NFS or SMB
I have just ordered my RaspberryPi, and I plan on using it for below.
1. Connect my powered 2TB external HDD to it and make a NAS
2. Use it as a torrent client
3. Play movies on the HDD using XBMC
4. Run lightppd to share my files on the internet.
Coming to my questions
1. Would it be possible to install the distro on a separate partition one the HDD? I plan to format the HDD using ext4.
2. Will the little machine be able to handle the load of all 4 tasks?
3. Should I use NFS over SMB? I plan to access the files of the share on Linux, Windows and Android.
Please let me know your thoughts on this.
Tapatalked from Desire S running Andromadus
HTC One(Stock), Nexus 7(AOSPA/Franco), HTC Desire S(Fallout)
Thanks posts clutter, hit the "Thanks" button instead!