Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 51,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LiveView reverse-engineering effort

Tip us?

GottZ
Old
(Last edited by GottZ; 24th February 2013 at 11:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
ohai evryone.

(check out renze's post on the previous page)

i've cleaned my stuff a little and here it is:

in case you cannot see the image

all you need to run it is to put this:
https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+download

into the base of my extracted tarball.
i had it there named as gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_7-2012q4

in case it differs, simply change it in firmware/Makefile

install dfu-util and minicom and change the usb port minicom shall use within the Makefile.

navigate to the firmware directory through a console

use make dump to create a firmware dump of your installed firmware into the "original" folder.
through make orig you can restore the original firmware onto the liveview

through make you can compile the firmware

through make copy you can copy the compiled firmware onto your liveview

through make term you can open minicom (CTRL+A Q will close minicom)

sadly i've screwed the usb terminal somehow. i dont know what i broke but maybe you can fix it if i dont do it before you.
the reason what broke my usb terminal was an application on my laptop called: "modemmanager" wich handles usb 3g modems and sends AT+GCAP<CR> to any usb device D:

to the changes from exception13's last build:
- i disabled his frame update thread and added a method (framebuffer_draw) that draws the framebuffer onto the screen (not clean)
- i added gdispGetPixelColor wich reads from the framebuffer
- i added two terminal commands that allow you to enable or disable multiple colors at once and change their speed. simply look into the source to see how they work. (led_enable, led_disable)
- i changed other various things too. cant remember. you shall diff it if you want to know it.

and now here is the download link

PS:
if you want to edit the clock, simply edit aclock.htm, run it in a webkit browser, save the textarea into aclock.h and recompile it to see changes.
Nexus 4 (stock KitKat + GravityBox) Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet (stock ICS + root)
(lieing around somewhere) HTC Desire Z (Android 4.2.2) XDA Touch Diamond (Windows Mobile 6.1)
(thrown away) Sony Ericsson W850i ← Sony Ericsson T160 ← Motorola Talkabout T191 ← Nokia 5130 ← Nokia 5110 ← Alcatel One Touch Easy ← Motorola M3888
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GottZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beemerTPPC
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8
I've just found this thread and removed dust from my LV Thanks for the effort. Seems promising.

Maybe I can help. I'm an android dev with many apps on the play market including sseveral live view plugins, so if you need help with any part of the project, tell me. I've tried to clone the repository in the first post but seems that it is outdated because last commit is from January,6.

About the project, I've used it only for an hour, but seems very well done. Do you plan support for standard LV plugins? Do you plan integration of automatic reconnection?
Miguel Sesma (beemer)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beemerTPPC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GottZ
Old
(Last edited by GottZ; 24th February 2013 at 01:24 PM.) Reason: got RTC working :D
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerTPPC View Post
I've just found this thread and removed dust from my LV Thanks for the effort. Seems promising.

Maybe I can help. I'm an android dev with many apps on the play market including sseveral live view plugins, so if you need help with any part of the project, tell me. I've tried to clone the repository in the first post but seems that it is outdated because last commit is from January,6.

About the project, I've used it only for an hour, but seems very well done. Do you plan support for standard LV plugins? Do you plan integration of automatic reconnection?
this project (as you can see in post 1) is dead.
it has been continued by other devs and lives on now.

if you want to see the current progress (wich is stunning), pm renzenicolai, look at the google code page or wait till someone replies.
also take a look at post 730 (wich is the one before my last post) wich contains usefull information about the current state.

on openliveview.com you cannot see much yet but there is at least the google code link and a link to this thread. (just telling you so you only need to remember this url to come back here)

edit:

got RTC working
(lieing around somewhere) HTC Desire Z (Android 4.2.2) XDA Touch Diamond (Windows Mobile 6.1)
(thrown away) Sony Ericsson W850i ← Sony Ericsson T160 ← Motorola Talkabout T191 ← Nokia 5130 ← Nokia 5110 ← Alcatel One Touch Easy ← Motorola M3888
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gerek
Old
(Last edited by Gerek; 24th February 2013 at 04:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottZ View Post
ohai evryone.

PS:
if you want to edit the clock, simply edit aclock.htm, run it in a webkit browser, save the textarea into aclock.h and recompile it to see changes.
can do here like this?

GottZ
Old
(Last edited by GottZ; 25th February 2013 at 06:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerek View Post
can do here like this?

not through that file. that would require a different clock implementation
BUT

i do think about doing a digital clock in that style aswell.

@renze:
music seems broken. will digg at it later unless you want to try it yourself
The Following User Says Thank You to GottZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

renzenicolai
Old
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottZ View Post
music seems broken. will digg at it later unless you want to try it yourself
Just tried: I forgot a break in the navigation switch code...
I uploaded fixed source code to google.
The Following User Says Thank You to renzenicolai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vegaspete
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cyanogen mod 10.1 android 4.2.2 compatibility

Is there any news on making OLV work on newer roms? Just curious, because this looks much nicer than sony's app, but I can't get it to sync with either my phone or nexus 7 running cm 10.1 nightlies.
tia.

renzenicolai
Old
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspete View Post
Is there any news on making OLV work on newer roms? Just curious, because this looks much nicer than sony's app, but I can't get it to sync with either my phone or nexus 7 running cm 10.1 nightlies.
tia.
Nope, OLV works on some Android 4.2 roms, but I tried cm 10.1 myself and it fails on the bluetooth stack. I can't do anything about it and I think Google's engineers are to blame since OLV is not the only thing with bluetooth issues on android 4.2 (example).

I suggest you keep running on cm 10 untill the problems with Android 4.2 are fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to renzenicolai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fixxxer667
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Mind you, if the liveview doesn't even connect either via OLV or the Sony application, there is a slight chance that reflashing the (stock) liveview firmware via the sony update tool will fix it.
It had happened to me while I was switching from ICS to JB, and I thought it was the rom, but it worked just fine afterwards, so give it a shot..

GottZ
Old
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Default AW: LiveView reverse-engineering effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer667 View Post
Mind you, if the liveview doesn't even connect either via OLV or the Sony application, there is a slight chance that reflashing the (stock) liveview firmware via the sony update tool will fix it.
It had happened to me while I was switching from ICS to JB, and I thought it was the rom, but it worked just fine afterwards, so give it a shot..
we or i shall definitely get our own firmware updater for windows ready..

(in case anyone want to know my progress: i will upload my sources tomorrow. it now displays certain live data like analog signals from all 4 touch buttons, digital representation of touch states of all 6 buttons, some changes to how exception13 got that data and access to the original serial number and bluetooth address.)

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda-developers app

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GottZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
github, livelierview, liveview, reverse-engineer