Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

OP eschelon

24th February 2013, 11:10 AM   |  #17871  
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1

Sounds like bad flash to me. I wipe everything including dalvic, cache, system and Factory/data. I restore apps only with no data on these builds. Some have gotten away with dirty flash but most have problems so I don't recommend it.

Our wallpaper will be released when theme is released. It is our signature and original. Wallpapers can be added to the app but it takes photo editing and at least XML skills. May even take smali skills. Haven't dug that far into it yet. That is one of our next projects.

I did a clean flash. I was running stock 4.1.1 rooted and totally wiped everything to barebones and flashed to Synergy from there. So there was no changes made prior to flashing.

I am familiar with XML but never heard of smali. It's unfortunate because changing the lockscreen wallpaper from the Samsung wallpaper app actually works. So if I could get one in there it would fix it.

But I think it's just the porting of the gallery apps in this ROM that might be hit or miss. When the prompt appears for which app I want to use they both are showing their package names rather than "Gallery". They show up as Gallery in the app drawer, it's only in the default program prompt that they don't.
24th February 2013, 11:17 AM   |  #17872  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 4,899

8,281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushdishmeen

I did a clean flash. I was running stock 4.1.1 rooted and totally wiped everything to barebones and flashed to Synergy from there. So there was no changes made prior to flashing.

I am familiar with XML but never heard of smali. It's unfortunate because changing the lockscreen wallpaper from the Samsung wallpaper app actually works. So if I could get one in there it would fix it.

But I think it's just the porting of the gallery apps in this ROM that might be hit or miss. When the prompt appears for which app I want to use they both are showing their package names rather than "Gallery". They show up as Gallery in the app drawer, it's only in the default program prompt that they don't.

Yea. Mine shows gallery or Wallpaper apps so something wrong with the flash. When I pick gallery next popup asks which gallery. Both work but Note 2 gallery works better as far as it is already sized. Your flash is bad.
24th February 2013, 11:26 AM   |  #17873  

48 posts
Quote:

Yea. Mine shows gallery or Wallpaper apps so something wrong with the flash. When I pick gallery next popup asks which gallery. Both work but Note 2 gallery works better as far as it is already sized. Your flash is bad.

What carrier is your Galaxy S3? Which model? Are you running the latest Synergy? I really don't think it's a bad flash and could just be that it's hit or miss depending on the model.

I found another thread where someone had the same issue with not being able to fix the wallpaper. Another guy said that he had the issue and it just went away on it's own somehow.

I think that it working on your phone doesn't really mean it's definitely a bad flash on my end. These ROMs tend to have a lot of bugs with different configurations so I'm sure that's why nightly builds are done.

I just wanted to ask in case these problems were already solved so I didn't have to read through 1700 pages to find the answer. I'll see if I can figure out how to fix it. Thanks
24th February 2013, 11:39 AM   |  #17874  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas

8,281 posts
More
Quote:

What carrier is your Galaxy S3? Which model? Are you running the latest Synergy? I really don't think it's a bad flash and could just be that it's hit or miss depending on the model.

I found another thread where someone had the same issue with not being able to fix the wallpaper. Another guy said that he had the issue and it just went away on it's own somehow.

I think that it working on your phone doesn't really mean it's definitely a bad flash on my end. These ROMs tend to have a lot of bugs with different configurations so I'm sure that's why nightly builds are done.

I just wanted to ask in case these problems were already solved so I didn't have to read through 1700 pages to find the answer. I'll see if I can figure out how to fix it. Thanks

I don't know. I reflash mine between 20 and 50 times a day. I am on I535 Verizon 32 gb. On Synergy 326 and My theme. Running Ziggy kernel @172/384 with no voltage changes and no reboots or kernel related problems.
Last edited by prdog1; 24th February 2013 at 11:42 AM.
24th February 2013, 12:20 PM   |  #17875  

48 posts
Quote:

I don't know. I reflash mine between 20 and 50 times a day. I am on I535 Verizon 32 gb. On Synergy 326 and My theme. Running Ziggy kernel @172/384 with no voltage changes and no reboots or kernel related problems.

You restore your apps that many times a day too? When do you ever time to actually use the phone? lol

I was totally fine with the stock samsung touchwiz on jellybean since I got the device on release day up until now. Just wanted to try the multi-window feature. Doesn't seem to work as well with the GS3 screen size. I have a feeling the GS3 will never actually get it since it's meant for the Note 2's giant screen.
24th February 2013, 12:32 PM   |  #17876  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas

8,281 posts
More
Quote:

You restore your apps that many times a day too? When do you ever time to actually use the phone? lol

I was totally fine with the stock samsung touchwiz on jellybean since I got the device on release day up until now. Just wanted to try the multi-window feature. Doesn't seem to work as well with the GS3 screen size. I have a feeling the GS3 will never actually get it since it's meant for the Note 2's giant screen.

I restore apps as needed. I got mine on pre-release also and the device came with ICS and not JellyBean. I was rooted and unlocked on day each was available. Multi Window was released to the International Version of S3 in December so it is known to work with the device. We will not see it at least till release of S4. Have to remember we live in a capitalistic country. 4.2.1 was just leaked to International so we may jump over Premium Suite or never recieve 4.2. That is why we do what we do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prdog1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 01:06 PM   |  #17877  
Flag Wilkes-Berre
Thanks Meter: 11

223 posts
More
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:

Sounds like bad flash to me. I wipe everything including dalvic, cache, system and Factory/data. I restore apps only with no data on these builds. Some have gotten away with dirty flash but most have problems so I don't recommend it.

Our wallpaper will be released when theme is released. It is our signature and original. Wallpapers can be added to the app but it takes photo editing and at least XML skills. May even take smali skills. Haven't dug that far into it yet. That is one of our next projects.

I kept my app.and data, only had one random reboot, changed the voltage and seem to be doing good

Edsit: everything else works great for me
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE
24th February 2013, 01:12 PM   |  #17878  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas

8,281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotron

I kept my app.and data, only had one random reboot, changed the voltage and seem to be doing good

Edsit: everything else works great for me

You were lucky. You are also an Android noob and may not can tell what is broke yet. Broke Android still better than an IPhone.
24th February 2013, 01:16 PM   |  #17879  
Flag Wilkes-Berre
Thanks Meter: 11

223 posts
More
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:

You were lucky. You are also an Android noob and may not can tell what is broke yet. Broke Android still better than an IPhone.

Haha jusy saying

24th February 2013, 01:24 PM   |  #17880  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas

8,281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotron

Haha jusy saying