Post Reply

HTC One VS Lumia 920

OP cyprusx

23rd February 2013, 10:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 175
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Hey guys couple questions the lumia has an IPS LCD display and the HTC One has an LCD3 display, what are the advantages of both if any? Wouldnt the IPS perform better in sunlight?


Is the beats branding on the HTC actually mean anything or is it just marketing and also wondering about Dolby Sound enhancement for the Lumia? which is better to have?
24th February 2013, 04:28 AM   |  #2  
ErikWithNoC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 57
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprusx

Hey guys couple questions the lumia has an IPS LCD display and the HTC One has an LCD3 display, what are the advantages of both if any? Wouldnt the IPS perform better in sunlight?


Is the beats branding on the HTC actually mean anything or is it just marketing and also wondering about Dolby Sound enhancement for the Lumia? which is better to have?

The HTC One has IPS as well. In terms of angle viewing and sunlight visibility, it should be equal, if not better then the Lumia 920. Quality wise, the HTC One definitely has the better display hands down, unless you want to use thin gloves with your touchscreen.

Beats does change the sound of music playback. I found it improved the sound of the songs I listened to on my One X, but others didn't like it. I can't comment on the Lumia's sound quality since I've never listened to music on one
24th February 2013, 04:43 AM   |  #3  
NiCk.JaY's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 358
 
1,063 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Re: HTC One VS Lumia 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC

The HTC One has IPS as well. In terms of angle viewing and sunlight visibility, it should be equal, if not better then the Lumia 920. Quality wise, the HTC One definitely has the better display hands down, unless you want to use thin gloves with your touchscreen.

Beats does change the sound of music playback. I found it improved the sound of the songs I listened to on my One X, but others didn't like it. I can't comment on the Lumia's sound quality since I've never listened to music on one

+1 for beats. I know their headphones are just marketing crap, but the built in equalizer and amplifier from beats make a difference

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 04:48 AM   |  #4  
ErikWithNoC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 57
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCk.JaY

+1 for beats. I know their headphones are just marketing crap, but the built in equalizer and amplifier from beats make a difference

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Yeah the marketing hype for those headphones is crazy stupid. I have a pair of Bose AE2's that blow those things out of the water and cost a heck of a lot less. I do see a lot of people with Beat's having iPhone's though, maybe there's a connection in regards to overpri..nvm...
24th February 2013, 10:47 AM   |  #5  
RCJ89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 221
 
758 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC

The HTC One has IPS as well. In terms of angle viewing and sunlight visibility, it should be equal, if not better then the Lumia 920. Quality wise, the HTC One definitely has the better display hands down, unless you want to use thin gloves with your touchscreen.

Beats does change the sound of music playback. I found it improved the sound of the songs I listened to on my One X, but others didn't like it. I can't comment on the Lumia's sound quality since I've never listened to music on one

The sound on the lumia 920 is OK, it lacks clarity compared to One S/X/M7 (for names sake as One is just so confusing), SGS3/GN2, Xperia T/Z or loudness but there is a good amount of bass. Overall it is good but I feel it could have been better tbh.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes