Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 41,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] V - Bootloops with modded framework-res.apk usual fixes not helping

Tip us?

shockwaverider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Re: [Q] V - Bootloops with modded framework-res.apk usual fixes not helping

Cool that there's recovery, but that's a huge bummer that framework-res still won't flash. Like I said, I've been too busy lately to do much about it, I was working on it with ticklefish in his thread but we didn't really get anywhere.

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to shockwaverider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NuriJ
Old
(Last edited by NuriJ; 25th February 2013 at 01:01 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1071
--deleted--

shockwaverider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Re: [Q] V - Bootloops with modded framework-res.apk usual fixes not helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuriJ View Post
..and i dont think there will be a modded shutdown menu for jb. Sony seems to have removed the reboot "activity" in framework.jar.

Just a stupid question... How does adb trigger a reboot? If we can still use the reboot command in terminal emulator, would some kind of workaround be possible using whatever activity that command uses? Sorry if this is a completely ridiculous suggestion, I admit I have no idea what I'm talking about, but this is the only thing that comes to mind for me.

shockwaverider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
So I've finally posted something about this in the apktool thread. I'm assuming that nobody's yet had any success with this?

NuriJ
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaverider View Post

Just a stupid question... How does adb trigger a reboot? If we can still use the reboot command in terminal emulator, would some kind of workaround be possible using whatever activity that command uses? Sorry if this is a completely ridiculous suggestion, I admit I have no idea what I'm talking about, but this is the only thing that comes to mind for me.

That would be possible but.. I think its a "crude" way to do it :/ because intsead you could just add a script shortcut to your homescreen and press it everytime you want to reboot

shockwaverider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40

Quote:
That would be possible but.. I think its a "crude" way to do it :/ because intsead you could just add a script shortcut to your homescreen and press it everytime you want to reboot
Yeah, I figured it would be a pretty dirty workaround to do something like that, but then my knowledge is pretty limited, so I threw it out there. Oh well.

NuriJ
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1071
Quote:
--deleted--
The shutdown files were moved to services.jar in the jb update :banghead:

I will update it asap Still, too bad we cant edit main framework yet..
The Following User Says Thank You to NuriJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shockwaverider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40

Quote:
The shutdown files were moved to services.jar in the jb update :banghead:

I will update it asap Still, too bad we cant edit main framework yet..
Man, you're making it hard to stay on ICS! I'll probably jump over to JB now that you've got this and the lidroid mod worked out.

Still hoping that someone cracks the code on this framework problem. I don't know enough to even make an educated guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to shockwaverider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shockwaverider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Attached is the logcat I get when pushing framework-res. If someone who knows more than me wants to take a look at it, great.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat_edited.txt - [Click for QR Code] (32.0 KB, 15 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shockwaverider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NuriJ
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1071
-deleted-- sry

Tags
bootloop, framework-res.apk, theming