No registration required

[Q] Encrypted SD card

OP eschulp

24th February 2013, 12:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello all,

I've had CM10.0 on my One-X and Sophos Security. In a flash of a little paranoia, I decided to encrypt the storage, which worked fine. I want to try a new ROM now, but have to decrypt the storage or just plain format it. Data-loss is not an issue for me. As per Sophos, the only way to remove the encryption, is via a factory reset.

I booted into recovery ( CWM Touch ) and tried the factory reset, reset seemed to go well until it wanted to wipe the SD card, errormessage was unable to mount SD card, most likely because of the encryption.

Well, no problem I thought, I will go back to the stock ROM using an RUU. I have tried two of them now but both keep telling me they're unable to update my device and that I need to get the right Updateversion.

My HTC One has CID HTC__E11, Radio version 5.1204.162.29, sw version 3.14.401.31 and Serial FA29DW100341. I am in Holland and the carrier is T-Mobile NL.

The 2 RUU's I have tried now are:
  1. RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.14.401.27_Radi o_5.1204.162.29_release_298897_signed
  2. RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.14.401.31_R_Ra dio_5.1204.162.29_release_302015_signed

I believe both of these are correct for HTC__E11 CID, but apparently, they're not.

I would really appreciate a little help from the gurus here to get my phone back to the correct stock ROM
Last edited by eschulp; 24th February 2013 at 12:45 PM.
24th February 2013, 12:54 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,797

14,314 posts
Donate to Me
how did you execute the RUU ?

phone in bootloader and locked it ?

fastboot oem lock

Then run the RUU with admin rights from PC, right click the ruu and select als adminstrator uitvoeren. (with the phone still in the bootloader)
24th February 2013, 03:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up Encrypted SD Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

how did you execute the RUU ?

phone in bootloader and locked it ?

fastboot oem lock

Then run the RUU with admin rights from PC, right click the ruu and select als adminstrator uitvoeren. (with the phone still in the bootloader)

Hey Mr Hofs,

Thanks for that one, I did everything except....relock . After I did that it ran like a charm!

It did give me a 'phonestorage damaged' error, but it gave me the option to format it, running that fixed it.

It's back to stock now and working....
24th February 2013, 03:50 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,797

14,314 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [Q] Encrypted SD card
Nice ! :thumbup:

CASE CLOSED !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread