[Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Search This thread

AeMr

Aug 23, 2011
Atlanta
Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Is there a CM 10.1 topic for Galaxy Nexus? Been looking in several threads but no luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

JorgeSinval

Jul 25, 2011
I would like to know which is the best modem file to the last CM 10 nightly.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Conan179

Apr 28, 2010
@aemr no your a wrong very wrong
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, 10.1v / Galaxy Tab 10.1v Android Development

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
I would like to know which is the best modem file to the last CM 10 nightly.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

The 7500 one.

Know however that if for some reason you need to get back to stock for an OTA update, you need to reflash the modem with the p7100 one in the P7100BUKE2 update, which you can get here (registration required)

Last edited:
Reactions: JorgeSinval

nekitamo

Nov 11, 2009

Hi
I have also problems booting nightlys beginning whith 15.2 - the change of manifest to 4.2.2.
The latest nightly working was the 13... i'm currently using the unofficial from 17.

Is there a solution?

Regards
Tom

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda premium

Well, it seems that nightlies became too big for our /system partition... but there's a solution.

Download the latest nightly to your computer and reduce its size by deleting unnecessary stuff with some kind of zip manager until it's 122MB or less. I usually delete something from system/tts as I don't use text-to-speech, that makes it 4-5MB smaller.

I just updated to yesterday's nightly from scratch this way, hopefully it should also work via standard CM Updates menu....

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda app-developers app

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Well, it seems that nightlies became too big for our /system partition... but there's a solution.

Download the latest nightly to your computer and reduce its size by deleting unnecessary stuff with some kind of zip manager until it's 122MB or less. I usually delete something from system/tts as I don't use text-to-speech, that makes it 4-5MB smaller.

I just updated to yesterday's nightly from scratch this way, hopefully it should also work via standard CM Updates menu....

can you please do this:
fastboot erase system
fastboot boot cwm
flash rom

let me know how much space is left.

flash minimal gapps.

post /tmp/recovery.log

thanks.

Tomschl

Dec 14, 2011
AW: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Thanks for your solution... removing some tts files (all except the german ones ;) ) brought the 21st to work.

Tom

Gesendet von meinem GT-P7100 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

daddyrazzy

Apr 6, 2011
Sint-Niklaas
since Ubuntu touch is an chroot of CM10.1, it is possible to port it to our TAB 10.1V
I don't have the skills, anyone willing to give it a try? pershoot maybe? :)
i'm interested how it wil be on our tab,
something else than Android :)

fingers crossed.:fingers-crossed:

seud0nym

Feb 24, 2013
can you please do this:
fastboot erase system
fastboot boot cwm
flash rom

let me know how much space is left.

flash minimal gapps.

post /tmp/recovery.log

thanks.

Hi.

I see no-one else has answered pershoot, so here is my experience.

I did the erase system, booted into CWM (6.0.2.7) and flashed cm-10.1-20130221-NIGHTLY-p3.zip. Via adb, I mounted /system and df -h showed 35.2M free.

I then flashed gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip using CWM, and mounted /system again and it showed only 8.0K free. I used nekitamo's suggestion, and deleted the non-English files from /system/tts/lang_pico, and it showed 3.9M free

Rebooted sucessfully (still shows 3.9M free).

I don't have a /tmp directory, and a search (find / -name recovery.log) didn't find any such file. Sorry.

I hope that helps.

Stephen

pinibo

Dec 28, 2011
I also did not find the /tmp directory and neither the recovery.log. Would be helpful to know where I can find that log in order to see whether the installation was successful.

rycus86

Aug 20, 2010

since Ubuntu touch is an chroot of CM10.1, it is possible to port it to our TAB 10.1V

fingers crossed.:fingers-crossed:

I managed to build Ubuntu Touch for this Tab (at least there was no errors). Flashed the output zip and the phablet zip, rebooted, then there was nothing on the screen, adb and fastboot was also not worknig. Booted into CWM to find some logs but couldn't find one.

I think that the problem is with my local repo. Not really sure if the p3 codes are properly included.
Maybe someone who has a working p3 build system (pershoot maybe) could help me out with all of the p3/p4-common/p4 kernel stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Hi
I have also problems booting nightlys beginning whith 15.2 - the change of manifest to 4.2.2.
The latest nightly working was the 13... i'm currently using the unofficial from 17.

Is there a solution?

I flashed nightly 18.2 with minimal gapps without a problem.

Trying 21.2 today and doing diagnostics for pershoot, report coming soon.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Probably best posting this in its own thread to avoid noise.

Would also like to try, but will only discuss on another thread.

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
I flashed nightly 18.2 with minimal gapps without a problem.
Trying 21.2 today and doing diagnostics for pershoot, report coming soon.

Done, here are the results:

Hi.
I did the erase system, booted into CWM (6.0.2.7) and flashed cm-10.1-20130221-NIGHTLY-p3.zip. Via adb, I mounted /system and df -h showed 35.2M free.
Same here.
I then flashed gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip using CWM, and mounted /system again and it showed only 8.0K free.
I used gapps-minimal-jb-20121212; where can i get the 20130115? [Edit: forget it, found it on the OTHER Cyanogen 10.1 nightly thread, why two?]

As for space, it gave only had 4.0K free (with gapps-minimal-jb-20121212).

Also rebooted successfully and still shows 4.0K (with gapps-minimal-jb-20121212).

There is a problem though, cannot seem to get adb working (also happening in 2.18) from within nightly, can anyone confirm?

Have the Programmer Options on (following this tutorial, stupid change), as well as USB Debug and USB debug notifications (or something like that, using different language), but doing "adb devices" from the computer identifies the device as offline.

Tried to get status from terminal in tablet with "adb get-status" which does not recognise (sends to help); adb start-server seems to launch ok, but no difference in status, adb usb gives "device error".

Also doing adb get-serialno (which from my understanding should give the id of the device) returns unknown.

I don't have a /tmp directory, and a search (find / -name recovery.log) didn't find any such file. Sorry.
My system had a recovery.log, which i attach to this post (had to add the .txt extension to get over the board rules for attachments).

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    205.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
Re-did the process using gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip.

Hi.
I then flashed gapps-minimal-jb-20130115-signed.zip using CWM, and mounted /system again and it showed only 8.0K free.
I have 0 K left

Rebooted sucessfully (still shows 0 K for /system)

Still same problem with adb.

Attached recovery.log; weird thing though, cannot access /tmp from terminal within nightly, cannot find it, only through adb over recovery (can others confirm this as well?)

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 5

djden

Aug 7, 2011
Adb

For adb i think you have to update your sdk to 4.2.2 on pc to get it working online

My adb is also only working through recovery..

Last edited:
Reactions: pruano

djden

Aug 7, 2011
System memory

For gapps I used tiny gapps of 20130207 and deleted some tts language I had about 9 mb left after that with 02-21 rom
I just updated through cm update manager in settings and now I am on 02-24 rom nothing deleted still 9mb of system memory left

Conan179

Apr 28, 2010
i make ever this
Reboot to recovery,
- install system image from Pershoot
- from storage option mount system and data partitions. From adb shell do following:
- $ mkdir /data/sys-app
- $ cd /system/app
- $ mv * /data/sys-app
- Install gapps zip from recovery menu
- from storage option mount system and data partitions. From adb shell do following:
- $ cd /system/app
- $ mv * /data/sys-app
- $ cd ..
- $ rm -R app
- $ ln -s /data/sys-app /system/app
- $ reboo
copyd from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33008063&postcount=563
with the full gapps and haf NO problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll start by saing that all credits go to :good: pershoot :good: So be sure to thank him !!

INFO
    http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
    This is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) + CM10.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

CyanogenMod-10.1.jpg

!! DOWNLOAD / NIGHTLIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!
    http://get.cm/?device=p3

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    /!\ Before doing anything make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a rooted device!
    1. Backup your apps+data using Titanium Backup.
    2. Go to http://get.cm/?device=p3
    3. Download 'recovery.tar.md5' to your PC if you don't have it yet. It's Clockworkmod 6.0.1.0 (latest version). If it's not available on the above location, it's also attached to this post.
    4. Download 'cm-10.1.......zip' and put it in internal storage.
    5. Download the latest 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip' from http://goo.im/gapps and put it in internal storage. gapps-minimal-jb-20121212-signed.zip has been confirmed to work fine.
    6. a. Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
    6. b. You can also use fastboot (for some reason I prefer this method). Just extract the recovery.img from 'recovery.tar.md5' and then flash it using fastboot ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (permanent on device) and/or "fastboot boot recovery.img" (just boot it from pc))
    7. Once in recovery: clean cache & clean dalvik cache. (I did a full wipe to be sure I don't report bugs to pershoot which are linked to data problems).
    8. Flash the ROM.
    9. Flash gapps.
    10. Reboot
    11. Enjoy your ROM :fingers-crossed:
    12. Put back all your apps (using batch Titanium Backup) but don't restore system apps.
    13. You're done!

If you need to flash the P4 modem:
    1. Get ODIN 1.85
    2. Get the Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0" (google it)
    3. Install the driver for Tab
    4. Download the modem image from pershoot's p3 repository
    5. Boot into bootloader (press power and hold volume-up and volume-down at the same time, then select Downloading).
    6. Start ODIN (you should see the first block become yellow on the screen => means your device is connected)
    7. Select PDA and browse to the modem file
    8. Flash it
    9. You're done. Make sure you got the correct RIL by flashing the latest image.

Video made by SjPedro22
    WORKING
    • bluetooth
    • browser
    back camera (8MP)
    • gps
    • install/move apps on sd card
    • mobile data 3g/2g
    • rotation
    • sound (notifications, calls, ringtones, alarm, music)
    • superuser
    • MTP
    • video playback
    • vibration
    • wifi
    • youtube
    front camera

BUGS
    • none! If you find one, please post them in this thread!
    Latest recovery from droidbasement.
    Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.

fixed.

it should build successfully for the next nightly run.

Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have the links to this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

here you have mate, link to gapps ;)

http://goo.im/gapps

just it the thanks button ;)