vibrate, sounds? When you put the broken lcd?
Yeah, i can charge it, green light shows when charged, i turn it on, and looks like its on because i press the volume buttons and it sounds as i decrease or increase volume but no light comes to the screen. I had ordered a chinese LCD+digitizer with green+yellow lcd flex which was supposed to be compatible with my phone which had a green flex version, followed the all known instructions for testing when replacing lcds but didnnt work, sent back to seller, they tested and said it worked and that the problem was the motherboard, i doubt it so i ordered an LCD (i already had the digitizer), this time i made sure its the all green flex version and that matches the product number of the original, i will let you know if it works if it doesnt i will follow advice exposed in this site

see f o r u m . g s m h o s ti n g . c o m / vbb / f485 / htc-one-x-lcd-backlight-problem-1515376 / index2.html

Regards, let me know if someone has or had the same issue and tell us how you solved it..

phi1ipp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyreyes View Post
Yeah, i can charge it, green light shows when charged, i turn it on, and looks like its on because i press the volume buttons and it sounds as i decrease or increase volume but no light comes to the screen. I had ordered a chinese LCD+digitizer with green+yellow lcd flex which was supposed to be compatible with my phone which had a green flex version, followed the all known instructions for testing when replacing lcds but didnnt work, sent back to seller, they tested and said it worked and that the problem was the motherboard, i doubt it so i ordered an LCD (i already had the digitizer), this time i made sure its the all green flex version and that matches the product number of the original, i will let you know if it works if it doesnt i will follow advice exposed in this site

Regards, let me know if someone has or had the same issue and tell us how you solved it..
The thing could be the jaw connector for the LCD. You should insert the flex part really all the way into the connector. I usually try to do that when the phone is disassembled just to find out if the LCD is good.

beenja
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hello guys
I'm looking for an original lcd+screen for my HOX s720e
Any good reliable seller?
I think the good screen come with black adhesives in the back.
I already bought one from China, and came with pale colors, and not the screen kind of loose.
Thanks

tiguy99
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by repairsuniverse View Post
You use adhesive strips between the LCD and the digitizer. This stops dust getting in.
Where can you buy these adhesive strips that are laser cut to fit our screens sizes?
- LG G2 32GB (white)
- HTC Sensation 4G (project phone)

- Motorola Atrix HD (Sold but not forgotten)
- HTC One XL (still in the family)
- Samsung galaxy s2 T-mobile Jedi Mind Trick v9 ROM (sold)
- iPhone 4 white unlocked (sold)
- iPhone 3G 16GB (sold)
- iphone Unlocked (sold)
- T-Mobile Dash (Sold)
- Verizon Motorola Q (Sold) <--- best phone I
had before the iphone

Cruzito1979
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenja View Post
Hello guys
I'm looking for an original lcd+screen for my HOX s720e
Any good reliable seller?
I think the good screen come with black adhesives in the back.
I already bought one from China, and came with pale colors, and not the screen kind of loose.
Thanks
Take a look at this one w w w. e t r a d e s u p p l y . c o m / h t c . h t m l.......... this is where I purchased mine i'll let you know when it comes in and when installed

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiguy99 View Post
Where can you buy these adhesive strips that are laser cut to fit our screens sizes?
take a look at this one i found it on EBAy w w w . eb a y . c o m / i tm /1 9 0 7 64 68 8 3 8 9 ? s s Pa g e N a m e = S T RK : M E W A X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Tags
htc, one x, repair guide, screen assembly, screen repair