Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do i restore to stock?

Tip us?

Pika007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default How do i restore to stock?

Hi
I Just got myself an optimus G, whoever i got it from forgot to tell me the device is rooted and is running another rom, not the stock.
Anyone knows how do i restore to stock?

I found what supposedly is some version of the stock rom-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2067871
but now i see i need cwm for it. which i currently don't have.

So i searched further and found this-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1979996

Which is perfect for my needs, but- "read the instructions!"
I would, if there were any. I'm not saying anything and everything should include a mountainload of details and steps, but it would be helpful if some of the threads here would include a line or two of explenation for LG noobies. I see people tell others "use fastboot" as it's a given. I have no idea what that even means, and searching did not help much as well...

Any help would be appreciated, i need to get this stock asap, supposed to be a gift.
Thanks.
Always looking to buy GSM phones in good condition (any type of mid-end to premium phones), PM me if you have one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pika007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrZim4
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default Re: How do i restore to stock?

If you're running another rom shouldnt you have a custom recovery?
And if you just want to start fresh go to free node irc channel #lg-optimus-g and at the top is a link for lgnpst just follow the guide there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Pika007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
I have no idea how they did it, but when i boot up there's a startup similat to the nexus. On the other hand, the rom still says "AT&T" and the LG UI is present+it's rooted
Hopping on to the IRC. i already have LGNPST an the .TOT file, just need whatever DLL's that are mentioned...
Always looking to buy GSM phones in good condition (any type of mid-end to premium phones), PM me if you have one.

MrZim4
Old
Thanks Meter 29

I haven't actually used the guide but I'm not in a state to guide anyone through the process at the moment so I will just say follow the guide as well as you can. If I remember right that's the automated version so it should set everything up for you, but I've never used that one so I'm unsure. If you have questions ask in irc or wait till about noon and ask. There's usually a lot of people on at that time

Pika007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Thanks.
I actually got everything and the instructions, only problem is that the damn thing won't go into download mode (unless the fastboot thingy IS download mode, but then i don't know why LGPNST doesn't recognize it...)

MrZim4
Old
Thanks Meter 29

Try to unplug it, turn it off, hold volume up and down then plug it in and tap the power button

The Following User Says Thank You to MrZim4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pika007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Wored, phone flashed to stock.
This really isn't hard, why isn't there a step by step walkthrough on a sticky over here? i think i'll just make one for other lost souls.

Nastybutler
Old
Thanks Meter 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika007 View Post
Wored, phone flashed to stock.
This really isn't hard, why isn't there a step by step walkthrough on a sticky over here? i think i'll just make one for other lost souls.
I think the reason why is because LGNPST is copyrighted software which means XDA doesn't want to provide access to as they'd be violating the DMCA as well as risking pissing off LG who's software it is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
New Phone: LG Nexus 5 D820 (32GB White) "Hammerhead"
Kernel: Franco r32
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KOT49H w/ Xposed framework & Gravity Box tweaks
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Runtime: Dalvik w/ Moto X optimized libraries

Old Phone: LG Optimus G E970 "Geeb"
Kernel: MysteryEmotionz' B20a1
ROM: Vanilla Rootbox (unofficial)
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0

Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 (2013 32GB) "Flo"
Kernel: Franco r3
ROM: Stock 4.4 KMT16S
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4

donharden2002
Old
Thanks Meter 154

DONATE TO ME
Default LGNPST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika007 View Post
I have no idea how they did it, but when i boot up there's a startup similat to the nexus. On the other hand, the rom still says "AT&T" and the LG UI is present+it's rooted
Hopping on to the IRC. i already have LGNPST an the .TOT file, just need whatever DLL's that are mentioned...
Would it be possible to send me the link for LGNPST please?

MrPlNK
Old
Thanks Meter 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by donharden2002 View Post
Would it be possible to send me the link for LGNPST please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZim4 View Post
If you're running another rom shouldnt you have a custom recovery?
And if you just want to start fresh go to free node irc channel #lg-optimus-g and at the top is a link for lgnpst just follow the guide there

This