Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from beanstown106: Alliance Rom Build 26 is Now Live!!

★☞ [Rom][4.3] AllianceRom - Build 26 THE Most Customisable TW ROM On ANY Device [04/27/14][Aroma][MJ9] ☜★

Tip us?

rotarynerd
Old
(Last edited by rotarynerd; 24th February 2013 at 11:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Default Global Mode?

Is anyone using this ROM outside of the states and having problems?

I have added the correct APN and everything correctly, but it keeps asking me "Switch to Global mode?" numerous times.

When I click "OK" it suddenly drops signal, asks me "Switch to Global mode?" and it's a nonstop cycle from there.

I do admit that I did a dirty flash, but because I thought it had affected it, I did a whole cache/dalvik/system/factory reset in TWRP.

If this keeps going on, I'm going to have to reflash Build 8 (what I was on previously till Build 10 came out)

If anyone has some insight on this, that'd be great!

Edit:
If I remember correcty, Build 8 had options for Global and what not under the "Mobile Networks" settings, but all I see now are "Mobile Data", "Global Data Roaming Access", "Roaming", "Signal Strength", "Access Point Names" and "Network operators"(Which is inaccessible btw). Is this right?

chelper
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly'Beans' - Build 10 [02/21/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4

Thanks for a great rom beans.

Confirmation number: 1XS913210R1698613

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Ibkevin
Old
Thanks Meter 315
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly'Beans' - Build 10 [02/21/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flascrnwrtr View Post
You may want to read this and any posts related to the subject. Mine got stuck on roaming and I had to have it replaced. That was before I realized others had the same issue (GS3 and N2). Hopefully, you can find a way to get it reset.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1852255

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for posting that link. Very informative. Going to give it a shot today just to be backed up n safe. Thank you again though. :thumbup:

jmill75
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME

Just tried using tw launcher, no luck. Sucks cause I hate the lock screen wallpaper I have now. May have to reflash.

sting5566
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill75 View Post
Just tried using tw launcher, no luck. Sucks cause I hate the lock screen wallpaper I have now. May have to reflash.

I'm using Nova and have had no issues with changing my lock screen wallpaper.

lgoldstein
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME

Apex launcher let's me change the locks creepy no problem.

I'm not sure if this is a Beans issue or not, I just updated to SwiftKey 4 and now I'm having issues with typing. I flashed v10 and SK4 on the same day which is causing my confusion. When I go to enter data into a text field, my keyboard doesn't pop up or it does but nothing inputs. I have to go to settings/language and input/ and recheck which keyboard to use. Anyone else having difficulties?
If I've helped you out, or you like what I said, hit the Thanks button or buy me a beer if you are so inclined

Current Device's:Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Unlocked Galaxy Note N7000, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, iPhone 4s, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 2x Galaxy Tab 2 7.0s, Kindle Fire, iPod Touch 4th Gen, Nook Color, Nabi Jr. (Too many?)
Retired Device's: HTC Droid DNA, Droid Charge, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, Blackberry Bold, LG Octane, LG Envy 3

KGBxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill75 View Post

Make sure you're using the TW gallery to change lockscreen wallpaper.

I like beer and so should you.
8"

guthrien
Old
Thanks Meter 160

I have to change wallpapers from settings or my system crashes. Works fine from in there though.
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Verizon; Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

CAPTainJRacine
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgoldstein View Post
Apex launcher let's me change the locks creepy no problem.

I'm not sure if this is a Beans issue or not, I just updated to SwiftKey 4 and now I'm having issues with typing. I flashed v10 and SK4 on the same day which is causing my confusion. When I go to enter data into a text field, my keyboard doesn't pop up or it does but nothing inputs. I have to go to settings/language and input/ and recheck which keyboard to use. Anyone else having difficulties?
I've had this issue twice. On stock, it was due to some issue with SwiftKey. Had to occasionally do what you did above.Never found out why it was doing it

On Beans, it turned out to be due to SPen keyboard switcher in Custom Settings. Not sure if you use it. I had the Samsung keyboard come out for Spen, and had frozen 4.1 Keyboard to use the market Paid version of 4.1 keyboard (to resize keys), but hadn't linked it to this new version of the 4.1 keyboard. Once I corrected the settings in the SPen Keyboard Switcher, I stopped having issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAPTainJRacine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zues532
Old
Thanks Meter 25

Is there ever a chance we could see tablet mode as an option in aroma? I loved the mod, but I couldn't get it working on build 9.

This is hands down the best performing rom I've used for the Note 2, but lately I've been using PA just for the tablet mode.