[May 25, 2013][ROM][4.0.4][720p] NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA V3.0b [NativeSD]

OP tytung

16th February 2013, 03:14 PM   |  #12071  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 285

1,204 posts
More
Re: [Nov. 18, 2012][ROM][720p] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.4-CM9-HWA V2.8 [NativeSD]
Lets see how you guys will have 5.0 working....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
16th February 2013, 08:25 PM   |  #12072  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659 N 73.98626 W
Thanks Meter: 1,624

3,018 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkq29

it solved,thanks dude,i have nand bad blocks .anyway in ur opinion what s the best nexushd2 jb or ics for more stable and smooth?

I am using JB with the DataOnEXT option without any issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to NYLimited For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 04:10 PM   |  #12073  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 45

429 posts
More
Hi. What can I do to make camcorder recording faster? It records really slow videos ... In 1st post it is said "Camcorder recording (640x480, MPEG4 with hardware video encoding)" Should I enable hardware video encoding or it is enabled by default?
Last edited by kubekpop; 21st February 2013 at 08:08 PM.
21st February 2013, 08:10 PM   |  #12074  
Flag canberra

617 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLimited

I am using JB with the DataOnEXT option without any issues.

how smooth is that? i think on 2.8 got a little bit laggy (: but its okay,so if nexushd jb smoother i wanna go yaaa love ya

sent to my Heaven to your Heaven
21st February 2013, 09:10 PM   |  #12075  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659 N 73.98626 W
Thanks Meter: 1,624

3,018 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkq29

how smooth is that? i think on 2.8 got a little bit laggy (: but its okay,so if nexushd jb smoother i wanna go

The ROM itself is fine in my opinion. The problem I suspect is that most people do not bother to or do not know how to fine tune the HD2. Since the HD2 has a limited amount of memory (as compared to today's 2+ GB RAM devices) and many of us are using the SD Cards more extensively (i.e. DataOnEXT or NativeSD) some of these things become more important.

Every time we add a little app to do something it uses more RAM. For example, a service to get push notifications from Google or a small app to give me reminder tones about missed calls, etc. etc. etc... They all take up working memory. Eventually, in order to launch a big app some things need to be flushed from memory first (to make room) and that is one of the sources of lag. SD Card access is another, of course.

I don't think we can totally eliminate all lag in this device as long as we use many, many apps to do things for us. But, I find we can bring the lags to within acceptable limits for most of us, at least until that new quad core device with tons of RAM becomes affordable.

---
Im as confused as a baby in a topless bar...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYLimited For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 09:22 PM   |  #12076  
Flag canberra

617 posts
More
Quote:

The ROM itself is fine in my opinion. The problem I suspect is that most people do not bother to or do not know how to fine tune the HD2. Since the HD2 has a limited amount of memory (as compared to today's 2+ GB RAM devices) and many of us are using the SD Cards more extensively (i.e. DataOnEXT or NativeSD) some of these things become more important.

Every time we add a little app to do something it uses more RAM. For example, a service to get push notifications from Google or a small app to give me reminder tones about missed calls, etc. etc. etc... They all take up working memory. Eventually, in order to launch a big app some things need to be flushed from memory first (to make room) and that is one of the sources of lag. SD Card access is another, of course.

I don't think we can totally eliminate all lag in this device as long as we use many, many apps to do things for us. But, I find we can bring the lags to within acceptable limits for most of us, at least until that new quad core device with tons of RAM becomes affordable.

---

yo dude youre right ,this room is perfect,i see .and yes hd2 is totally hippie ever .lol

sent to my Heaven to your Heaven
22nd February 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #12077  
Flag Warsaw

429 posts
More
Perofrmance and responsivity
My best settings for respondivity are:
CPU: 245-1113MHz Preformance governor (may be smartassV2) ;sometimes I have freezes on 1.19GHz
Deadline scheduler
And in build.prop:
call_ring_delay 0
VM_heap_size = 168M
Max_events_per_sec = 160 (I think it's a little high value over stock 120, so if you feel "lags" when heavy app/2apps are loading, set CPU to 1190MHZ if your CPU can do it (mine is not capable because of too strong oc in the past)

And yes, v2.7 was a lil' bit faster. I think that apps still load faster from nand than from mid-class SD (in few weeks I will test it with SanDisk's ULTRA card)...

And don't kill apps such as Gallery, SMS, Settings, and most frequently used apps. If you want to kill app you've just dropped, long-press home and slide that app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-06-50-16.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1750642  
Last edited by kubekpop; 22nd February 2013 at 06:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kubekpop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 11:36 AM   |  #12078  
Thanks Meter: 12

69 posts
More
Everything is perfect.
But I'm having battery drain issues.

With screen OFF, networks ON, 2g enabled....drain is 6mA.

With screen OFF, airplane mode....drain is 5mA.

I can barely run my T-Mobile HD2 for 6hrs. NAND install. Lowest brightness. No live wallpaper. At most 2background processes.

What to do?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC HD2 using XDA Premium.
24th February 2013, 06:14 PM   |  #12079  
Thanks Meter: 4

83 posts
Info 2 HD2 fine tuning
Quote:

---

Dear NYLimited,

I think the same as you yet I have no clue re how to fine tune my HD2.
I see that the ROM itself is running nice and smooth yet every other operation that involves apps - takes "ages", be it FB or even to issue a phone call or text.

I use DATA ON EXT with a 32GB class 10 new SD card.

Will you be kind to publish your "fine tuning guide" ?

Thank you!
24th February 2013, 06:43 PM   |  #12080  
Flag Pag
Thanks Meter: 2

38 posts
More
Where can i find a smaller softkeys for this rom, stock softkeys take too much of the screen.
I like this rom its fast and smooth, best so far.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.3, 4.0.4, ics cm9, nativesd, nexushd2, tytung, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread