Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

-[ROM]- Dandroid 5.4 [4.3 TW] [CyanogenWiz] 12/24/2013 Stable release

Tip us?

Ghstudent
Old
Thanks Meter 376

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by z34370z View Post
I admit I was a little harsh and should of said it a little differently. Its more than just "some" phones. I've had a couple of s3's and both have issues with the kernel. If you look at his thread there are pages of people with random reboots. I'm not saying I don't appreciate his work but it would be nice if we can figure out what tweak is making it unstable ya know.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
The only time I experience random reboots is when I'm using YouTube, would you like to pin that on ktoonsez as well?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

z34370z
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Default Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent View Post
The only time I experience random reboots is when I'm using YouTube, would you like to pin that on ktoonsez as well?

I did admit I was a bit harsh but if your gonna be like that then try switching to stock kernel if it fixes your reboots then yes it is what it is now isn't it..

Ghstudent
Old
Thanks Meter 376

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by z34370z View Post
I did admit I was a bit harsh but if your gonna be like that then try switching to stock kernel if it fixes your reboots then yes it is what it is now isn't it..

You were being way more than a bit harsh, that was a full out "get your **** together or go away" and I have fixed my rebooting problem by clearing YouTube data, I did dirty flash after all

Danvdh
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 10911

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent View Post
You were being way more than a bit harsh, that was a full out "get your **** together or go away" and I have fixed my rebooting problem by clearing YouTube data, I did dirty flash after all

everything works 100% for me as well anyone having reboots or force closes. the issue is with YOUR phone. if Idyar and I are 100% working, then it's stable and your doing something wrong OR you phone is rejecting the kernel, no big deal. flash faux or the stock one right? also let's drop the KT thing, it was probably posted out of frustration and has nothing to do with the development of this ROM
If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated

Need help? Follow me on twitter and I will answer any ROM or Android questions.

z34370z
Old
(Last edited by z34370z; 24th February 2013 at 02:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh View Post
everything works 100% for me as well anyone having reboots or force closes. the issue is with YOUR phone. if Idyar and I are 100% working, then it's stable and your doing something wrong OR you phone is rejecting the kernel, no big deal. flash faux or the stock one right? also let's drop the KT thing, it was probably posted out of frustration and has nothing to do with the development of this ROM
Agreed sir. Agreed. Stock is running perfect for me right now on dandroid 2.6. Your work is appreciated.

jridda10121
Old
Thanks Meter 17

I'm making the leap back for this Rom tried it it's fast er imo then cm maybe. Anyway I am having problem with getting the aosp mms to work I flash but shows up nowhere. If I make this my option I get stock messaging or aosp both or one or other sorry if this had been addressed but still in shock how smooth and you got this to look just like stock

Don't blame me if there typos this phone has a mind of its running cyanogenmod leaping back but I think it's worth it for features I've missed.

fillyo
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Does wifi tether work on this rom or do you need to flash some type of mod? I installed this ROM last night on my buddies new ATT GS3, and everything worked but tethering. Also, does AT&T really block video chat on LTE using google talk? He got a message stating you must be in wifi. That's pretty sucky.
Verizon Galaxy S5 - Rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 CyanogenMod 11 - Kit Kat
Nexus 10 - ThunderKat
Verizon Galaxy Tab 7.7 - OmniRom 4.4.2
RIP: GS4, GS3, Nexus, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Storm 2, Storm, Curve

jridda10121
Old
Thanks Meter 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyo View Post
Does wifi tether work on this rom or do you need to flash some type of mod? I installed this ROM last night on my buddies new ATT GS3, and everything worked but tethering. Also, does AT&T really block video chat on LTE using google talk? He got a message stating you must be in wifi. That's pretty sucky.
Wi-Fi tether would be through the kernel check out ktoonz thread see if it's working there in. It's working for me on cm try it without password.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jridda10121 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajayghotra
Old
Thanks Meter 7

So should i just flash another kernel to fix the force closes? Is instigatorx's kernel good and help battey life?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Anyone have the link for version 2.5?

ReidStylez
Old
(Last edited by ReidStylez; 24th February 2013 at 08:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh View Post
It works for me perfectly...
Hmm. Even from an iphone use?

Now when you click on the photo it force closes.

Weird, now she can't view any videos that she had saved on her phone. This is on Dandroid 2.6 with the kernel that came with it.

Think it could be a kernel issue?