Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: So:
New Wi-Fi driver 130 77.38%
Old Wi-Fi driver 38 22.62%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

[KERNEL][13/09/13][306|188v4][3.xx][AOSP & SENSE4][S2W][GAMING][BATTERY][UV]XM-Kernel

Tip us?

SgtIcetea
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Hey Xmister, (and all other experts out here)
I'm running last Kernel #132 with Viper 3.3.7, and locked frequencies to 1Ghz. My status bar info label shows often more than one core active while normal usage (Message, Whatsapp etc.), and I never had problems with performance or Battery, but I just noticed, let the Cpu scale up to 1.5 Ghz leads to more usage on a single core, and more cores are plugged rare on same apps.
Anybody confirm this? And what is better for battery, more cores @1Ghz, or just one core @1.5Ghz?
Hope you understood what I mean
If I helped, feel free to hit the Thanks button!

Tigerlight
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtIcetea View Post
I'm running last Kernel #132 with Viper 3.3.7, and locked frequencies to 1Ghz. My status bar info label shows often more than one core active while normal usage (Message, Whatsapp etc.), and I never had problems with performance or Battery, but I just noticed, let the Cpu scale up to 1.5 Ghz leads to more usage on a single core, and more cores are plugged rare on same apps.
Anybody confirm this? And what is better for battery, more cores @1Ghz, or just one core @1.5Ghz?
The standard design ethos is that a higher frequency for less time on a single core is more power efficient than a lower frequency for more time on multiple cores.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Phone: HTC OneX 32GB Grey (HTC_001, HBOOT 1.72, S-ON)
ROM: AICP KK 4.4.2_r2
Recovery: PhilZ Advanced CWM v6.19.3
Kernel: faux123 KitKat CM (014)

Shan89
Old
(Last edited by Shan89; 24th February 2013 at 11:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmister View Post
#132 with USB fix is up.

It's the next thing on my list.
Yay , can't wait , thx , btw that damn bug with lagginess on USB via PC is back , argh it's getting annoying, not that i use my phone when on USB much except when i flash , but i do that offten and on daily basis gah i'll try to find a fix for this.

-Edit it's not your kernel nor Rom it's happening now with every rom and kernel
anyone else with this issue and possible fix ?

Edit 2 - *Possible fix* reinstalled my HTC drivers , seams to be working well now, no unresponsive touches for now. Also if anyone else comes to this issue, try first disabling / enabling usb debbuging , then fastcharge on/off and if none helps do the driver reinstallation.
HTC One X - The ultimate guide for battery life + performance[accurate UV values CPU & GPU, GPU OC/UC, EMC Oc(ram) safe freqs][PMC v8 setup for extreme battery and PMC v8 for performance FOR EVERYONE with SMARTMAX governor][SetCPU Guide/ Profiles SENSE & AOSP]-Updated 15.5.2013

Xperia Z1 PORT - App/Launcher/Widgets/Keyboard - ALL DEVICES

Xmister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1724

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I would say that more cores on lower freqs could use less power. That's why Samsung went to 8 core, and ARM trying to do many cores CPUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingme__hu View Post
hello XM,for me UMS doesn't work.

repack with NCX V17B Sense version,NCX V17B's UMS works well.

ROM MIUI Sense 3.2.22 MOD

kernel XM 132 REPACK
I will talk to n3o about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vua777 View Post
tested #132: MHL HDMI cable plugin freeze the phone
What ROM are you using? For me it works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agil1ty View Post
I'm still on 116, but I get a lot of freezes when compared to #106. Is this already fixed? YouTube, facebook, sms.. everything freezes and I got random reboots too..

I'm going to flash ordroid when I'm home tonight and will flash the latest kernel if I know that this has been fixed!

Also mass storage didn't work for me.. showed for 3 seconds and than dissapears... Only shows charge via ish afterwards..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
#132 should fix the stability issues.
If you like my work, please consider a donation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xmister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MacSeoin
Old
Thanks Meter 290

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [KERNEL][#132][24/02/13][3.1.10][AOSP & SENSE][S2W][GAMING][BATTERY][UV]XM-Kernel

Its probably the struggle between your phone and computer over who's goin to read the memory, that you are experiencing

And does anyone have the HTC mtp driver? HTC sync drives me crazy popping up everytime I connect my device!

Sent from my Variant 1 H3G One X, Renovate'd with XM power!

starbase64
Old
(Last edited by starbase64; 24th February 2013 at 12:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 507

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by surtrafl View Post
First, Your viper repack makes you enter bootloop, second uploaded.to is crap! I really hate that server.
Anyway, enough being rude, thanks!

Edit: I repacked #132 for viper 3.3.7
Repacked with http://nibble.cc/repack/ and second uploaded is fine here

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Hi XMister,

USB Storage and MHL doesn't work on #132, i'm on CM10.1 Beta 6 by tbalden.

cheers

starbase64
Starbase64 YouTube Channel | Stabase64 Blog | Starbase64 Flickr Stream

Device: HTC One m8ul
ROM: InsertCoin
Kernel: Stock is the best
S-OFF: Yes
SuperCID: Yes
MID: 0P6B10000
PVS: 1

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7''
ROM: CM 10.2
Kernel: stock
Recovery: TWRP
Baseband: stock

Juanig
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmister View Post
I would say that more cores on lower freqs could use less power. That's why Samsung went to 8 core, and ARM trying to do many cores CPUs.

Then why not to force all cores active all the time? Let me explain:

Whats main cores min freq? 640MHz? if your tehory is correct then why to allow just one core going for example @1300MHz? It would be better to switch on cores on this order:
LP core at max freq
1 main core at min freq
1+2 main cores at min freq
1+2+3 main cores at min freq
1+2+3+4 main cores at min freq
And then just 4 cores go up toghether..

Im talking from my total ignorance, sorry if it has no sense at all...

BTW thanks for your work, its amazing!

Shan89
Old
Thanks Meter 2322
Quote:
I'd say best thing to do if you want high battery underclock the CPU onto 1200 , use SIo scheduler and smartmax governor.
As for cores, 1core at 1500 freq will use more power then 4cores at 1000, but that depends on the task mainly, for example you can't even use single core on this phone unless you want LAGS , this phone can't run fast with 1 core even on 1500 , it needs at least 2 cores.
E.G. Lets say you could use 1 core 1500 mhz , and you open lets say facebook app , it will use for example 1core on 1500 freq for around 20sec for sure since it's only 1 core and it will use lots of power, if you have all 4 cores enabled underclocked at 1200 and they use 1000 they will open FB in less then 5 sec and load it's content = less power. But of course this can depend on the usage.

My suggestion to you would be little bit of undervolting depending on your variant anyway -75 should be enough for all freqs. underclock to 1200 , use smartmax governor + noop if you want max battery, if you want battery and performance use SIO , or if you want little less battery and more performance use ROW. As for deadline use it for gaming with interactive governor.

Hope this makes some sense and helps out lol.
HTC One X - The ultimate guide for battery life + performance[accurate UV values CPU & GPU, GPU OC/UC, EMC Oc(ram) safe freqs][PMC v8 setup for extreme battery and PMC v8 for performance FOR EVERYONE with SMARTMAX governor][SetCPU Guide/ Profiles SENSE & AOSP]-Updated 15.5.2013

Xperia Z1 PORT - App/Launcher/Widgets/Keyboard - ALL DEVICES

Xmister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1724

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanig View Post
Then why not to force all cores active all the time? Let me explain:

Whats main cores min freq? 640MHz? if your tehory is correct then why to allow just one core going for example @1300MHz? It would be better to switch on cores on this order:
LP core at max freq
1 main core at min freq
1+2 main cores at min freq
1+2+3 main cores at min freq
1+2+3+4 main cores at min freq
And then just 4 cores go up toghether..

Im talking from my total ignorance, sorry if it has no sense at all...

BTW thanks for your work, its amazing!
The most probably reasons are that waking a core is more time, and the applications is not well optimized for multi-core, so a faster single core is more beneficial for performance.

Of course I'm not sure about this, but I think if you have 4 apps, each running on a different core at 640MHz at about 25% load per each, then it would take less power, than them running on 1 core at 1.5GHz with 100% load.

Xmister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1724

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase64 View Post
Repacked with http://nibble.cc/repack/ and second uploaded is fine here

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Hi XMister,

USB Storage and MHL doesn't work on #132, i'm on CM10.1 Beta 6 by tbalden.

cheers

starbase64
Please try #134 and report.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xmister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]