One X speaker/ charging dock?

OP WA_Bob

2nd January 2013, 11:13 AM   |  #11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Doesn't work with one x+
I had the HTC One x and bought the speaker cradle from their website links, when my one x broke I got a one X+ as I thought all the accessories would work, physically they're identical, all cases work, but the dock doesn't work, it charges the phone but doesn't play audio.

There's no good reason for this, as the phones are virtually identical save for a few internal differences.
6th February 2013, 11:35 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Rooted International HOX+ with Custom ViperX 1.0.1 ROM shows now dockmode, when connected to cradle CRS650 and works perfectly using all benefits from the cradle (charging and speakers)..
6th February 2013, 06:11 PM   |  #13  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 534

3,997 posts
More
I had a One X (original dual core version) and it DOES NOT FIT the CR650 dock 100%. if you wiggle it around it will work for a second or so, but the international version and the AT&T version of the original One X have a slightly different POGO layout. Assuming the AT&T X+ has that same layout as the original AT&T One X, it wont fit. When I looked at my old One X with my AT&T One X+, the pogo pins look like they are in the exact same spot.

REF:

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-one-x-d...e-cr-s650.html

Please note: This will NOT fit AT&T HTC One X
Last edited by robstunner; 6th February 2013 at 06:14 PM.
8th February 2013, 11:08 PM   |  #14  
Munich
Thanks Meter: 7

372 posts
More
Hi there,

just for your information: I have the CR S650 and the international HOX+ here. Charging and speakers work as they should, but theres no dedicated dock mode in terms of software. The HOX+ will rotate when lying in the dock, but the dock app is missing. If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...
10th February 2013, 05:16 PM   |  #15  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 35

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vulture-

If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...

No need to flash custom ROM. For dock mode on stock ROM just install two applications: DockMode.apk and HTC_Dock_Screen.apk. That is all. Tested on HOX + international with ROM 1.17.401.1.
Attached Files
File Type: zip htc_dock_mode_screen.zip - [Click for QR Code] (505.7 KB, 270 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jirkab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 07:33 AM   |  #16  
CR-S650 modification for AT&T HOX+
After seeing someone mod the CR-S650 to fit the AT&T HOX, I ordered the dock and modified it to work with the HOX+. It was actually a lot easier than I thought because the POGO pins are only shifted over 1 space. So I took it apart, drilled a hole one space over and moved the entire POGO board over 1 slot. Now I have a working CR-S660 for my AT&T HOX+!

Moving the POGO pins over 1 slot lines up w/ the phone horizontally, but it's still a bit off vertically. I had to shave off the two small plastic tabs on the botton of the dock. This most likely means that I won't be able to use a case w/ the phone, but still very happy to have a working dock w/ POGO pins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0859.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1750700   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0860.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1750701   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0861.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1750702  
Last edited by dafob; 22nd February 2013 at 09:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dafob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 06:49 PM   |  #17  
Munich

372 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafob

After seeing someone mod the CR-S650 to fit the AT&T HOX, I ordered the dock and modified it to work with the HOX+. It was actually a lot easier than I thought because the POGO pins are only shifted over 1 space. So I took it apart, drilled a hole one space over and moved the entire POGO board over 1 slot. Now I have a working CR-S660 for my AT&T HOX+!

Moving the POGO pins over 1 slot lines up w/ the phone horizontally, but it's still a bit off vertically. I had to shave off the two small plastic tabs on the botton of the dock. This most likely means that I won't be able to use a case w/ the phone, but still very happy to have a working dock w/ POGO pins.

Interesting...so HTC used a different polycarbonat housing for the ATT Hox+? Why did they do such a thing? Are there also different accessoires like car holder and so on which are using the POGO pins?
24th February 2013, 12:25 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 2

105 posts
Re: One X speaker/ charging dock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirkab

No need to flash custom ROM. For dock mode on stock ROM just install two applications: DockMode.apk and HTC_Dock_Screen.apk. That is all. Tested on HOX + international with ROM 1.17.401.1.

Tested with HOX+ white, and works great, so many thanks!
6th March 2013, 07:55 AM   |  #19  
Flag Resovia
Thanks Meter: 10

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbg

I had the HTC One x and bought the speaker cradle from their website links, when my one x broke I got a one X+ as I thought all the accessories would work, physically they're identical, all cases work, but the dock doesn't work, it charges the phone but doesn't play audio.

There's no good reason for this, as the phones are virtually identical save for a few internal differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vulture-

Hi there,

just for your information: I have the CR S650 and the international HOX+ here. Charging and speakers work as they should, but theres no dedicated dock mode in terms of software. The HOX+ will rotate when lying in the dock, but the dock app is missing. If you need it back, you have to flash a custom ROM like InsertCoin...

So it plays audio or not ? I do not care about dock mode, i just want it to work as alarm clock. I'm talking about HOX+ black international version with red buttons and tegra3.
?
Last edited by korc; 7th March 2013 at 07:58 PM.
10th March 2013, 01:53 AM   |  #20  
Munich

372 posts
More
It does play audio via music player and of course system sounds (ringtone, sms, alarm...), but no loudspeaker during calls. But thats more a problem of the jelly bean update from HTC since it worked with ICS. And i have the One X+ you described, international version.

The Following User Says Thank You to -Vulture- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread