Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile/AT&T/GSM on Razr M

Tip us?

aslomagic
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Default Re: [Q] T-Mobile/AT&T/GSM on Razr M

Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Been following this thread for a while. Nice job getting it working. Seriously thinking about picking up a razr m now. Can anyone successfully using razr m on tmobile tell me whether they can use tmobile's call over wifi service? I'm guessing not.
I never tried, to be honest, I didn't even know about this feature, but I could definitely use it! My guess is that it requires some special software from T-Mobile, which of course is not available in the Verizon firmware. Do you know which software it is, and if maybe is it available on Google play? I'll try it if so.

Sent from my XT907
MOTO X GSM XT1053 Developer Edition
Nokia N9 Meego! The best mobile OS with absolutely ZERO apps and support
Motorola RAZR M XT907 Unlocked for T-Mobile Cracked LCD anybody has a old razr m with good LCD to sell?

cheezzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 37
anyone here in Australia or anywhere outside the US using the XT905?

I'm in Australia trying to get the LTE to work and it's driving me NUTS. Downloading the NON-HLOS with aussie radio in OP hoping for the best..

Thanks guys, really appreciate it

pjcons
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Default Re: [Q] T-Mobile/AT&T/GSM on Razr M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezzzz View Post
anyone here in Australia or anywhere outside the US using the XT905?

I'm in Australia trying to get the LTE to work and it's driving me NUTS. Downloading the NON-HLOS with aussie radio in OP hoping for the best..

Thanks guys, really appreciate it
Haha! If u got it in Australia then lte / 4G will work on Telstra's and optus network. Don't forget the networks (4G) r in their infancy and have very small coverage areas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

lewstherin
Old
(Last edited by lewstherin; 24th February 2013 at 02:06 PM.) Reason: additional info
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy No luck trying to use this in my country (India)

By default, the phone (XT907 - A gift) was not able to connect to any of the GSM networks here - I tried with multiple sim cards across different networks. I went through this entire thread and tried the NV edit (01 to 00) and it did not work. The phone is still unable to connect to any of the networks. I have set it back to 00. I hope this has the same effect as flashing it back to stock.

I am very new to all this (though I have a good bit of experience developing stuff) and have spent a bit of time going through the various threads here. So as I see it, these are my options:

1. NV edit - Does not work.
2. Flashing Aussie NonHOLOS.BIN - Seems like it is worth a try but I don't know how to do this. Can someone tell me how to do this?
3. CellZealot's RadioComm Method - Waiting for instructions on this.
4. Flashing CM10
5. Flashing Stock Android 4.1.2

4 & 5 are not something I am really eager to dolist, mainly because I like some of the improvements on stock that have been done by Moto (the quick settings screen, the camera app etc.) - but a working phone is obviously better. Also, I have a locked bootloader - so I am not sure if that will impact my ability to flash new ROMs.

So does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

**Edit: Found the instructions for aussie radio in the beginning of this thread. Will try that after seeing what cellzealot has to say later tonight.

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 848
Sorry, been extremely busy at work but I will post it tonight. I have all the screenshots done, I just need to do the actual writeup.
If the original method did not work then the RadioComm method won't either, though.
Have to head into work right now but I have a few ideas about this that may shed some light.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond.

lewstherin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot View Post
Sorry, been extremely busy at work but I will post it tonight. I have all the screenshots done, I just need to do the actual writeup.
If the original method did not work then the RadioComm method won't either, though.
Have to head into work right now but I have a few ideas about this that may shed some light.
I found the instructions for flashing the aussie radio, but the dropbox link is down (getting a 404). I think I have a copy downloaded on my windows comp, but I am not sure. Kindda bummed that the RadioComm method won't work. Anyway, I will wait until your post is out.

Thanks a ton.

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 848
Finally got the time to write up the RadioComm method.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2166542

I will post here in the morning regarding the modem options and my understanding of the issue with Indian GSM carriers.

I can reupload the Telstra AU modem and the other options are all of the RAZR HD and Atrix HD modems are also compatible with the M and can be found in the XML.zips for those models and safely flashed in fastboot.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lewstherin
Old
(Last edited by lewstherin; 27th February 2013 at 08:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default It looks like the Aussie Radio isn't going to work

Sorry was tied up at work and couldn't respond until now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot View Post
Finally got the time to write up the RadioComm method.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2166542

I will post here in the morning regarding the modem options and my understanding of the issue with Indian GSM carriers.
Thanks for the very detailed post on the RadioComm method. I can now see why it wouldn't work for me.
Quote:
I can reupload the Telstra AU modem and the other options are all of the RAZR HD and Atrix HD modems are also compatible with the M and can be found in the XML.zips for those models and safely flashed in fastboot.
According to abs0lut3z33r0, the aussie radio method doesn't work either. If you recommend it, I will give it a go nevertheless. I doubt the other modems will work, because they must also be locked to Verizon.

Beginning to lose hope that anything besides a new ROM is going work Here's to hoping you have a silver bullet tucked in there somewhere

solidus636
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehlike View Post
Getting really good speed!

i'm getting 7 down 5 up! hsdpa TMO! -- actually an MVNO named SOLAVEI if you've heard of it.

pjcons
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Default Aussie firmwares now available for JB

Check the thread - Aussie firmwares now available for JB...this may or may not help:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2169220