[ROM] Unofficial Linaro CM 10.1 + Bionic Nightlies *Tutorial Compile yourself!!*

Search This thread

xtcme

Dec 14, 2012
Loving this ROM, just flashed 2/18 gonna give it some time tonight. Using Francos' latest kernel
With this mod is bliss so far.

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com
2/21 - Just a sync with CM. (Sorry haven't had much time to look at bluetooth issue)
Downloads are now hosted by goo.im (consider supporting them!!) The dev-mirrior might not be as up to date now though

eug89

Sep 9, 2009
2/21 - Just a sync with CM. (Sorry haven't had much time to look at bluetooth issue)
Downloads are now hosted by goo.im (consider supporting them!!) The dev-mirrior might not be as up to date now though

Building without the -O3 compiler flags fixes bluetooth in my builds. I'll see if we loose something in terms of performance but I don't think so, sparksco don't use those flags in his roms for example.

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com
Re: [ROM][KANG] Linaro CM 10.1 + Bionic *2/21 Nightly 4.2.2*

Building without the -O3 compiler flags fixes bluetooth in my builds. I'll see if we loose something in terms of performance but I don't think so, sparksco don't use those flags in his roms for example.

Thanks :) perhaps just disable some flags on bluetooth. Will try later

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

eug89

Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, probably it's just a matter of adding LOCAL_CFLAGS := -O2 in the bluedroid makefile. Best thing would be to find out exactly what is the optimization flag included in -O3 that breaks it and disable just that... If you want to try these are the flags that are enabled with -O3 that are not included in -O2: -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone. I'm not sure but if you want to disable just one flag you should add a -fno in front of the flag, for example:
LOCAL_CFLAGS += -fno-inline-functions to disable -finline-functions.

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com
There was a bug in 2/22 with titanium backup not opening at all. Pulled the file and compiling hopefully fix.

Edit: Fixed. New builds have already been uploaded in place

Last edited:

eug89

Sep 9, 2009
There was a bug in 2/22 with titanium backup not opening at all. Pulled the file and compiling hopefully fix.

Edit: Fixed. New builds have already been uploaded in place

I just noticed my last build has the same problem with Titanium, what was the problem?

edit: nevermind, made a new build and problem solved

For the bluetooth issue you can just add a -O2 in external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/Android.mk in LOCAL_CFLAGS +=

Last edited:

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
Thanks for the build guide in post #3.

However, when I had tried to merge your lazy script into my build script I got the following error:

error: pathspec 'linaro-10.1' did not match any file(s) known to git.

Am I doing something wrong?

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
Re: [ROM][KANG] Linaro CM 10.1 + Bionic *2/23 Nightly*

Where do I put the lines in the lazy script to what file? I'm kind of confused on that part is it the repo manifest in my bin directory?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com

From each path on cm Gerrit, need to manually create a new branch named Linaro-cm10.1 then cherry pick the patches. Probably a better way but I r nub with repo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: chasmodo

mrazndead

Aug 7, 2011

Solid clean ROM. Stable and smooth. I'm going to run this till 4.2.3 comes

eug89

Sep 9, 2009
From each path on cm Gerrit, need to manually create a new branch named Linaro-cm10.1 then cherry pick the patches. Probably a better way but I r nub with repo

Just looked at that script; to avoid the problem of having to git pull for every single repo after a repo sync you can create branches using repo start.
From the source directory (from where you repo sync) type:
Code:
repo start <name you want to give to the branch> <project path>
For example, for bionic:
Code:
repo start Linaro-cm10.1 CyanogenMod/android_bionic
In this way you create a branch that gets updated every time you repo sync and it will stay in that branch; no need to checkout back to your branch after a repo sync. Basically, the commits you added will get reapplied on top of the new changes pulled from CyanogenMod's repo.

Last edited:
Reactions: trailblazerz11

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com
Just looked at that script; to avoid the problem of having to git pull for every single repo after a repo sync you can create branches using repo start.

In this way you create a branch that gets updated every time you repo sync and it will stay in that branch; no need to checkout back to your branch after a repo sync. Basically, the commits you added will get reapplied on top of the new changes pulled from CyanogenMod's repo.

Thanks!!! Will try this. I knew there would be a less caveman way to do things but was tunnel visioned on this simple way hehe, I appreciate all the help!!

mrazndead

Aug 7, 2011
Re: [ROM][KANG] Linaro CM 10.1 + Bionic *2/26 Nightly*

I noticed the tablet idle on this ROM is much higher than other Roms. Anyway to lower this?

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com
Re: [ROM][KANG] Linaro CM 10.1 + Bionic *2/26 Nightly*

3/1 build will be out soon
Linaro released a new toolchain update 13.02

I know goo gets a bit slow in peak hours. So mainly as a learning activity, made vps and site to host files. Goo will still and always be used especially for goomanager app.

Please test :D
Site linked in OP as a mirror for now to test how it works out, barebones for now since I've never done any html. No md5s, can check goo to be sure.
Please leave feedback
Thanks all

Sent from my Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After trying other ROM's, I would always come back to CM 10.1 for its infrastructure, stability and clean features, however I still wanted experimental bleeding edge optimizations like the Linaro toolchain.
    These releases will only feature Linaro toolchain and bionic optimizations and keep CM10.1 unaltered for the most part. I did no work whatsover, just compiled with patches by others. If you want to learn how, there's a tutorial on post #3

Instructions

NANDroid
    Wipe/Factory Reset if coming from anything other than CM 10.1 (Seems to be okay to dirty from from non-linaro previous cm nightlies)
    Wipe Cache
    Flash .zip
    Flash custom kernel
    Flash gapps if needed
    Reboot

Download

www.trailblazerz11.com

Goo.im Also Availible on GooManager

Nexus 4 Thread

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may happen.

Credits:
    Cyanogenmod
    Linaro
    Google
    Eug39 for help with errors
    Evan McClain for cm10.1 gerrit patches
    codeworkx for patches
    bricked for kernel patches
    EvoXOhio for helping get this whole thing started

Github
    https://github.com/trailblazerz
    Todays build is an M-Series release, theres a folder for it now. Compiling now
    Re: [ROM] [KANG] Linaro CM 10.1 Nexus 4&7 *2/6*

2/8 nightly uploading
    Synced and mako has new pow() optimization fixed.

New 2/6 build tested and uploaded. Synced fresh from CM and also added some ARMv7 optimizations to bionic

Yeah, probably it's just a matter of adding LOCAL_CFLAGS := -O2 in the bluedroid makefile. Best thing would be to find out exactly what is the optimization flag included in -O3 that breaks it and disable just that... If you want to try these are the flags that are enabled with -O3 that are not included in -O2: -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone. I'm not sure but if you want to disable just one flag you should add a -fno in front of the flag, for example:
    LOCAL_CFLAGS += -fno-inline-functions to disable -finline-functions.