Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 40,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you wear a smart watch?
Yes 86 77.48%
No 9 8.11%
Maybe 16 14.41%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Pebble E-Paper Smart Watch & Note 2 [Review]

Tip us?

Dakota0206
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 638
A quick heads up to anyone that was following, or bid on the Pebble I have listed. I woke up this morning to discover eBay had removed the listing, and suspended my account. I was very confused because I only have positive reviews. I called eBay and they said they just needed to verify my account. I am not sure exactly why, but it had to do with this being the first item I have listed for sale. Everything is good now, but I had to create a new listing. My apologies to anyone effected.
-dakota0206

le0.br4zuc4
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Pebble E-Paper Smart Watch & Note 2 [Review]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota0206 View Post
A quick heads up to anyone that was following, or bid on the Pebble I have listed. I woke up this morning to discover eBay had removed the listing, and suspended my account. I was very confused because I only have positive reviews. I called eBay and they said they just needed to verify my account. I am not sure exactly why, but it had to do with this being the first item I have listed for sale. Everything is good now, but I had to create a new listing. My apologies to anyone effected.
Can you post the link?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
Le0_Br4zUc4 - If you don't have anything nice to say, just shut the **** up!

Current devices:
LTE Galaxy Nexus running AOKP JB M1
LTE Galaxy S3 in running GalaxyMod
LTE Galaxy Note 2 (in search of the perfect ROM)

Former devices:
Too many to post
The Following User Says Thank You to le0.br4zuc4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dakota0206
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by le0.br4zuc4 View Post
Can you post the link?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121071518530...84.m1555.l2649
-dakota0206

h3ck
Old
Thanks Meter 64

Oh wow I thought it had a headphone jack. So that does beg the question, of controlling music. If I have wired headset, I'd have controls. If I have bluetooth headset I'd have controls. Idk if I get it.

Sent from my Note II
My Devices
HTC One (M8)

Proud Android user since 2007 (G1)!

Past Devices: HTC Wing(MDA), G1, Mytouch 3G/4G, iPhone 3G/3GS, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC HD2, BB 9100, LG G2x, Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S III, Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S II, Note 3

jlczl
Old
Thanks Meter 184

Yeah. I had a Metawatch and even though I could control the music from my watch it was easier to do it with the controls on my Bluebuds.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value

s10sdeville
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Not sure about watxh specifically but I know that I can have my phone paired to my truck for calls and then paired to headset at the same time so multiple bluetooth profiles are a go
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s10sdeville For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RambJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Can it say the next direction on Google Navigation when walking, like what it says in the ongoing notification?

Thanks.

Dakota0206
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by RambJoe View Post
Can it say the next direction on Google Navigation when walking, like what it says in the ongoing notification?

Thanks.
I haven't specifically tested this.. But my initial answer is yes. If an app can give a notification, you can get it on the Pebble. There is an Android app in the Play Store called "Pebble Notifier". With that app you can select any app on your phone to send notifications to the Pebble.
-dakota0206

Dakota0206
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 638

One of the concerns of a smart watch is how much will your phones battery life suffer due to the bluetooth connection.

After a few days of testing I have seen zero noticable impact on battery life. I dont know if it is because the Note 2 has such a beast of a battery, or if it is because bluetooth 4.0 just barely sips battery, but I am not kidding. I haven't seen any difference in battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
-dakota0206

scote
Old
Thanks Meter 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota0206 View Post
One of the concerns of a smart watch is how much will your phones battery life suffer due to the bluetooth connection.

After a few days of testing I have seen zero noticable impact on battery life. I dont know if it is because the Note 2 has such a beast of a battery, or if it is because bluetooth 4.0 just barely sips battery, but I am not kidding. I haven't seen any difference in battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
most likely bluetooth 4 is very power efficient, pebble supports it and so does the note2
I'll be getting one of these watches, theres going to be all sorts of apps for them, I think they will be huge and therefore attract developers.

The Following User Says Thank You to scote For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
note ii, pebble, smart, watch