Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTLOADER] 2nd-Bootloader/Recovery unlock process for KFire 2 [TWRP 2.6.3.0]

Tip us?

mindmajick
Old
Thanks Meter 2,912

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/29 CODECS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
Both 1st and 2nd gen Kindle Fires were submitted to CyanigenMod review 2 days ago.

I'll check in with them today to see where we're at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Yay! Much man love!

You really have done so much for us here. If there is ANYTHING i can ever do to help your cause in any way don't ever hesitate to ask. I know how much work it has been to get us up and running and appreciate it more than you know.

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mindmajick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinhntna608
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How can I back to stock rom from TWRP? I'm currently at CM10.1 but the battery life is disappointed. I have no Stock rom backup.

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Need to find some one willing to share there back up with you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hillconnor13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mindmajick
Old
(Last edited by mindmajick; 20th February 2013 at 03:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,912

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/29 CODECS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillconnor13 View Post
Need to find some one willing to share there back up with you
Wrong answer. Those annoy me even more than answering questions that have been answered over and over.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2096888

Edit: i was wrong. Leaving this here as an example of how NOT to act on XDA. The irony.. :banghead:

--

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmajick View Post
Wrong answer. Those annoy me even more than answering questions that have been answered over and over.

--
Actually that was the perfect answer... he asked for within twrp not a different tool
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev
The Following User Says Thank You to fmkilo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mindmajick
Old
Thanks Meter 2,912

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
Actually that was the perfect answer... he asked for within twrp not a different tool
Lmao. I apologize for my previous statement.

1. Because i was wrong
2. Because i was a douche about it.

I really am sorry though.. I was in a pissy mood earlier and should know better.

Thanks fmkilo for correcting me.

--
The Following User Says Thank You to mindmajick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Lmao. I apologize for my previous statement.

1. Because i was wrong
2. Because i was a douche about it.

I really am sorry though.. I was in a pissy mood earlier and should know better.

Thanks fmkilo for correcting me.

--
Do you have a fastboot flashable back up of your kf2 before you flashed the twrp recovery if so could you share with me because I wanna get rid of the software and back to stock I made a update but didnt wipe twrp

mindmajick
Old
(Last edited by mindmajick; 24th February 2013 at 01:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,912

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillconnor13 View Post
Do you have a fastboot flashable back up of your kf2 before you flashed the twrp recovery if so could you share with me because I wanna get rid of the software and back to stock I made a update but didnt wipe twrp
There are two different ways i can suggest:
1. Try this tool- it will download the system images and do all the heavy lifting for you-

2. Or, you can do what i did.. I got the dropbox download location from the runme.bat file and downloaded the files, then ran the fastboot commands manually.. Just look in the batch file for "option1".

I've been back and forth a couple times now just playing with things. I've become foolishly confident with my fast boot cable on hand. I still can't seem to make a cwm flashable zip for stock though.. Just not sure what I'm doing wrong. If i ever figure it out i promise to share

--

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
1. Try this tool- it will download the system images and do all the heavy lifting for you-

2. Or, you can do what i did.. I got the dropbox download location from the runme.bat file and downloaded the files, then ran the fastboot commands manually.. Just look in the batch file for "option1".

I've been back and forth a couple times now just playing with things. I've become foolishly confident with my fast boot cable on hand. I still can't seem to make a cwm flashable zip for stock though.. Just not sure what I'm doing wrong. If i ever figure it out i promise to share

--
Thank you always a great help and very generous just keep repacking till it works its normally a packing fault (y)

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

--
everything went smoothly I did it your way it seemed to be the easiest much more simple had a little panic attack after it the red triangle came up but that just told me to wipe it rebooted and perfect thanks again.