Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] Unlock bootloader, Root, Flash Custom ROM, Flash Kernel

Tip us?

demert858
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Please HELP!!!! I've been working on this HOURS......I'm not the most gifted computer person I must admit but I feel like I'm soooo close!

I got the Unlock Bootloader Thing Done....
Now the next Step is to "Perm Root" and push SuperSU.zip to your phone......
I pushed that button on the tool kit.....The Command Window Pops up but it doesn't do it......
I think I need to do this step before I flash the recovery....Correct?

I appreciate you helping me on this!

tyessen
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Default Re: [HOW TO] Unlock bootloader, Root, Flash Custom ROM, Flash Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demert858 View Post
Please HELP!!!! I've been working on this HOURS......I'm not the most gifted computer person I must admit but I feel like I'm soooo close!

I got the Unlock Bootloader Thing Done....
Now the next Step is to "Perm Root" and push SuperSU.zip to your phone......
I pushed that button on the tool kit.....The Command Window Pops up but it doesn't do it......
I think I need to do this step before I flash the recovery....Correct?

I appreciate you helping me on this!
Are you in the bootloader while trying to push the zip?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

HelgeHase
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Thai HOX+

Hello,
I bought a HTC One X+ in Thailand and it has the CID_044.
I would like to have my mobile phone in german language, so I decided to root it and use a european RUU.
You explained that it is very important not to flash a ATT with a International version, but is it possible to flash my Thai 1.17.707.1 with
this Version:

RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.1_Radio_3.1 204.168.32_release_299688_signed.exe
700.43 MB 391 2 2012-12-24 21:25:07
Description: RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.1_Radio_3.1 204.168.32_release_299688_signed.exe

which is in your download section?

I hope I don't ask for too much
Thanks in advance

old_benj
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelgeHase View Post
Hello,
I bought a HTC One X+ in Thailand and it has the CID_044.
I would like to have my mobile phone in german language, so I decided to root it and use a european RUU.
You explained that it is very important not to flash a ATT with a International version, but is it possible to flash my Thai 1.17.707.1 with
this Version:

RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.1_Radio_3.1 204.168.32_release_299688_signed.exe
700.43 MB 391 2 2012-12-24 21:25:07
Description: RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.1_Radio_3.1 204.168.32_release_299688_signed.exe

which is in your download section?

I hope I don't ask for too much
Thanks in advance
It should work for you. Yes.

HelgeHase
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Error 131 customer id error

No, it didn't work!
I get an Error 131 customer id error
Can anybody tell me if there is a way, that I can put a stock rom with german language on my thai HOX+ ?

st3rnwik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question software number

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000 View Post
Post 1: How to unlock your bootloader, flash a recovery and root
Post 2: How to flash a custom ROM and kernel (boot.img)
Post 3: How to reverse everything and go back to stock
Post 4: How to ADB Sideload a ROM

Alright. This is for everyone who wants to root their phone. I've seen MULTIPLE threads of the same question "Can I root my phone and How do I do it". So I hope I never have to see it again! In this tutorial, I use use my toolkit as the way to root. Doing it manually takes forever and that is why I made my toolkit.

Requirements:
HTC One X+ (charged to at least 70%)
Windows XP,Vista,7 (8 is not officially supported since I don't have the drivers)
USB cable
Ability to read and follow step-by-step
Understanding that I am no way guaranteeing anything. If you screw up your phone, you probably didn't follow my steps and made a foolish mistake.

Let's begin.

Download my toolkit from here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1994961

Extract the FOLDER to your C: drive or to your desktop.

MAKE SURE YOUR DIRECTORY DOES NOT HAVE A PERIOD OR SPACE.

Open One X.exe

So now you have my program open. Great.

On your phone, go to Settings -> Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging.

From my toolkit, Click 1. Install HTC Drivers.

After the drivers install, restart your computer.

After your computer loads up, open my toolkit and connect your phone to the computer. Your phone should now be recognized.

Now, click 2. Register at HTCDev. Register with a VALID email address and LEAVE the web browser open.

Now, under the commands section of my toolkit, press Boot into Bootloader.

You should have a nice, white, shiny screen that says FASTBOOT USB.

Click 3. Get Token ID. Look at the pop up and it will tell you how to get the Token ID.

Highlight where it says < < < < Identifier Token Start > > > > all the way to < < < < < Identifier Token End > > > > > and right click and it will automatically copy it.

Now, click Submit Token ID. Your web browser should now open a new tab. Scroll down and in the empty box, paste your Token ID. Press submit. HTCDev now emailed you your unlock token.

Your phone should still be in the bootloader. Now, go to the email address you registered to HTCDev and DOWNLOAD your unlock_code.bin. Press 5. Unlock Bootloader. Locate your unlock_code.bin and it will flash it to your phone.

READ the warning. THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA FROM THE PHONE.

When you agree to it, press the volume up button and press the power button to accept it. Your phone will now restart.

When your phone loads up, go through the set up wizard. Then, on your phone, go to Settings -> Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging.

Under the Extras section, press Perm Root. It will push SuperSU.zip to your phone.

Under commands, press Boot into Bootloader once again.

Now, it is time to flash a recovery. The custom recovery is for 2 different devices

TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a custom recovery that will allow you to flash custom ROMs, Mods, etc.

If your phone is from AT&T or Telus, then flash the one that says TWRP ATT/Telus.

If your phone is NOT from AT&T or Telus, then flash the one that says TWRP International.

After it flashes, remove the USB cable and have HBOOT selected in bootloader. Press the power button and it will reload to another screen. Press the Volume Down button until you get to Recovery. Press the power button to select it.

Go to Backup and back up your boot and system partition. Always have a back up before you flash or do anything.

After that, go to Install and locate SuperSU.zip. Click it and slide the screen on the bottom to flash it. After it flashes, reboot the phone.

In your app drawer (your menu with all the apps), open SuperSU. If it says the binary needs to be updated, then update it. If it doesn't, then you are fully rooted!

Does this work for software number 1.17.401.1 ?
Ps.: GREAT tut. thanks
iSZDroid0x000 Old
(Last edited by iSZDroid0x000; 27th February 2013 at 10:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelgeHase View Post
is it possible to flash my Thai 1.17.707.1 with
this Version:
RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.1_Radio_3.1204.168.32_release_299688_signed.exe
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_benj View Post
It should work for you. Yes.
No, it won't work.
You can't flash the european version on an asian phone.
You need "RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.17.707.1_Radio_3.1204.168.32_release_299722_signed.exe"
The three numbers must match.
But you can set up every language and every keyboard you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

macrellim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root not working

I unlocked bootloader but when i went to run perm root the cmd pops up but nothing happens....

old_benj
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: [HOW TO] Unlock bootloader, Root, Flash Custom ROM, Flash Kernel

Is it all about CID?

Sent from my Novo7Fire using Tapatalk HD

mrbro0ks
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Default Mac

Can this method be used on a Mac OSX 10.8.2?