Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One X speaker/ charging dock?

Tip us?

robinbg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Doesn't work with one x+

I had the HTC One x and bought the speaker cradle from their website links, when my one x broke I got a one X+ as I thought all the accessories would work, physically they're identical, all cases work, but the dock doesn't work, it charges the phone but doesn't play audio.

There's no good reason for this, as the phones are virtually identical save for a few internal differences.

Kuni6774
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Rooted International HOX+ with Custom ViperX 1.0.1 ROM shows now dockmode, when connected to cradle CRS650 and works perfectly using all benefits from the cradle (charging and speakers)..

robstunner
Old
(Last edited by robstunner; 6th February 2013 at 05:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 510
I had a One X (original dual core version) and it DOES NOT FIT the CR650 dock 100%. if you wiggle it around it will work for a second or so, but the international version and the AT&T version of the original One X have a slightly different POGO layout. Assuming the AT&T X+ has that same layout as the original AT&T One X, it wont fit. When I looked at my old One X with my AT&T One X+, the pogo pins look like they are in the exact same spot.

REF:

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-one-x-d...e-cr-s650.html

Please note: This will NOT fit AT&T HTC One X

-Vulture-
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi there,

just for your information: I have the CR S650 and the international HOX+ here. Charging and speakers work as they should, but theres no dedicated dock mode in terms of software. The HOX+ will rotate when lying in the dock, but the dock app is missing. If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...

jirkab
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vulture- View Post
If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...
No need to flash custom ROM. For dock mode on stock ROM just install two applications: DockMode.apk and HTC_Dock_Screen.apk. That is all. Tested on HOX + international with ROM 1.17.401.1.
Attached Files
File Type: zip htc_dock_mode_screen.zip - [Click for QR Code] (505.7 KB, 249 views)
HTC One & One (M7 & M8)
http://www.kyou.cz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jirkab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dafob
Old
(Last edited by dafob; 22nd February 2013 at 08:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Default CR-S650 modification for AT&T HOX+

After seeing someone mod the CR-S650 to fit the AT&T HOX, I ordered the dock and modified it to work with the HOX+. It was actually a lot easier than I thought because the POGO pins are only shifted over 1 space. So I took it apart, drilled a hole one space over and moved the entire POGO board over 1 slot. Now I have a working CR-S660 for my AT&T HOX+!

Moving the POGO pins over 1 slot lines up w/ the phone horizontally, but it's still a bit off vertically. I had to shave off the two small plastic tabs on the botton of the dock. This most likely means that I won't be able to use a case w/ the phone, but still very happy to have a working dock w/ POGO pins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0859.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1750700   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0860.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1750701   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0861.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1750702  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dafob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Vulture-
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafob View Post
After seeing someone mod the CR-S650 to fit the AT&T HOX, I ordered the dock and modified it to work with the HOX+. It was actually a lot easier than I thought because the POGO pins are only shifted over 1 space. So I took it apart, drilled a hole one space over and moved the entire POGO board over 1 slot. Now I have a working CR-S660 for my AT&T HOX+!

Moving the POGO pins over 1 slot lines up w/ the phone horizontally, but it's still a bit off vertically. I had to shave off the two small plastic tabs on the botton of the dock. This most likely means that I won't be able to use a case w/ the phone, but still very happy to have a working dock w/ POGO pins.
Interesting...so HTC used a different polycarbonat housing for the ATT Hox+? Why did they do such a thing? Are there also different accessoires like car holder and so on which are using the POGO pins?

sportfisio
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: One X speaker/ charging dock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirkab View Post
No need to flash custom ROM. For dock mode on stock ROM just install two applications: DockMode.apk and HTC_Dock_Screen.apk. That is all. Tested on HOX + international with ROM 1.17.401.1.
Tested with HOX+ white, and works great, so many thanks!

korc
Old
(Last edited by korc; 7th March 2013 at 06:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbg View Post
I had the HTC One x and bought the speaker cradle from their website links, when my one x broke I got a one X+ as I thought all the accessories would work, physically they're identical, all cases work, but the dock doesn't work, it charges the phone but doesn't play audio.

There's no good reason for this, as the phones are virtually identical save for a few internal differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vulture- View Post
Hi there,

just for your information: I have the CR S650 and the international HOX+ here. Charging and speakers work as they should, but theres no dedicated dock mode in terms of software. The HOX+ will rotate when lying in the dock, but the dock app is missing. If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...

So it plays audio or not ? I do not care about dock mode, i just want it to work as alarm clock. I'm talking about HOX+ black international version with red buttons and tegra3.
?

-Vulture-
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It does play audio via music player and of course system sounds (ringtone, sms, alarm...), but no loudspeaker during calls. But thats more a problem of the jelly bean update from HTC since it worked with ICS. And i have the One X+ you described, international version.

The Following User Says Thank You to -Vulture- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]