5,595,815 Members 35,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I717 laggggg so bad

Tip us?

Halo13Ghost
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Re: [Q] I717 laggggg so bad

If you ever run out of options I wouldn't mind giving it a crack if you could trust to send it to me. I actually repair electronics for the Air Force.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

cbqfly
Old
Thanks Meter 8
did you factory reset after you flashed stock telus rom?

crixley
Old
Thanks Meter 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo13Ghost View Post
If you ever run out of options I wouldn't mind giving it a crack if you could trust to send it to me. I actually repair electronics for the Air Force.

6 posts..

seems legit

Halo13Ghost
Old
Thanks Meter 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley View Post
6 posts..

seems legit
Ouch

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

We all got to start somewhere. Just trying to be helpful. If I need to start credibility then I'll upload a video to my YouTube feed. I also do step by step repairs for Xbox and PlayStation.

chernerdd1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo13Ghost View Post
Ouch

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

We all got to start somewhere. Just trying to be helpful. If I need to start credibility then I'll upload a video to my YouTube feed. I also do step by step repairs for Xbox and PlayStation.

Repair Phone????? How much and where? Any free ideas guy to fix the phone. My new note 2 is awesome and LOVE the stock OS.

Halo13Ghost
Old
Thanks Meter 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernerdd1 View Post
Repair Phone????? How much and where? Any free ideas guy to fix the phone. My new note 2 is awesome and LOVE the stock OS.
Free. I just ask that you help get my rep up if you are cool with that. Pm me if you are interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halo13Ghost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chernerdd1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just installed via odin an unrooted system ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1518962 ). no success, same lag.

darkchyldx101
Old
Thanks Meter 702

They say CPU cores can burn out in PC's. Any way you can check to see if there both working on your device? CPU spy or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Halo13Ghost
Old
Thanks Meter 22

If you are really good at taking things apart and putting then back together you could try to reflow the solder on the main board. Sometimes the soft joints will get lose under heat. Same process I use to repair PS3 and Xbox. There are many YouTube videos to follow on the process.

fergusbongo
Old
Thanks Meter 0

I have this exact same issue. I unrooted with Odin back to stock AT&T i717 from Jedi4 ROM (where this issue of crazy lag first occurred after first flash of said ROM and used twrp to wipe and re-flash like 5 times with several different radios). After going back to stock ROM via Odin I then used the stock recovery to perform a factory reset and cache wipe and the lag will not disappear. Even worse it causes system restarts every couple of minutes.

However, between the crash restarts I was able to see that the baseband is the same modem I flashed when I was flashing several different ROMs (in hopes of getting a T-mobile signal on my AT&T i&17, to no avail.) Through the method of deduction, this must be the issue. Since I am back to the stock ROM, how can I change this? I have a backup saved in Kies that was before I ever first flashed the i717, my guess would be to try restoring the phone that way but if there is another way to change the baseband back to stock and therefore cure the issue without being rooted, I am all ears.