Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4X HD - stuck on boot animation

Tip us?

DidierDrigbi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] 4X HD - stuck on boot animation

Hi.
I have a problem, which I don't know how to solve.
Of course I had a root. I have installed busy box and trickster MOD in order to disable 3D scaling to boost some games like NFSMW (Actually, it worked!).
With no rebooting I tried to delete PlusOne.apk and PlusOne.odex from system/app to speed my phone (this app running in the background all the time usses the memory). I used Total Commander mounting R/W, but didn't unmount it.
Next I rebooted my phone.
First, it was stuck on Upgrading Android - optimizing apps (i see it for two seconds on every normal boot, so I thought it may take longer this time but after 10 minutes nothing happened). I tried to do a hard reset, and afer doing it, now, the phone is stuck on lg boot animation.
Could you help me solving the problem? Please tell me what was the problem that I can avoid it in future.

laufersteppenwolf
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,199

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidierDrigbi View Post
Hi.
I have a problem, which I don't know how to solve.
Of course I had a root. I have installed busy box and trickster MOD in order to disable 3D scaling to boost some games like NFSMW (Actually, it worked!).
With no rebooting I tried to delete PlusOne.apk and PlusOne.odex from system/app to speed my phone (this app running in the background all the time usses the memory). I used Total Commander mounting R/W, but didn't unmount it.
Next I rebooted my phone.
First, it was stuck on Upgrading Android - optimizing apps (i see it for two seconds on every normal boot, so I thought it may take longer this time but after 10 minutes nothing happened). I tried to do a hard reset, and afer doing it, now, the phone is stuck on lg boot animation.
Could you help me solving the problem? Please tell me what was the problem that I can avoid it in future.
due to the fact that you've played around with your /system/ partition, you've got to reflash stock again...
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds

DidierDrigbi
Old
(Last edited by DidierDrigbi; 24th February 2013 at 11:55 AM.) Reason: Adding question
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default So, what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufersteppenwolf View Post
due to the fact that you've played around with your /system/ partition, you've got to reflash stock again...
So, i have to flash the kdz ROM using this tut: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069723 ?
I understand that deleting anything from there is not a wise idea, I won't make this mistake again?
But not unmounting r/w after mounting it, is ok? Nothing should happen if I didn't delete those files from system partition?

laufersteppenwolf
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,199

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidierDrigbi View Post
So, i have to flash the kdz ROM using this tut: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069723 ?
I understand that deleting anything from there is not a wise idea, I won't make this mistake again?
But not unmounting r/w after mounting it, is ok? Nothing should happen if I didn't delete those files from system partition?
first, yes, you've got to reflash via kdz
second, of course you can delete stuff in /system/ partition BUT you need to know what you are deleting e.g. deleting SystemUI.apk is no good idea at all you can find a "safe list" here on xda in general section
third, unmounting is a part of the shutdown process, so it happens automatically i for one never unmounted anything
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds