Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][26/04][N7100 N7105 N7108 R950] Perseus

Tip us?

Slimer777
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
Regarding the screen tweaks, can anyone provide some input on how I can make the whites a little 'cooler' or more 'whiter'
Also whats a relatively safe GPU OC speed ?
For now just turn down the green and add more blue and red. Off the top my head, green to -20, add 1x blue and red.

EarlZ
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimer777 View Post
For now just turn down the green and add more blue and red. Off the top my head, green to -20, add 1x blue and red.
Controls are not in RGB, have you seen the Screen section for the Steaks on this kernel ?

EarlZ
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Frequency for Responsiveness
Just to clarify this, if I set it say at 500-600Mhz (default 400Mhz) does this mean that the CPU can scale more aggressively?

R1K05@N
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Controls are not in RGB, have you seen the Screen section for the Steaks on this kernel ?
With the gains, you can almost mimic and RGB control (just gotta play with it). I posted this article on the AT&T Note II thread (Perseus) because a person wanted their screen to look closer to the iPhone 5:
http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-575...pple-iphone-5/

The charts on the bottom can help determine where the Note II stands @ default, Dynamic, Natural, and Movie modes @ full brightness. From there, tweak away. Using the Green-Cyan Chroma Gain is like adjusting your G and the curve will go more cyan or less (again, need to play with it). The greens are definitely high in our device so turning the Green-Cyan Chroma Gain will certainly help with increasing your coolness (cool = more Blue-Magenta Gain with a higher Curve... your color will pop on Standard nicely but be weary of oversaturation of purples).

Just messing with my settings: 'Standard' Screen mode; Everything default except for Green-Cyan Gain & Curve @ -7, Blue-Magenta Gain @ +26 and Curve -6 (dropped my curve because I don't care much for intense purple). The whites are definitely cooler with this setting. Do the opposite if you want a warmer color.
Back to Stock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R1K05@N For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EarlZ
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1K05@N View Post
With the gains, you can almost mimic and RGB control (just gotta play with it). I posted this article on the AT&T Note II thread (Perseus) because a person wanted their screen to look closer to the iPhone 5:

The charts on the bottom can help determine where the Note II stands @ default, Dynamic, Natural, and Movie modes @ full brightness. From there, tweak away. Using the Green-Cyan Chroma Gain is like adjusting your G and the curve will go more cyan or less (again, need to play with it). The greens are definitely high in our device so turning the Green-Cyan Chroma Gain will certainly help with increasing your coolness (cool = more Blue-Magenta Gain with a higher Curve... your color will pop on Standard nicely but be weary of oversaturation of purples).

Just messing with my settings: 'Standard' Screen mode; Everything default except for Green-Cyan Gain & Curve @ -7, Blue-Magenta Gain @ +26 and Curve -6 (dropped my curve because I don't care much for intense purple). The whites are definitely cooler with this setting. Do the opposite if you want a warmer color.
I tried it, no change in whites.. Im still on the warm whites.. or what my friend says thats a "D6500" white.
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R1K05@N
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
I tried it, no change in whites.. Im still on the warm whites.. or what my friend says thats a "D6500" white.
What are you using as a reference? My phone is definitely higher than 6500K and with your phone on Screen Mode 'Standard' alone, it would definitely be cooler than D6500 (Dynamic and Standard practically have the same color temperature roughly 7000K-7500K).
Back to Stock

AndreiLux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13,674

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1K05@N View Post

There's no point in discussing this now as sometime soon you'll get the new controls and a spectrophotometer calibrated master profile.

The chroma gains also definitely don't affect whites. You'll have a separate temperature control directly controlling colour temperature in 100K steps.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to AndreiLux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bholwell
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiLux View Post
There's no point in discussing this now as sometime soon you'll get the new controls and a spectrophotometer calibrated master profile.

The chroma gains also definitely don't affect whites. You'll have a separate temperature control directly controlling colour temperature in 100K steps.
AndreiLux, with your Kernel going the way it is, will there anything we wont be able to tweak!!
Cant wait for your next realise, great work, thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bholwell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Conan179
Old
Thanks Meter 21
i wish rieght support for/with batterymonitor widget from 3c!

AleRock94
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Hi AndreiLux! Firstly, thank you for your great work: this is the only kernel I use! I just have a request and would like to know if it's possible for you to realize it.

I noticed that the Note 2 doesn't have dithering enabled, so the screen quality isn't at its best. I clearly remember the one I had on my S2 with CM10 + dithering, and really miss it... The Note 2 has higher resolution and better screen quality, but it's not enough: banding is one of the worst defect I always see when using it. I've never used CM10 with it, but I know that dithering would make the screen perfect.
I know you said that it doesn't work on mDNIe, but I read that you're working on an alternative screen control which will replace it. My question is: will you be able to add dithering? It's one of the most important features I miss on my Note 2.

Thank you in advance!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe