Originally Posted by suku_patel_22
I have just ordered my RaspberryPi, and I plan on using it for below.
1. Connect my powered 2TB external HDD to it and make a NAS
2. Use it as a torrent client
3. Play movies on the HDD using XBMC
4. Run lightppd to share my files on the internet.
Coming to my questions
1. Would it be possible to install the distro on a separate partition one the HDD? I plan to format the HDD using ext4.
2. Will the little machine be able to handle the load of all 4 tasks?
3. Should I use NFS over SMB? I plan to access the files of the share on Linux, Windows and Android.
Please let me know your thoughts on this.
Tapatalked from Desire S running Andromadus
1: I would use a bootloader like BerryBoot to install the distro on the hard drive, I think its possible, Ive only installed on a flash drive and SD Card, but I dont see why it wouldnt work.
2. It might be able to handle it but cant say for sure. On mine I am using XBMC and streaming movies from my desktop and I am using nearly 400mb of RAM but I think the CPU load is okay.
3. Not sure on this one, I use SMB but my laptop is broken so I dont have linux running on any of my machines, but Windows and Android works just fine, and I actually use my Nexus 7 as a remote for XBMC.