XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GT-N8010 EFS backup needed.

Tip us?

noobzcakes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post GT-N8010 EFS backup needed.

So, I forgot to make backup of EFS and now I'm stuck with bunch of nulls and I can't do anything about them, please help.
-All I'm asking is for someone to make a copy of there's and upload it into internet.-

s2.postimage.org/9l893asq1/Screenshot_2013_02_24_10_26_54.png

jaydubbbbs
Old
Thanks Meter 48
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post37465299

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobzcakes View Post
So, I forgot to make backup of EFS and now I'm stuck with bunch of nulls and I can't do anything about them, please help.
-All I'm asking is for someone to make a copy of there's and upload it into internet.-

I'm certainly no expert, but from what I have read, sharing efs files may not be such a good idea. check out this thread

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:

A copy of my EFS will give you my IMEI not yours .EFS is individual to each phone .
Changing IMEI is illegal and against XDA rules .

jje

noobzcakes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
A copy of my EFS will give you my IMEI not yours .EFS is individual to each phone .
Changing IMEI is illegal and against XDA rules .

jje
I no expert but atleast I know what IMEI is, its a unique identification number assigned to a mobile phone. Not a tablet with wifi I was talking about.

noobzcakes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubbbbs View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post37465299

I'm certainly no expert, but from what I have read, sharing efs files may not be such a good idea. check out this thread
I know what you are trying to say but I'm in a tight spot with what can I do next with my device. My encrypted files that control various ports and functions are corrupted. I literally tried everything. So either I will give a last try with that or pay 80 or more for a repair and I'm a student so I'm tight with the money.

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 488
, NO-ONE se will give you a copy of their EFS file... It essentially means your tab is now working as theirs... You have all my IMEI information. How do I know that you aren't a criminal fishing for a fake phone?
Likely as not but there is the danger in giving out my information. You do the crime and I have the cops knocking on my door....

jaydubbbbs
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
I no expert but atleast I know what IMEI is, its a unique identification number assigned to a mobile phone. Not a tablet with wifi I was talking about.
like I said I'm no expert, but I believe there is an IMEI attached to even the WiFi tablets and is contained within the efs file. doubt it will work but you can try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2088809

noobzcakes
Old
(Last edited by noobzcakes; 25th February 2013 at 02:31 AM.) Reason: Reply dedicated to the wrong user.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
, no-one se will give you a copy of their efs file... It essentially means your tab is now working as theirs... You have all my imei information. How do i know that you aren't a criminal fishing for a fake phone?
Likely as not but there is the danger in giving out my information. You do the crime and i have the cops knocking on my door....
gt-n8010 wifi 16gb

noobzcakes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
, NO-ONE se will give you a copy of their EFS file... It essentially means your tab is now working as theirs... You have all my IMEI information. How do I know that you aren't a criminal fishing for a fake phone?
Likely as not but there is the danger in giving out my information. You do the crime and I have the cops knocking on my door....
Whose talking about a phone here ? Cause it ain't me. I need a WiFi version in which there ain't even any use for it. Why ? Cause its an identification code only used only by GSM, UMTS and LTE networks and its job is to reduce mobile phone theft though blocking the access to them as soon as you report you're device stolen. Also you can not fake you're device location If you're connected directly through a satellite. They can still find you were you at. Why do you think they keep implementing these fancy new technologies into there devices. Not mentioning that IMEI you're using in ever day life. Which is used to identify you're phone calls etc. is stored on you're SIM card which is completely separate from the one on you're device.

I appreciate you're input into resolving my problem but if you gone accuse me of being a criminal then no thank you.

noobzcakes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubbbbs View Post
like I said I'm no expert, but I believe there is an IMEI attached to even the WiFi tablets and is contained within the efs file. doubt it will work but you can try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2088809
The IMEI number is used by a GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing that network. So what could I possibly do with you're IMEI ? Nothing. Why ? Cause even if someone else even tried to use you're IMEI It wouldn't bypass the fact you're SIM card store's one as well and its completely different from the one inside a mobile device. And its not like a can make a copy of you're SIM card for this to actually work. So yes you're personal information's are safe but thanks anyway.