Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

[OFF-TOPIC + SANCTUARY] Desire S Users Hangout Lounge

OP olyloh6696

24th February 2013, 10:58 AM   |  #801  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 747

2,165 posts
More
Re: [OFF-TOPIC + SANCTUARY] Desire S Users Hangout Lounge
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisname

but we can place calls on the note 8.0

Sent from my supercharged :tank:

Keep it in the bag, use a bluetooth headset

Tapatalked from Desire S running Andromadus
24th February 2013, 11:03 AM   |  #802  
Thanks Meter: 1,981

13,208 posts
More
I'm after some suggestions for an faq to go on post 3 of the help thread, any ideas

”How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!’” - Unknown
24th February 2013, 11:10 AM   |  #803  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 518

2,488 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es

I'm after some suggestions for an faq to go on post 3 of the help thread, any ideas

”How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!’” - Unknown

"wifi isn't working after flashing xxxx ROM"

24th February 2013, 11:12 AM   |  #804  
Flag Graz
Thanks Meter: 2,169

2,968 posts
Donate to Me
More
AW: [OFF-TOPIC + SANCTUARY] Desire S Users Hangout Lounge
Quote:

but we can place calls on the note 8.0

As you can on the n7, if it would be a phablet there would be no wifi only variant.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 11:41 AM   |  #805  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 1,530

3,516 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal1ty_18_RUS

Sell the iPad - get the Nexus 10

That seems like a great idea IMO, the iPad will easily get enough, plus the N10 is considered the fastest current gen android device (even though it's dual core). Though iPad is considered better, you won't have to jump across ecosystems, and with DataSync or Carbon, you can sync data across your phone and tab. No need to repurchase apps either

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughie

Take the S3, sell your S2 to buy a Nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

This seems nice too, I'm loving the S3 and N7 combo I usually use the N7 at home so I have enough battery on my S3 when I need it outside, since barely lasts a day even with mild usage.

Quote:

guys have u seen Sammy 's galaxy note 8.0? its a little overkill isn't it? i
can't imagine taking a 8 inch phablet on my ear.

The device seems nice (direct shot at iPad mini ) but the button layout is slightly weird and it looks like a giant phone. Even though suku has a point, and many people will buy and use it as their primary phone, it does look pretty ridiculous to see someone with a tab to their ear. I have seen a LOT of people using the Galaxy Tab 7 2 in the same manner, and it looks worse than those who click pictures with their iPads
24th February 2013, 12:06 PM   |  #806  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 460

2,943 posts
More
Samsung has gone mad with GNote 8.0

Although the size of the device itself seems nice. I wish there was a Nexus tablet with the same form
24th February 2013, 02:03 PM   |  #807  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,548

7,602 posts
More
Thanks for the responses regarding the S3/iPad.

Not surprised to see most are pointing towards the S3, since we are all fandroids.

Thanks for the different suggestions, I have thought about them all. I won't be looking to sell either of the devices, so I won't consider that option. This is mainly due to the hassle and inconvenience for me.

Looking at it this way, if I get the S3, it will kind of make my S2 redundant, as it will replace all my functions for my daily phone. (S2 could be my backup like the DS is now, but its kinda pointless). Whereas if I get the iPad, I will still use my S2 as my main phone, and I will now have a much better tablet.

I'm quite sure the S3 will get KLP sometime down the line, but the S2 most likely will not. I can see the iPad getting future iOS support for at least 2 major updates. (However knwong Apple, they strip a lot if features out)

So enigmaamit and pughie, are you guys going to hang on to the S3, or upgrade to the S4?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 02:10 PM   |  #808  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 1,530

3,516 posts
More
Well, the way I see it, the only major thing they can change in the S4 is the screen resolution (which they certainly will). A 5 inch screen seems possible, but not likely. As far as the processor is concerned, I don't think we need anything more than 4 cores, my phone already has more proccessing power than my PC So, the S4 shouldn't be as big an update as the S3 was, just like the One. Pughie already switched to the Nexus 4 though.
24th February 2013, 02:15 PM   |  #809  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,548

7,602 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrome99

Well, the way I see it, the only major thing they can change in the S4 is the screen resolution (which they certainly will). A 5 inch screen seems possible, but not likely. As far as the processor is concerned, I don't think we need anything more than 4 cores, my phone already has more proccessing power than my PC So, the S4 shouldn't be as big an update as the S3 was, just like the One. Pughie already switched to the Nexus 4 though.

Ah oops, forgot he did!

Yeah, to be honest, I feel that 2013 flagship hardware doesn't seem that impressive, based on what we've seen from the Xperia Z and One. I used a Xperia Z yesterday, and to be honest, I cannot tell the difference in the PPI compared to say, a iPhone 5 or S3. Like Apple once said, the human eye cannot distinguish above 300PPI, so why are manufacturers increasing it more? Surely it makes minimal difference. And will result in more CPU power required and poorer battery life?

Also, I found the Xperia Z screen to look quite washed out, colours don't appear to stand out very well.

I don't know why this device got so much hype, I don't think its anything groundbreaking.

Oh, anyone seen the Google Glasses? Looks amazing in the demos, however I wonder how practical it will actually be in real life.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 02:59 PM   |  #810  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 518

2,488 posts
More
is there any daredevil willing to take the risk and flash stock ics on their DS? it seems that htc still remembers our DS. There is an OTA update coming.it would be nice if someone could tell us what had changed. more info:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2162855

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread