Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 44,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [Huawei Ascend G300] Unlock bootloader and gain root access.

Tip us?

Velgdran
Old
(Last edited by Velgdran; 24th February 2013 at 10:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have a G300 with ICS Vodafone 4.0.3 B952, but cannot make it happen. Followed the guide step by step, even downloaded the HuaweiWinHandSet, still no joy, I'm using Win7.

What I did is:

Turn on USB debugging,
Connect phone to PC
Run Root.exe
...at the end it says "Root Failure, Check Drivers"

I tried to do this in bootloader mod, holding volume down and powering up, then it says cannot find device.
I read the cmd while it was running, was things like "more than one device or emulator"

If I connect it (just plug it in) I have in MyComputer a 3G Mobile, and 2 empty hard disks. if I select connection type multimedia device, instead of the previous three I have Huawei8815 or something, either way doesn't work.

I found another guide where you have to download the drivers and an .exe called RootG300, but cannot download, says "Network Error"

Any help would be appreciated, maybe I overlooked something, but I've been trying to root my phone now for a half day, and really wish to make it done.

Thank you

Regards,
Velgdran

Velgdran
Old
(Last edited by Velgdran; 24th February 2013 at 05:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Just a quick update, when cmd is running the last 3 phrases say: " Unable to chmod system/data/xbin/su - No such file or directory" if it helps

Velgdran
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorted out, on the other PC with Vista on it ran as admin, didn't work though on win7 64

Fygaroo
Old
(Last edited by Fygaroo; 11th March 2013 at 08:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
heya guys i am planing to install ICS rom on my huawei g300 i found a guide but i have a question , my phone was locked on Vip carrier and i unlocked it via IMEI codes will it lock when i flash the ICS ?

wbrambley
Old
(Last edited by wbrambley; 13th March 2013 at 03:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Default Re: [GUIDE] Huawei Ascend G300 Rooting & Bootloader for Stock ICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fygaroo View Post
heya guys i am planing to install ICS rom on my huawei g300 i found a guide but i have a question , my phone was locked on Vip carrier and i unlocked it via IMEI codes will it lock when i flash the ICS ?
There are some reports of the cm10.1 ROM unlocking network Sim locked phones. Look it up on modaco g300 forum.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/360515-[JB]-[4.2.2]-CyanogenMod-10.1-[ROM]-[Last-updated:-16/02]

[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [Last updated: 16/02]

Sent from my Ascend G300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to wbrambley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Djuganight
Old
Thanks Meter 174
does this device record HD vídeos like U8800?

TheArc
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,737
Default Re: [GUIDE] Huawei Ascend G300 Rooting & Bootloader for Stock ICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuganight View Post
does this device record HD vídeos like U8800?
Since the ICS update the device no longer supports 720p recording
iOS7 Kik Messenger | Svelte UI CM11 Theme | Active Launcher

mamoid
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Exclamation I accendatily deleted my contacts both from sim and from gmail...help....!!!

Hi everyone,

last night i was initializing a huawei ascend g300 by inserting a sim card which has 175 contacts in its list.....i went ahead an synchronised first the phone with the gmail account throught wifi but had diabled auto-sync and back ground applications too....then went ahead and copied all those contacts to the gmail account by manage contacts>copy contacts>sim to gmail account and after that there were two contacts each name appearing hence thought i would delete and copy it once again from sim card hence i deleted all the contacts.

After deleting the contacts it came to my attention that i had accidentally deleted sim contacts along with the contacts which i had copied to gmail.All i needed to do is go into view setting and uncheck the sim and the phone such that only the gmail contact would be displayed.

I already tried the restoring of contacts from gmail account as the auto sync was disabled hence no contact was synchronised on the gmail servers

The phone itself is new hence i dint took the back up so that option aswell seems to be out of context now......

I am having the sim card data recovery software but do not have a sim card reader currently in search of it..will keep you posted furthur.

Isnt there anyway of using the phone as a sim card reader...or the sim slot at the back of lappy....as the sim card reader..?

I want to restore those contacts is there any way around it.....?

Any suggestion...advice would be immensly appreciated coz im in deep trouble...

"Its a mark of only an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

My Article for New Bie's : http://<b><u>http://forum.xda-develo...836662</u></b>

Phones Used :
Nokia 8210 | Nokia 3510i | Siemens SL45 | Nokia 3640 | Nokia 2600 | Nokia 6600 x 2 | Nokia 6270 | Nokia 1100 | LG KG276 | Nokia 6030 | O2 XDA Stealth | Nokia 5000d-2 | Nokia E90 | Acer E210 | Dell Streak 5

wbrambley
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoid View Post
Hi everyone,

last night i was initializing a huawei ascend g300 by inserting a sim card which has 175 contacts in its list.....i went ahead an synchronised first the phone with the gmail account throught wifi but had diabled auto-sync and back ground applications too....then went ahead and copied all those contacts to the gmail account by manage contacts>copy contacts>sim to gmail account and after that there were two contacts each name appearing hence thought i would delete and copy it once again from sim card hence i deleted all the contacts.

After deleting the contacts it came to my attention that i had accidentally deleted sim contacts along with the contacts which i had copied to gmail.All i needed to do is go into view setting and uncheck the sim and the phone such that only the gmail contact would be displayed.

I already tried the restoring of contacts from gmail account as the auto sync was disabled hence no contact was synchronised on the gmail servers

The phone itself is new hence i dint took the back up so that option aswell seems to be out of context now......

I am having the sim card data recovery software but do not have a sim card reader currently in search of it..will keep you posted furthur.

Isnt there anyway of using the phone as a sim card reader...or the sim slot at the back of lappy....as the sim card reader..?

I want to restore those contacts is there any way around it.....?

Any suggestion...advice would be immensly appreciated coz im in deep trouble...
Ask Google if they can roll back your account to before you deleted contacts.

Sent from my Ascend G300 using xda app-developers app

BBQsBest
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Does this method also work on the Y300 with 4.1.1.?