Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,185

8,542 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] Feb-20 MeanBean v3.07 | 3.16.651.3 | Mods | Batt saver
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000

I need to s-off, Racun method says I should RUU again and then unlock again, which I get..

But quiestion is given I am on MeanBean 3.07 should I use RUU with 3.15 of stick with 2.13 RUU...

I know this is not strictly question for this thread, but given I am using a 3.16 ROm will it matter ?

There is a new s-off method on original development

Sent from my PoS MoPho
24th February 2013, 04:18 AM   |  #7662  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Florida - Gulf Coast
Thanks Meter: 13,167

3,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzbrambila

Use Notification Toggle instead.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

I reviewed that one for inclusion in the ROM. It has basically identical functionality to power toggles but I much prefer the icons used in power toggles. For example, the silent toggle and volume levels toggle both just look like a speaker in notification toggles. In power toggles, you can tell them apart. Also, notification toggles seems to have issues updating the on and off status of the icons and a couple times I caught it interfering with other notifications. It appeared to kill Aqua Mail a few times for example. So power toggles just seemed a bit more polished to me. They both require a "space" in the status bar but I find the day of the month to be useful.

Mike

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyxda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 04:41 AM   |  #7663  
Flag Vinton, VA
Thanks Meter: 81

278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr0roboto

When I get to my home, my LTEVO running MeanBean takes many minutes (sometimes 15 or more) before it can connect to my home wifi network, even though I am standing right next to my wireless router. I have tried to manually scan for networks, turn my wifi radio on and off, put the phone in/out of airplane mode, and tried to restart the phone. One of these methods occasionally works, but not consistently. My LTEVO can see multiple neighboring networks which I can opt to connect to, just not mine (see screenshot).

None of my other devices experience this issue (Verizon Blackberry, my wife's LTEVO running stock, iPad, Macbook Pro, Dell laptop, friends/family devices, etc), and my desktop PC still has connectivity. This only started when I installed and was running MeanBean.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas on how to fix this issue? Connections optimizer is turned off as well.

Thanks

I have issues from time to time connecting to my router at home too.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 04:45 AM   |  #7664  
Thanks Meter: 35

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdude

1. I used to be able to have the Camera shortcut in the app dock and could directly access my camera from lock screen without having to unlock the phone. Now I have to unlock the phone, which is a bit of a pain when I need to snap a shot really quickly.

I just did a clean install of 3.07 today and still need to unlock the phone to use the Camera. Sounds like a few other folks have this too. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

The clean install did get volume-button-to-change-tracks working again though, which is nice. I had tried going back to using Google Play Music for a bit and I think this coincided with breaking the feature, and freezing the app again didn't fix it.
24th February 2013, 04:50 AM   |  #7665  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 34

231 posts
More
Question QPST worked on MR-ICS but it's a no go now...
Hey, all. I really exhausted every option before posting to include reinstalling all of the HTC drivers and even trying another computer. QPST worked without issue on MR-ICS but after the install of the latest MeanBean my computers (both running WinXP x86) will not recognize the phone as far as QPST goes and also I get 2 new unknown devices that just will not install (HTC DIAG and a generic "Android Phone"). Any suggestions?

Also, to comment on the inability to connect to my home WiFi, I know that the letters in my WPA2 password are lower-case, but the phone refused to connect to it saying that the password was wrong. I was really scratching my head wondering why it wasn't working when I know that my gf's phone and all 3 of our laptops were connected. I tried entering the password with upper-case instead and it connected on the phone. Just to make sure my memory wasn't failing, I removed my WiFi network from my laptop and entered it back in after restart. Lower case letters worked, upper case did not.
24th February 2013, 06:07 AM   |  #7666  
Thanks Meter: 2

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350

No problems with mine. Auto connects to my home, work and any other network I have saved. Are you running the latest radios? 2.4 or 5.0 wifi band?

Sent from my fast as hell phone.

Yeah, this does not happen on other wireless networks, just at home.

I am running 2.4 and 5 on my home network.

Firmware should be up to date:
Baseband: 1.12.11.1119
PRI 2.87_003
PRL 25012
24th February 2013, 06:18 AM   |  #7667  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,185

8,542 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EindhovenOne

Hey, all. I really exhausted every option before posting to include reinstalling all of the HTC drivers and even trying another computer. QPST worked without issue on MR-ICS but after the install of the latest MeanBean my computers (both running WinXP x86) will not recognize the phone as far as QPST goes and also I get 2 new unknown devices that just will not install (HTC DIAG and a generic "Android Phone"). Any suggestions?

Also, to comment on the inability to connect to my home WiFi, I know that the letters in my WPA2 password are lower-case, but the phone refused to connect to it saying that the password was wrong. I was really scratching my head wondering why it wasn't working when I know that my gf's phone and all 3 of our laptops were connected. I tried entering the password with upper-case instead and it connected on the phone. Just to make sure my memory wasn't failing, I removed my WiFi network from my laptop and entered it back in after restart. Lower case letters worked, upper case did not.

I'll send you a pm with a link to fix your drivers when I get home from work

Sent from my PoS MoPho
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 06:56 AM   |  #7668  
Thanks Meter: 13

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdude

I just did a clean install of 3.07 today and still need to unlock the phone to use the Camera. Sounds like a few other folks have this too. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

It also pauses strangely prior to popping the lock screen.

I'm using the alternate kernel (w/zram). Does anyone have the problem with the stock kernel?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ogretech; 24th February 2013 at 06:22 PM.
24th February 2013, 07:58 AM   |  #7669  
Flag Winfield
Thanks Meter: 60

161 posts
More
Today I did a full wipe and reloaded the rom and also installed the greenify app and have had the best battery life I have ever had. This rom is amazing. I am so happy with the performance and now with battery life.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361688832147.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1756210  
24th February 2013, 12:22 PM   |  #7670  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 151

549 posts
More
Does anybody have an idea of why my screen would be dimmer than my wife's at the max brightness level? We are both on MeanBean 3.06. I can't figure out what is going on. I'm half paranoid its hardware related.

Sent from my EvoLTE

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread