Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One VS Lumia 920

Tip us?

cyprusx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Default HTC One VS Lumia 920

Hey guys couple questions the lumia has an IPS LCD display and the HTC One has an LCD3 display, what are the advantages of both if any? Wouldnt the IPS perform better in sunlight?

Is the beats branding on the HTC actually mean anything or is it just marketing and also wondering about Dolby Sound enhancement for the Lumia? which is better to have?

ErikWithNoC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprusx View Post
Hey guys couple questions the lumia has an IPS LCD display and the HTC One has an LCD3 display, what are the advantages of both if any? Wouldnt the IPS perform better in sunlight?

Is the beats branding on the HTC actually mean anything or is it just marketing and also wondering about Dolby Sound enhancement for the Lumia? which is better to have?
The HTC One has IPS as well. In terms of angle viewing and sunlight visibility, it should be equal, if not better then the Lumia 920. Quality wise, the HTC One definitely has the better display hands down, unless you want to use thin gloves with your touchscreen.

Beats does change the sound of music playback. I found it improved the sound of the songs I listened to on my One X, but others didn't like it. I can't comment on the Lumia's sound quality since I've never listened to music on one
Phones: iPhone 3GS < Samsung Focus < iPhone 4 < Lumia 900 < HTC One X < Nexus 4 < HTC One!

NiCk.JaY
Old
Thanks Meter 358
Default Re: HTC One VS Lumia 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post
The HTC One has IPS as well. In terms of angle viewing and sunlight visibility, it should be equal, if not better then the Lumia 920. Quality wise, the HTC One definitely has the better display hands down, unless you want to use thin gloves with your touchscreen.

Beats does change the sound of music playback. I found it improved the sound of the songs I listened to on my One X, but others didn't like it. I can't comment on the Lumia's sound quality since I've never listened to music on one
+1 for beats. I know their headphones are just marketing crap, but the built in equalizer and amplifier from beats make a difference

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

ErikWithNoC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCk.JaY View Post
+1 for beats. I know their headphones are just marketing crap, but the built in equalizer and amplifier from beats make a difference

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Yeah the marketing hype for those headphones is crazy stupid. I have a pair of Bose AE2's that blow those things out of the water and cost a heck of a lot less. I do see a lot of people with Beat's having iPhone's though, maybe there's a connection in regards to overpri..nvm...
Phones: iPhone 3GS < Samsung Focus < iPhone 4 < Lumia 900 < HTC One X < Nexus 4 < HTC One!

RCJ89
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post

The sound on the lumia 920 is OK, it lacks clarity compared to One S/X/M7 (for names sake as One is just so confusing), SGS3/GN2, Xperia T/Z or loudness but there is a good amount of bass. Overall it is good but I feel it could have been better tbh.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver