Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.1.2] Cyanogenmod 10 unofficial Galaxy Exhibit 4G

Tip us?

BrandonCormier
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Re: [ROM][4.1.2] Cyanogenmod 10 Galaxy Exhibit 4G

It's because it's a jelly bean ROM. It's mostly due to the Google apps taking up cpu time. You can either uninstall the Google apps or buy an extended battery (there is a link to one in the accessories part of our phone forum). Some users have had success in tweaking the romantic until battery is good but I have had no such success.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Btw if anyone has been able to get good battery life out of a jb rom then it would be awesome if you could post on how you did it / what tweaks you did.

Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3 / Amber)
Nexus 7 16GB Wifi (Stock 4.4 Kit Kat)

Old: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G (CM10)
The Following User Says Thank You to BrandonCormier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jetstream131
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCormier View Post
It's because it's a jelly bean ROM. It's mostly due to the Google apps taking up cpu time. You can either uninstall the Google apps or buy an extended battery (there is a link to one in the accessories part of our phone forum). Some users have had success in tweaking the romantic until battery is good but I have had no such success.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Btw if anyone has been able to get good battery life out of a jb rom then it would be awesome if you could post on how you did it / what tweaks you did.

Recently i've managed to get pretty good battery life, well for this phone at least. I'm running CM10 2/17 with DBK 3.0, using Smartass V2 OC'd at 1612 (phone crashes at anything beyond that). I use juice defender as well, and i always clear the multitasking bar. The biggest battery saver for me is turning off wifi when outside of a wifi zone.

Also, what do you mean by "tweaking the romantic"

crhylove
Old
Thanks Meter 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream131 View Post
Recently i've managed to get pretty good battery life, well for this phone at least. I'm running CM10 2/17 with DBK 3.0, using Smartass V2 OC'd at 1612 (phone crashes at anything beyond that). I use juice defender as well, and i always clear the multitasking bar. The biggest battery saver for me is turning off wifi when outside of a wifi zone.

Also, what do you mean by "tweaking the romantic"
I do the same thing minus juice defender. Just don't install a bunch of junk, you'll be good.

iPhone. More like I hate myself phone. lol

Willielf
Old
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME

Does anyone have any problems with going into airplane mode ? Mine freezes and I have to hard reboot

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

CopaCC
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willielf View Post
Does anyone have any problems with going into airplane mode ? Mine freezes and I have to hard reboot

I did. Wi-Fi tethering never seemed to want to finish staring, either. I switched back to the 11 Feb build. Everything works on it. My battery life was terrible on the 17 Feb build as well, for some reason. On the 12/11, it's as good as it was with Peach Sunrise.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Neoxal
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willielf View Post

Yes. I actually experienxe this in the new 2/20 Slimbean build and posted in the Slimbean thread, but that kind of blew up after some people posted about lag. I think this bug/issue is in every single CM10 based rom as of now. My phone locks up for a few seconds and reboots automatically.

BrandonCormier
Old
Thanks Meter 30

"Also, what do you mean by "tweaking the romantic""

Haha SwiftKey but must have put that in instead of rom.

Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3 / Amber)
Nexus 7 16GB Wifi (Stock 4.4 Kit Kat)

Old: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G (CM10)
The Following User Says Thank You to BrandonCormier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danny8
Old
Thanks Meter 134

I agree pretty much with everything said. Maybe just try turning off the wifi and possibly forgo the other complicated stuff.

Google Now is the real culprit. I don't think there is a good answer to battery life enhancement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream131 View Post
What do you mean by "tweaking the romantic"
Ha ha, sounds like the title for a Three Stooges movie.

kingdavidd
Old
Thanks Meter 37

I normally get a good 18 hours until I am at about 30%, I highly recommend disabling Google now and turning off blue tooth and wifi when you are not using it. Another thing that helps is advanced task killer set to 30 minutes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G using XDA Premium.
Proud owner of:
LG Nexus 4: Running stock 4.2.2
Motorola Xoom: Running Team EOS

jetstream131
Old
Thanks Meter 10
For those of you that want an extended battery but don't want that clunky case thats on the accessories page check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Also im having a problem where my phone doesn't vibrate for text messages when on vibrate mode.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe