5,604,730 Members 32,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][7/15]Team Venom Viper4G 3.1.7 | 3.16.651.3 | Venom Tweaks

Tip us?

Killer-B
Old
Thanks Meter 781

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][2/23]Team Venom: Viper4G 3.1.1 | 3.16.651.3 | Venom Tweaks, HUB, OTA, and m

When I get a notification, the date on the top only shows months not date Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361691506167.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1756261

Sent from my kick ass EVO using Tapatalk 2

-viperboy-
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 12806

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][2/23]Team Venom: Viper4G 3.1.1 | 3.16.651.3 | Venom Tweaks, HUB, OTA, and m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-B View Post
When I get a notification, the date on the top only shows months not date Attachment 1756261

Are you using a different font? Do you have the font set to large?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EarlyMon
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Default Re: [ROM][2/16]Team Venom: Viper4G 3.1.0 | 3.16.651.3 | Venom Tweaks, HUB, OTA, and m

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphgirl View Post
I did and it does nothing. that bar shows that I'm online, but it's grayed out. I reflashed the ROM and it showed up and was running and as soon as I restarted the phone it disappeared again.
I get that once in a while. Tap menu, then back, seems to wake it up. Then tap again to get -

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361693460294.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1756309
Bang!

Best new gun forum Ballistically Speaking

fachadick
Old
Thanks Meter 655

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
When I get a notification, the date on the top only shows months not date Attachment 1756261

It's because the at the moment you snapped that pic, the time needed 4 digits. I've found that there's just not enough room for the clear button, the time, and the date. When the time is 3 digits, and you have the clear button, then you get the date, but not the year. With no clear button, you get the full date with year. This has been my experience with the stock font anyway.
Always wanted a DropBox account? Sign up here.
"Surrealism is the best kind of ism" - Potato Cumberbund.
"What if we die and it turns out God is a big chicken?? What then?!" - Calvin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fachadick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Killer-B
Old
(Last edited by Killer-B; 24th February 2013 at 09:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 781

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by -viperboy- View Post
Are you using a different font? Do you have the font set to large?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
stock font, stock size

Quote:
Originally Posted by fachadick View Post
It's because the at the moment you snapped that pic, the time needed 4 digits. I've found that there's just not enough room for the clear button, the time, and the date. When the time is 3 digits, and you have the clear button, then you get the date, but not the year. With no clear button, you get the full date with year. This has been my experience with the stock font anyway.
+1

also, 1 request. I know there's a tweak for pressing header to run custom app, that works for the whole header. will there be a custom button tweak for the time header and the date header separately?

edit: it is no longer a problem, i removed the am/pm in tweaks so everything fits perfect. just wanted to point it out. ty

euphgirl
Old
Thanks Meter 36

Quote:

How did u get your quick launch icons to go left to right?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G LTE running Viper 4G 3.1.1
hTc Evo 4G LTE
S-Off
Viper 4G

Killer-B
Old
Thanks Meter 781

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphgirl View Post
How did u get your quick launch icons to go left to right?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G LTE running Viper 4G 3.1.1
lol idk what you mean but you can reorder them in tweaks or by long pressing the setting button in notification
The Following User Says Thank You to Killer-B For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tukijembz
Old
Thanks Meter 61

If i'm come from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1 what must i do?
Just fully wipe? Because I do not download the previous version.
Thanks
BACK TO HTC EVO 4G LTE!
ROM: SENSE 5 4.2.2
Rooted SuperSU
Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.1

Connection by I Hate Slow Smartfren
Depok, West Java, Indonesia

Retired:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Sprint L700 32GB

HTC ONE X 32GB

HTC Rezound

HTC EVO 3D CDMA BLACK

xbmoyx
Old
Thanks Meter 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukijembz View Post
If i'm come from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1 what must i do?
Just fully wipe? Because I do not download the previous version.
Thanks
Yep new base. Full wipe is required.

Sent from my Blazing fast LTEvo!

Zanzibar
Old
Thanks Meter 468

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanzDroid View Post
Great job on the update, and thanks for re-doing Fapple, I really appreciate the time and effort. I was really missing it in 3.1.0.

I was hoping not to report this, but for me as well, after a reboot, Internet, Mail, Maps, View Video, and Youtube all get their defaults set again, even after clearing them. It seems this may have happened to me on the 3.0.1 Fapple, as well, and I was only able to get it working was by doing a full data wipe, and restoring apps via Titanium Backup afterwards. I was hoping to not have to do that this time.

I am coming from a full wipe 3.1.0 running for 6 days now (last Sunday), and took the OTA about an hour ago, then shortly thereafter installed Fapple for 3.1.1. Is there any chance I've missed something? I've tried to individually clear the defaults for each app, as well as choosing "Reset app preferences" by hitting menu from the Manage apps screen? I've done both, and rebooted, and each time the apps I mentioned above have restored their defaults. I no longer have "App associations", so I don't remember if there were any other default apps I even needed to check, but I think that covers them.

Also, as an aside, in the tweaks, under "Sense", then "Customize menu", I noticed wallpapers is spelled as "Wallpappers". No big deal, I'm just a perfectionist for spelling, and notice small things like that.

Again, great ROM guys, and I hope everyone goes Pro, you all deserve it!

- Zanz
I determined where the problem was in the latest Fapple. I was so close to doing a full wipe, and re-install, then decided to investigate just a little further. Luckily I was too tired to re-install tonight, and was going to put it off until sometime tomorrow.

I'm sure it was a simple oversight when the ROM was being released. I compared the Fapple install for this release to the one from 3.0.1, and realized the following differences in the updater-script:

Fapple for 3.0.1
delete("/system/app/HtcLinkifyDispatcher+prime.apk")

Fapple for 3.1.1
delete("/system/app/HtcLinkifyDispatcher.apk")

I manually removed /system/app/HtcLinkifyDispatcher+prime.apk using adb, then cleared defaults and rebooted. Voila! All defaults remained clear, and Fapple was once again working as designed. Thanks again, Vinchenzop!

Again, thanks to the Viper team for making my favorite ROM ever!

- Zanz

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zanzibar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]