Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google wallet working on Note 2

Tip us?
 
Taxmaster
Old
#821  
Taxmaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 379
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Default Re: Google wallet WORKING on Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by celyko View Post
Any chance this will work on the note 2? Or we can get it working on the note 2?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34896632


Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Are you kidding me? Are you seriously kidding me? You must be kidding me. Holy hell you must be kidding.


LOOK AT THE NAME OF THIS THREAD !!!!!!!!!

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
I am the OMEGA Taxmaster (Hard Mode) ..... Only Quints Can Kill Me

If you feel I helped you, feel free to help buy me a round! Never asked but always appreciated !!!
 
celyko
Old
#822  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Re: Google wallet WORKING on Note 2

How about you go and click the link in the comment I just left, and see what I was referring to befoore you insult me?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxmaster View Post
Are you kidding me? Are you seriously kidding me? You must be kidding me. Holy hell you must be kidding.


LOOK AT THE NAME OF THIS THREAD !!!!!!!!!

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
How about you go click the link in my comment to see what I was referring to before you insult me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
 
spoiler1041
Old
#823  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 66
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default Unsupported device

It looks like it is set up but I get a message at the top that reads "Unsupported device". It is still set as Galaxy Nexus.

Any ideas?
 
Taxmaster
Old
#824  
Taxmaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 379
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Default Re: Google wallet WORKING on Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by celyko View Post
How about you go and click the link in the comment I just left, and see what I was referring to befoore you insult me?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------



How about you go click the link in my comment to see what I was referring to before you insult me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
How about you read my post? How about you read the title of this thread? How about you read MY posts in this thread which also give step by step instructions on how to get it to work?

Ask the mods to check my traffic on the site and they'll tell you that not only did I check that thread once, I checked it TWICE!

Do your damn homework next time you call someone out like that. Countless users have worked hard as hell to provide detailed step by step instructions for pretty much any configuration you can think of at this point in time. The least you can do is do 1 minute of research before posting in the manner that you have.

Bottom line: This forum is for learning and the community is hear to help you. I know I am super thankful for all of the help I have received and I've been glad I've been able to help! All that the forum asks is that you read a little before you post. That isn't too much to ask!

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler1041 View Post
It looks like it is set up but I get a message at the top that reads "Unsupported device". It is still set as Galaxy Nexus.

Any ideas?
Spoiler, it sounds like your build prop is still set to Galaxy Nexus config (remember there are 3 parts that change). If you're getting that message and your build prop is in the Nexus/yakju/maguro config, restart by uninstalling wallet, fix your build prop to the original config, and then restart your phone.

At this point, start over. Search for my last posting with step by step details. Be extra careful with the permissions, R/W vs. R/O, and the reboot timing that I call out. Be patient with the whole rebooting thing and you'll be fine!!!!

-Taxmaster

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
I am the OMEGA Taxmaster (Hard Mode) ..... Only Quints Can Kill Me

If you feel I helped you, feel free to help buy me a round! Never asked but always appreciated !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Taxmaster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
spoiler1041
Old
#825  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 66
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxmaster View Post

Spoiler, it sounds like your build prop is still set to Galaxy Nexus config (remember there are 3 parts that change). If you're getting that message and your build prop is in the Nexus/yakju/maguro config, restart by uninstalling wallet, fix your build prop to the original config, and then restart your phone.

At this point, start over. Search for my last posting with step by step details. Be extra careful with the permissions, R/W vs. R/O, and the reboot timing that I call out. Be patient with the whole rebooting thing and you'll be fine!!!!

-Taxmaster

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
I flashed my original rom before I saw your post so I will start at the top again but just to be sure, when you set permissions you say "owner", mine says "user", I hope that's the same thing...........
 
Taxmaster
Old
#826  
Taxmaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 379
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Default Re: Google wallet WORKING on Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler1041 View Post
I flashed my original rom before I saw your post so I will start at the top again but just to be sure, when you set permissions you say "owner", mine says "user", I hope that's the same thing...........
Let me know if you have any problems! What ROM are you running?

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
I am the OMEGA Taxmaster (Hard Mode) ..... Only Quints Can Kill Me

If you feel I helped you, feel free to help buy me a round! Never asked but always appreciated !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Taxmaster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
spoiler1041
Old
#827  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 66
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxmaster View Post
Let me know if you have any problems! What ROM are you running?

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
Stock JB, just root and unlock.
 
Taxmaster
Old
#828  
Taxmaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 379
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Default Re: Google wallet WORKING on Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler1041 View Post
Stock JB, just root and unlock.
Okay. Follow my instructions and you should have no issues!

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
I am the OMEGA Taxmaster (Hard Mode) ..... Only Quints Can Kill Me

If you feel I helped you, feel free to help buy me a round! Never asked but always appreciated !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Taxmaster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
spoiler1041
Old
(Last edited by spoiler1041; 25th February 2013 at 01:07 AM.)
#829  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 66
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxmaster View Post
Okay. Follow my instructions and you should have no issues!

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
So user and owner are the same thing regarding permissions?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Also, on the step that says add card then exit app when asked to pick an email account...it asks me for an account before it sets up a card. This change anything?
When it crashed this time it said device not ready, not fully initialized.

Copied wallet to system/app with permissions from the unzipped folder but it doesn't show in app to run it....

Put another copy in data/app and changed permissions and WOO HOO working......

Thanks for this.
 
harpua
Old
#830  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Struggling with this. My Root explorer isn't reflecting the build.prop changes after I save and exit. I checked and it's staying sch i605..I must have installed wallet before I rooted? because I have the apk. it just force closes, I also am unable to uninstall it. Suggestions?

Thread Tools
Display Modes