[Q] I717 laggggg so bad

OP chernerdd1

24th February 2013, 03:25 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 22

55 posts
Re: [Q] I717 laggggg so bad
If you ever run out of options I wouldn't mind giving it a crack if you could trust to send it to me. I actually repair electronics for the Air Force.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 05:21 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 8

55 posts
did you factory reset after you flashed stock telus rom?
24th February 2013, 09:32 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 1,042

2,055 posts
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo13Ghost

If you ever run out of options I wouldn't mind giving it a crack if you could trust to send it to me. I actually repair electronics for the Air Force.

6 posts..

seems legit
24th February 2013, 02:45 PM   |  #34  

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley

6 posts..

seems legit

Ouch

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

We all got to start somewhere. Just trying to be helpful. If I need to start credibility then I'll upload a video to my YouTube feed. I also do step by step repairs for Xbox and PlayStation.

28th February 2013, 12:45 AM   |  #35  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo13Ghost

Ouch

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

We all got to start somewhere. Just trying to be helpful. If I need to start credibility then I'll upload a video to my YouTube feed. I also do step by step repairs for Xbox and PlayStation.

Repair Phone????? How much and where? Any free ideas guy to fix the phone. My new note 2 is awesome and LOVE the stock OS.
1st March 2013, 12:52 PM   |  #36  

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernerdd1

Repair Phone????? How much and where? Any free ideas guy to fix the phone. My new note 2 is awesome and LOVE the stock OS.

Free. I just ask that you help get my rep up if you are cool with that. Pm me if you are interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halo13Ghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #37  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Just installed via odin an unrooted system ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1518962 ). no success, same lag.
9th March 2013, 02:44 AM   |  #38  
Flag City of Sin
Thanks Meter: 1,028

1,302 posts
More
They say CPU cores can burn out in PC's. Any way you can check to see if there both working on your device? CPU spy or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
22nd March 2013, 03:34 AM   |  #39  

55 posts
If you are really good at taking things apart and putting then back together you could try to reflow the solder on the main board. Sometimes the soft joints will get lose under heat. Same process I use to repair PS3 and Xbox. There are many YouTube videos to follow on the process.

27th April 2013, 09:13 AM   |  #40  

2 posts
I have this exact same issue. I unrooted with Odin back to stock AT&T i717 from Jedi4 ROM (where this issue of crazy lag first occurred after first flash of said ROM and used twrp to wipe and re-flash like 5 times with several different radios). After going back to stock ROM via Odin I then used the stock recovery to perform a factory reset and cache wipe and the lag will not disappear. Even worse it causes system restarts every couple of minutes.

However, between the crash restarts I was able to see that the baseband is the same modem I flashed when I was flashing several different ROMs (in hopes of getting a T-mobile signal on my AT&T i&17, to no avail.) Through the method of deduction, this must be the issue. Since I am back to the stock ROM, how can I change this? I have a backup saved in Kies that was before I ever first flashed the i717, my guess would be to try restoring the phone that way but if there is another way to change the baseband back to stock and therefore cure the issue without being rooted, I am all ears.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread