Tablet UI for AOSP/CM10.1 discussion

OP counterfeit187

21st February 2013, 03:15 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 17

49 posts
Re: Tablet UI for AOSP/CM10.1 discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldair

I really am liking AuxLV's idea of an on device app that automatically produces a flashable zip! And I hope that even if this patch that I have attached does work that you will continue to pursue that end. Also feel free to use the attached files if they will help you! The main problem with the method that I am using is that I have to download the original rom zip for every single rom that I want to produce a patch for. Your method would be so much simpler and user friendly.

Ok, that said...

Here is the patch I produced using this rom: cm-10.1-20130219-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip. I don't know if it will work on other variants of the device(3g) but if it is shown to work on grouper I could produce the same for other devices.

THE ATTACHED ZIPS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED AT ALL. I DON'T OWN A NEXUS 7 . FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
... And make a backup first!!!

On my tab2 I had to boot into a clean CM install once, then reboot to recovery and flash the patch with CWM.

The second attached zip will restore all your normal files / Phablet. Feel free to link to this but please no mirrors at this point.

I await feedback, I have subscribed to this thread.

Good Luck.

Thank you for the zip. I tried flashing the patch with twrp but when my tablet rebooted, it was still in phablet mode. And as far as I can tell, its running just the same as before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to xparagonx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 03:25 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 665

591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xparagonx

Thank you for the zip. I tried flashing the patch with twrp but when my tablet rebooted, it was still in phablet mode. And as far as I can tell, its running just the same as before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Ok thanks for testing it out, sorry its not working... I made a similar mod for the 10" tab 2 that didnt work until you changed dpi up... Current workaround with xposed app settings for Android System @ 180dpi instead of stock 160. This seems very strange to me but it works. Its screen is 800x1280, mine is 600x1024.

I hope this is somehow usefull to someone, as I know too well your disdain for Phablet.
Last edited by Caldair; 21st February 2013 at 03:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caldair For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 05:50 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 317

1,032 posts
Yea I can't stand phablet, just doesn't make sense to me. Right now I'm on codefirex.. But I would love to have a mod for cm10.1 or aosp so I could flash prime dd02 and update it.
21st February 2013, 09:06 PM   |  #34  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 13

241 posts
any update from OP? AuxLV?
21st February 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #35  
Flag Terrace
Thanks Meter: 691

1,421 posts
More
Anyone tried auxlv app yet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2013, 03:20 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 317

1,032 posts
Idk if aux has dropped alpha2? But I've been found some reading about the xposed framework installer. Would it be possible to use the xposed app to download and enable the tablet ui trigger module for it? Or would it not work on latest version of android?
22nd February 2013, 04:09 AM   |  #37  
Flag Lenexa
Thanks Meter: 1,667

1,777 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah actually I tried installing the tab ui module but it wouldnt show up in my app drawer, or anywhere hope it works for you or anyone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to azoller1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 01:05 PM   |  #38  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 716

430 posts
Donate to Me
More
I will get back to hacking this weekend, sorry. Don't have much free time during work week.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuxLV For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 02:04 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 665

591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoller1

Yeah actually I tried installing the tab ui module but it wouldnt show up in my app drawer, or anywhere hope it works for you or anyone

The Xposed Tablet UI module doesn't show up anywhere except in the Xposed Installer, under the Modules tab. You have to tick the box to enable Tablet UI module then reboot. There is no visible app at all.
24th February 2013, 12:59 PM   |  #40  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 18

327 posts
Donate to Me
More
I hate to chip in with a bit of a negative conspiracy theory but i am starting to think why can't we have TabUI with CM10.
For those of you whom don't know Joe Levi, he is pocketnow's vivid supporter/advertiser/lover for CyanogenMod on all nexus devices
If you filter through Joe Levi vid demonstrations on the nexus 10 once he had installed CM10 it was running tableUI. This I have questioned on many threads but have not managed to get an answer. What is the difference between Nexus 10 and 7. Apart from the obvious, they have different chips.
That argument doesnt stand with me. If i can run Abuntu on the same system I am running windows where's the problem and why are we not getting any closer when so many good people are on it.......?

I really hope i am wrong but i am starting to think this thread is just to keep us that want tabUI away from CM10 thread. I feel we are not going to get it because there is politics at play. I hope the good people can prove this idiot wrong.....
Last edited by veroby; 24th February 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, cyanogenmod, nexus7, tablet ui, tabletui
Previous Thread Next Thread