Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MIUI V5 Official Discussion Thread (N7100)

Tip us?
 
symonchristopher
Old
#461  
symonchristopher's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: MIUI Official N7100 discussion

I'm starting to feel stupid.

I ran the MIUI ROM development page on XDA for two different phones, but I'm having issues on this one.

My setup: N7100 - currently running Carbon AOSP

I have downloaded MIUI from deadsix link and from MIUI official. Both times when attempting flash in CWM it errors out immediately.

At first I thought bad download, but I downloaded them each twice and same result. Sure my brain is fried and I'm just missing something. Any ideas ?



Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
 
DeadSix17
Old
#462  
DeadSix17's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hamburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Any details on the error?


is it the "getprop" error? if yes.. then use the Skip Device Check downloads of my page..
Note: i was to lazy to make some for the newest versions since they do not contain anything special new.. they're like the others..

Ill do one the next MIUI Version.. which will come out on 22nd Feb..

If you still want the newest version do it manually:

Open the .zip with some Archive manager (Winrar etc) extract the updater-script file from META-INF/Google/etc.. i forgot the path just look in META-INF Subfolders theres only one file thats called updater-script..

then edit that file with notepad or notepad++ (preferred) and remove the first 2 lines those lines that are about Getprop.. then save it and move it back into the .zip (by replacing the old updater script).. then try installing it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by symonchristopher View Post
I'm starting to feel stupid.

I ran the MIUI ROM development page on XDA for two different phones, but I'm having issues on this one.

My setup: N7100 - currently running Carbon AOSP

I have downloaded MIUI from deadsix link and from MIUI official. Both times when attempting flash in CWM it errors out immediately.

At first I thought bad download, but I downloaded them each twice and same result. Sure my brain is fried and I'm just missing something. Any ideas ?



Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
A Thank is always appreciated
 
symonchristopher
Old
#463  
symonchristopher's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: MIUI Official N7100 discussion

I believe that has it.

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
 
anson89
Old
#464  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 93
Join Date: Apr 2012
it's battery drain// =(
 
DeadSix17
Old
(Last edited by DeadSix17; 24th February 2013 at 11:56 AM.)
#465  
DeadSix17's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hamburg

 
DONATE TO ME
MIUI Update: 3.2.22 Final

MIUIv4 final release is out, MIUIv5 will probably come march this year.

Quote of website:
Quote:
MIUI 3.2.22 will be the last dev version of MIUI V4. Just like MIUI 2.3, MIUI V4 will become history.
If eveything goes well, MIUI V5 for Xiaomi MI-2 will be released next Friday, 1st March!!
MIUI V5 for other devices with MIUI 4.1 will be released in late March or early April.

All MIUIv4 ICS devices will be dropped...
ONLY devices with official stock JB firmware will get MIUIv5...
Final Version download (my server):

MIUIandroid.com version: http://Dead6.eu/downloads?dl=68#dlRow_68
MIUIandroid.com Multilanguage: http://Dead6.eu/downloads?dl=69#dlRow_69
MIUI.com version: http://Dead6.eu/downloads?dl=71#dlRow_71

Changelog:
Code:
[Lock screen, status bar and notification bar]
Fix - incomplete display of network speed in the status bar in some cases
Fix - battery bar displays errors in some cases

[Themes]
Fix - device account number in some cases is not correct

[Gallery]
Fix - duplicated images in cloud albums

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
A Thank is always appreciated
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeadSix17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tux-lover
Old
#466  
tux-lover's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 240
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hollywood FL
Default Re: MIUI Official N7100 discussion

My only complaint about this ROM is latitude keeps FC on me....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2
 
underlines
Old
(Last edited by underlines; 27th February 2013 at 12:21 PM.)
#467  
underlines's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Posts: 232
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bern (Switzerland)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux-lover View Post
My only complaint about this ROM is latitude keeps FC on me....
But still location reporting is fully functional. As a workaround you can open Google Maps, push your menu hardware button, and use the Layers to enable the Latitude layer.


Could anyone enable the UMS (USB Mass Storage) mode instead of MTP on the N7100 while running MIUI?

Edit, it's working with this, ONLY with external SD Card, NOT with internal memory:
- Install SGS3 Easy UMS v1.8
- unplug from USB cable, start app, grant root
- press UMS mode button
- Plug in USB cable to your Computer
- wait windows for installing the drivers
- windows should now be able to see your phone as an external drive, if not you have a driver installing issue or another problem
Procedure to correctly remove the phone from the computer, without damaging the sdcard:
- eject the drive in explorer
- push "Mount card" in the app
- Remove the cable



Previous devices
Compaq iPaq 3630 > Sony Ericsson K750 > Samsung SGH-D600 > Nokia N91 > Nokia N95 > Apple iPhone 3G > HTC Magic > Google Nexus S > Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
 
dawabz94
Old
#468  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 476
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: France

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by underlines View Post
But still location reporting is fully functional. As a workaround you can open Google Maps, push your menu hardware button, and use the Layers to enable the Latitude layer.


Could anyone enable the UMS (USB Mass Storage) mode instead of MTP on the N7100 while running MIUI?

Edit, it's working with this, ONLY with external SD Card, NOT with internal memory:
- Install SGS3 Easy UMS v1.8
- unplug from USB cable, start app, grant root
- press UMS mode button
- Plug in USB cable to your Computer
- wait windows for installing the drivers
- windows should now be able to see your phone as an external drive, if not you have a driver installing issue or another problem
Procedure to correctly remove the phone from the computer, without damaging the sdcard:
- eject the drive in explorer
- push "Mount card" in the app
- Remove the cable
why not use a file explorer to do the copy folderA->folderB on device?
-------------
* LG G2 - D802 | Stock NON rooted KitKat
* Galaxy Note 8 - N5120 | Stock rooted XXCMH2 (XXBMD9 modem) | Stock recovery | Stock Kernel
* Nexus 7 / 3G (2012) | Stock NON rooted KitKat
* Nexus 7 / 3G (2013) | Stock NON rooted KitKat
* Xperia Z Ultra C6833 | Stock rooted KitKat
* SFR/Unlimited YouTube (Voice+Data)
* SFR (Data only)

-------------
 
underlines
Old
#469  
underlines's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Posts: 232
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bern (Switzerland)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawabz94 View Post
why not use a file explorer to do the copy folderA->folderB on device?
It was an example of the flaws of MTP. Almost no native file operations... But of course I would use a file manager for that task.



Previous devices
Compaq iPaq 3630 > Sony Ericsson K750 > Samsung SGH-D600 > Nokia N91 > Nokia N95 > Apple iPhone 3G > HTC Magic > Google Nexus S > Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
 
underlines
Old
(Last edited by underlines; 27th February 2013 at 04:33 PM.)
#470  
underlines's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Posts: 232
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bern (Switzerland)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSix17 View Post
MIUI Update: 3.2.22 Final

MIUIv4 final release is out, MIUIv5 will probably come march this year.

DeadSix17, I'm too scary to try and couldn't find that answer: Is the official MIUI capable of running with other TW Kernels like Perseus or uNEAK out of the box? Or do we need to modify something?

I'm a noob when it comes to kernels and I couldn't find an answer in the Perseus FAQ thread.

I think this would be the correct way:
  1. Download .tar or .zip of the kernel
  2. If using .tar we flash it in ODIN's "PDA" section
  3. If using .zip we wipe cache & dalvik in CWM and "install zip from sdcard"
Right?

PS.:
I extracted the boot.img file from miui_Note2_3.2.22_b110fbe664_4.1.zip and packed it into the zip from Perseus-alpha33.1-n7100-CWM.zip (overwriting boot.img there). So we should be able to flash the MIUI's default kernel with this method, right? (Added as attachment)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MIUI-v3.2.22-Kernel-n7100-CWM.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.25 MB, 3 views)



Previous devices
Compaq iPaq 3630 > Sony Ericsson K750 > Samsung SGH-D600 > Nokia N91 > Nokia N95 > Apple iPhone 3G > HTC Magic > Google Nexus S > Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes