Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone heard of this one? Scratchs on screen?

Tip us?

bigpapax
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Anyone heard of this one? Scratchs on screen?

I was over at the Verizon store yesterday doing something totally unrelated, when I pulled out my DNA TO READ a text and this (up to this point) salesperson, was doing quite well. He then tried to sell me a screen protecter, saying it was "critical I have one to protect my warranty." He went on to explain that if the phone is returned for warranty for any reason, that if they can see any, including extremely minor hard to see scratches, the warranty is NULL AND VOID. I told him THAT is the worst salespitch I have ever heard. He then proceded to try and find a minor scratch by looking at my screen in any angle and light (and couldn'tfind one). Said I was extremely lucky to have had this phone since launch day and not have any scratchs, and AGAIN tried to sell me a screen protecter. Huh???

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

bigpapax
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: Anyone heard of this one? Scratchs on screen?

I might add, that I am an extremely heavy (addicted) smartphone user (using phone all day for business and all night for personal use.) To this point, I have had 2 blackberry's, a fascinate, a nexus, and now DNA. Never had a screen protecter on any phone, and have had a few extremely (hard to detect) scratches over the years. (told him THAT and he is telling me I am the luckiest guy in town). I am still laughing.

iArtisan
Old
Thanks Meter 38
He's just doing his job man, chill out.

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 151

Even though this is gorilla glass 2 it can still scratch, obviously it's harder to scratch but I feel safer with one on and have always had screen protectors on mine and sometines they save large scratches from happening. The ones at verizon suck as they don't cover the entire screen but I think having one is a nice added later of protection. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Jrocker23
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post
Even though this is gorilla glass 2 it can still scratch, obviously it's harder to scratch but I feel safer with one on and have always had screen protectors on mine and sometines they save large scratches from happening. The ones at verizon suck as they don't cover the entire screen but I think having one is a nice added later of protection. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
The droid dna protectors cover the whole screen except for the camera and sensor cutouts...
HTC One
Try Out DropBox, get your files when you need them, its free http://db.tt/LUr0eAv

atishpatel2012
Old
Thanks Meter 21
That is a pretty bad sales pitch but he was just doing his job so meh. screen protectors are something i don't like so will avoid unless seriously convinced other wise

Sjflowerhorn
Old
Thanks Meter 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
The droid dna protectors cover the whole screen except for the camera and sensor cutouts...
The Verizon one covers the screen and buttons, but there is still glass exposed especially if you don't have a case on as well.

(Sense)DROID DNA
(WATCH/AOSP?))Moto MotoACTV Smartwatch
(GED)Nexus 7 by Asus 1.8 GHz CPU 600 MHz GPU
(WATCH)S.E. SmartWatch
(GED)Galaxy Nexus (Gave to Baby Mamma)
(WATCH)S.E. LiveView (crap)
(GED)Moto Xoom(sold)
(BLUR)DROID Bionic (gave to baby mama)
(E-READER)Nook Color (donated)
(BLUR)DROID X (sold)
(WACK)Haipad m7001 (RIP)
(SENSE)DROID Incredible (Gave to Baby Mamma)
(GED)Moto DROID (sold)
(SENSE)DROID Eris (sold)

jlevy73
Old
Thanks Meter 1228
I can speak first hand that the screen definitely scratches (i have about 6 or so). That being said, it did withstand a face down drop from about 2 feet.