Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] So disappointed with my Verizon Galaxy Note 2...

OP elcucaramacara

24th February 2013, 12:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
By far this is the fastest phone I had, coming from a HTC Evo Lte from Sprint. But I'm hoping that HTC comes out with a 5.5" screen so I can go back, I never had any issues transferring all my pictures, videos, music, etc. There's is no plug and play with the note 2. I've downloaded the MTP kit from Microsoft and still nothing works, I really don't want to use the kies air app, I just want to plug and play.... Any suggestions that can make me fall in love with my note 2 again.... This is my first Samsung phone...

I can only use it as a camera not as a media devise ....
Last edited by elcucaramacara; 24th February 2013 at 12:29 PM.
24th February 2013, 01:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag surface of the sun...or phx
Thanks Meter: 42

185 posts
More
? Do you mean hooken it to the computer...none of my usb cords worked at first you have to use the stock one it came with...when I first got mine I was like wth I cant transfer anything then used the stock cable and bam poped up
The Following User Says Thank You to s10sdeville For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 01:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
More
You need to use the cable that came with the phone and you need to install the drivers for your phone. Once you get those in order you will be in business.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acery For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 02:52 PM   |  #4  
Flag Maple Heights, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 139

474 posts
All I needed was the cable, my PC installed the driver automatically.

I will never understand why people immediately jump to "my NEW phone can't do this" before first finding out if they're doing something incorrectly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pool_shark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 03:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag Collinsville, IL (STL Metro)
Thanks Meter: 61

528 posts
More
Re: [Q] So disappointed with my Verizon Galaxy Note 2...
Pool_shark,

Probably because it's a pain point. They are used to doing X and can't. They want X back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x
24th February 2013, 03:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks Meter: 123

858 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pool_shark

All I needed was the cable, my PC installed the driver automatically.

I will never understand why people immediately jump to "my NEW phone can't do this" before first finding out if they're doing something incorrectly.

Well it is a standard, and people expect them to work universally. It's almost as bad as proprietary cables. It sucks to buy multiple cables only to have to buy new cables for the next phone.
24th February 2013, 04:09 PM   |  #7  
Flag Maple Heights, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 139

474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraursls1984

Well it is a standard, and people expect them to work universally. It's almost as bad as proprietary cables. It sucks to buy multiple cables only to have to buy new cables for the next phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kotches

Pool_shark,

Probably because it's a pain point. They are used to doing X and can't. They want X back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

When I was unlocking the bootloader casual couldn't find my device.
It was time to troubleshoot. So I rebooted the phone to see if my PC could see the phone, it couldn't.
Guess what my next step was in troubleshooting, I switched cables, and boom, it worked.

My previous android devices could all use the same cables, but this one couldn't, yet I still thought the next best thing was to try the cable it came with.
Last edited by pool_shark; 24th February 2013 at 04:11 PM.
24th February 2013, 05:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 49

563 posts
More
Yeah I make it a point now to use the cable that the phone came with. Same thing happened with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus I couldn't get the phone to connect to the pc until my wife said, "Is that the cable the phone came with? You should use the cable the phone came with." I was thinking, oh hell no, that shouldn't be an issue. So when I did use the cable the effin phone hooked up quick style. So remember guys, listen to your wife. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Idol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 07:25 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Go to Samsung's website and download the USB drivers for the Note 2. Oh hey, look at that, I linked it below for you:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SCH-I605MSAVZW

Under Manuals/Downloads --> Click Software

After you install the drivers, connect your Note using your USB cable. If your Note doesn't show up on the computer as a removable hard drive, open up your Note with the USB cable still plugged in --> pull down your notifications bar --> select the USB "Connected as an Installer" option --> Check "Media device (MTP) option

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to ichibanjay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 07:48 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,765

2,366 posts
More
Horrible thread title.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to 1ManWolfePack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread