Default Re: Demo units.....updated 23/2/13

Dont worry there will be lots of vids from MWC shortly

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

Phil750123
Old
Thanks Meter 61
There is one in the birmingham bull ring p4u store

Had a play the other day very nice
Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep.

Current:
HTC One Silver 32gb [3]
Nook HD+ 9 [CM10]
HTC Sensation [Vodafone, running cm10]

Previous:
HTC Desire [T-mobile , Rooted, RCMixHD Rom]
HTC Diamond [Using Android 1.6 and windows 6.1]
N95
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil750123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

craftycarper1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil750123 View Post
There is one in the birmingham bull ring p4u store

Had a play the other day very nice
Thanks Phil, OP updated, was it you in another thread that said you had a play in a Birmingham store?
↑↑↑ Click above for my Userbars ↑↑↑

RCJ89
Old
Thanks Meter 198
It has been advised by the HTC staff that go around demoing the phones to shops that the demo units are running atleast 2 month old software and is not retail software.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver
The Following User Says Thank You to RCJ89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phil750123
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycarper1 View Post
Thanks Phil, OP updated, was it you in another thread that said you had a play in a Birmingham store?
yer i mentioned it on the uk pre order thread
Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep.

Current:
HTC One Silver 32gb [3]
Nook HD+ 9 [CM10]
HTC Sensation [Vodafone, running cm10]

Previous:
HTC Desire [T-mobile , Rooted, RCMixHD Rom]
HTC Diamond [Using Android 1.6 and windows 6.1]
N95

craftycarper1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 240
So, any more of you lucky folk in the UK found somewhere to play with the One?

RCJ89
Old
Thanks Meter 198
hello Guys I have a update for this thread.

Three store islington angel - London has a demo unit however the guy is such a pr**k and won't let anyone play with it. He claims it is his personal phone when I know it isn't because I saw him in the morning but because I had to go somewhere i said to him i will come back after he said ok. When I went back he was on lucnh and I asked the staff they said I would have to wait for him to come back as he was the only one with the demo and demoing it to customers then when he came hes telling me its his personal phone.
I thought you know what let me leave it because the staff in the three store in islington angel are FOS anyway, no wonder when I walk past it is always empty and there is like 6 or so staff members sitting in there twiddling their thumbs or talking aboslute rubbish amongst themselves on top of that they are absolutely clueless about phones but that's another matter.

Also three store in Kilburn - London also has a demo unit thankfully they let you play with it. So far all the three stores that have the demo units they are not bolted down to anything, the staff members have it around their necks.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver
The Following User Says Thank You to RCJ89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

craftycarper1
Old
(Last edited by craftycarper1; 26th February 2013 at 06:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 240
Thanks chief, OP updated.

I was in my local 3 store (AGAIN) yesterday looking for a unit to play with, the young lad who approached me as i walked in store asked if i was after anything, i said i wanted a One to play with, he told me that it was only announced a couple of days ago......i told him i already had it on pre order since last Tuesday, he sort of looked as if i was lying, then said they wouldn't have any for a while because it's not out yet, i pointed out the Xperia Z that they have had for the last few weeks wasn't out either and he just shrugged his shoulders, i then pointed at the big A frame in the store front that showed a big pre order poster with the One on it.....again he just shrugged.......kids eh?

djbenny1
Old
Thanks Meter 284
haha yea, i swear it never ceases to amaze me how little the people who work in these retail outlets (not just phones) know about their products.

usually i just nod and agree when i realise that i know more than they do lol

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbenny1 View Post
haha yea, i swear it never ceases to amaze me how little the people who work in these retail outlets (not just phones) know about their products.

usually i just nod and agree when i realise that i know more than they do lol
Cant agree more but at least you can cut straight through the BS though and put them on the spot

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycarper1 View Post
Thanks chief, OP updated.

I was in my local 3 store (AGAIN) yesterday looking for a unit to play with, the young lad who approached me as i walked in store asked if i was after anything, i said i wanted a One to play with, he told me that it was only announced a couple of days ago......i told him i already had it on pre order since last Tuesday, he sort of looked as if i was lying, then said they wouldn't have any for a while because it's not out yet, i pointed out the Xperia Z that they have had for the last few weeks wasn't out either and he just shrugged his shoulders, i then pointed at the big A frame in the store front that showed a big pre order poster with the One on it.....again he just shrugged.......kids eh?
Hopefully next week we should be able to play around with the phone in at least a couple of stores without a trip to london or birmingham.