Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] free sim unlock for i717!!

Tip us?

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley View Post
Not to be rude but people need to stop expecting everything spoon fed to them around here.
I couldn't agree more. There are instructions. If you can't do it then maybe you need to move on.
Please use search before posting your question.
Be kind to the devs! Without them, XDA is just a bunch of jerks bickering.

qaz393
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the was no flash instruction. i assumed odin after opening the zip....

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
the was no flash instruction. i assumed odin after opening the zip....
I'm not here to argue. If there were no instructions then how do you think I did it? In the OP there is a link to another thread that tells you how to do it. Spend some time, read, and learn like the rest of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to kimtyson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crixley
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,042
radio link is back up for those interested

also edited first post to be extra noob friendly. if this doesn't help than nothing will

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Quote:
edited first post to be extra noob friendly. if this doesn't help than nothing will
I think it was Abe Lincoln who said you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't please em all ,all of the time. Or words to that effect. lol.
And of course there is the, you can lead a horse to water but getting it to drink is sometimes impossible.
Your efforts are appreciated Crixley!
The Following User Says Thank You to kimtyson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djafoul05
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
hmm the site does appear to be down I'll give it a couple hours and if it still is I'll try and upload it myself
thxxxxxxxx

rafaperez3d
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Worked perfectly on a Canadian Bell Galaxy Note, and at the same time enabled my Mobilicity SIM thanks to Vibrant modem.
Thanks!

AdShea
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Did this a week ago, had to flash a stock ICS first, but the unlock worked and I'm now on the nice $30 T-mo plan.

hillg001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
So you successfully flashed the t-mobile modem, unlocked using this method and then reflashed the AT&T or Rogers modem without issue?
I"ve flashed back to 100% stock ATT to reset the counter for repair work. Then flashed to more current ROM when I got it back - and no, it didn't wipe the unlock for running on t-mo.

pipegame
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I used the GT-N7005 ROM and i couldnt get it to work with a tmobile sim although i was able to get the menu to start which wasnt happening on jellybam 6.4 or kingkangers older i think ICS. Switched to the at&t sim and the menu items switched to match the ones on this post(the numbers didnt match up but the menu items were there just under different numbers) then the unlock worked. Sorry if that is hard to make sense of.