Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 53,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What carrier are you with? This will affect which carrier tweaks I focus on...
AT&T 2,387 64.78%
Rogers 231 6.27%
Telus 78 2.12%
Bell 35 0.95%
Telstra 214 5.81%
Vodafone 78 2.12%
O2 35 0.95%
Asia 173 4.69%
Other? 454 12.32%
Voters: 3685. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][SEP 22] Team Venom ViperXL 4.2.0 | Sense 5 | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates

Tip us?

RC196
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Re: [ROM][Feb 15] Team Venom ViperXL 3.2.3 Jelly Bean | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDukes707 View Post
Curses! Did you just do the red text fix or the whole hboot job?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Just the text. Took less then 5 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

BobbyDukes707
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Default Re: [ROM][Feb 15] Team Venom ViperXL 3.2.3 Jelly Bean | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKS View Post
If you're only after removing the red text, just flash that little zip. So quick and easy

sent from Evita <3, my rooted, S-Off Venomized Elemental HTC One XL 4G \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC196 View Post
Just the text. Took less then 5 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Tried that... Maybe I got a bum download. Ran but then it said failed.

No biggie, just cosmetic anyway.

Thanks

Phone: Unlocked HTC One XL S-Off
Rom: Viper
Kernel: ElementalX
Recovery: TWRP
My wife says I need an Android Intervention

RC196
Old
Thanks Meter 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDukes707 View Post
Tried that... Maybe I got a bum download. Ran but then it said failed.

No biggie, just cosmetic anyway.

Thanks

"Make sure you have fastboot and adb installed
Place downloaded file in same directory as fastboot and adb is installed
boot into bootloader and enter fastboot mode.
do:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip RemoveText-1.09.zip"

Use the correct zip version for your phone. 1.09 or 1.14 or 2.14.

JuanTheMower
Old
Thanks Meter 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetwentyfizzle View Post
Hey just a suggestion for a future update if possible:

Is there any possibility of adding an expanded volume control when you press the side rocker buttons so you can control ringtone/media/notification volumes like on aosp?

I use my phone in my car thru auxiliary and have to max out volume for it, as well as listen to headphones. Every single time I try to lower the media volume on the notification drawer its only changing the speaker media volume and when I plug in my headphones, I blast the hell out of my eardrums not to mention possibly blowing my headphones from the maxed out volume.

And I'm still getting HTC music widget error messages too not sure if anyone else still is

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
I use headset button controller from the market. I set the volume at about 40 on my phone whenever a headset is plugged in and turn up the volume high on my car. Issue fixed .

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

ilamaan
Old
Thanks Meter 272
I'm thinking to update a brother's phone. It's an AT&T one. He is on stock ICS. So what are the steps required to update to the JB version of this ROM? Does it need to be in a specific hboot?

Press "thanks" button if my posts have been helpful to you. I do too when I'm assisted around the forum.

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilamaan View Post
I'm thinking to update a brother's phone. It's an AT&T one. He is on stock ICS. So what are the steps required to update to the JB version of this ROM? Does it need to be in a specific hboot?
Depends what hboot he's on if hes on hboot 1.14 its a bit differentat the end but here
Root(xfactor exploit)
Then htcdev.com
Than flash twrp through fastboot
Than flash a Rom(here's where it differs...if he's on 1.14 you'll have to fastboot flash the boot.img through recovery both you'll need to flash a Rom than you can do the s off procedue than you won't have to deal with fastboot
If you're on anything other than hboot 1.14 just flash the Rom in recovery and desired kernels
The Following User Says Thank You to a box of kittens For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ilamaan
Old
(Last edited by ilamaan; 24th February 2013 at 09:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens View Post
Depends what hboot he's on if hes on hboot 1.14 its a bit differentat the end but here
Root(xfactor exploit)
Then htcdev.com
Than flash twrp through fastboot
Than flash a Rom(here's where it differs...if he's on 1.14 you'll have to fastboot flash the boot.img through recovery both you'll need to flash a Rom than you can do the s off procedue than you won't have to deal with fastboot
If you're on anything other than hboot 1.14 just flash the Rom in recovery and desired kernels
Okey. So, regardless of which HBOOT he is in if I flash the provided boot.img from the ROM everything will work fine right? Is it stable? No problems like signal losses, reboots n etc due to being different hboot? It is already unlocked from htcdev and recovery installed.

P.S.: what is the use of wifi partition update in the second post? is it required?
Thanks!

Press "thanks" button if my posts have been helpful to you. I do too when I'm assisted around the forum.

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilamaan View Post
Okey. So, regardless of which HBOOT he is in if I flash the provided boot.img from the ROM everything will work fine right? Is it stable? No problems like signal losses, reboots n etc due to being different hboot? It is already unlocked from htcdev and recovery installed.

P.S.: what is the use of wifi partition update in the second post? is it required?
Thanks!
Dint use the WiFi fix.... And this Rom and elemental kernel give me amazing battery life flawless! And yes regardless of the hboot if you wish to fastboot the boot.img that's fine but I recommend flashing root than do s off which is a very simple process and makes life 100x easier
The Following User Says Thank You to a box of kittens For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thedailyl3af
Old
Thanks Meter 221

I'm pretty sure but is 2.41 radio vodaphone cause I'm on att and I think that's why I bootlooped last time

Sent from my Venomized Elemental Evita

BizzLeonDaCouch
Old
Thanks Meter 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedailyl3af View Post
I'm pretty sure but is 2.41 radio vodaphone cause I'm on att and I think that's why I bootlooped last time

Sent from my Venomized Elemental Evita
No, I'm on AT&T and flashed 2.41 and I get great signal/data/battery life

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7
Galaxy S4 Verizon - Hyperdrive RLS17! // KOT49H【4.4.4】AOSP Official Google Edition

Tags
hub, ota updates, sense, tweaks, venom