Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 86 32.70%
Somewhat Easy 40 15.21%
Easy 70 26.62%
Difficult 28 10.65%
Somewhat Difficult 16 6.08%
Very Difficult 23 8.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Tip us?

prokennexusa
Old
(Last edited by prokennexusa; 24th February 2013 at 12:31 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows - Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELASCO View Post
[CODE]Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
BELASCO,

By the time you arise we will be a sleep! Yes, your information was very helpful thank you.

When you get up, download and extract the update, use 7-Zip to extract it, I do not trust WinZip. I left you quite a post that includes several steps to try. Be sure you go back through the posts to find it, probably 5 posts behind this one Post Number 1017.

When you extract the update, please extract it to a folder on your desktop, then copy and past the entire contents of the KFFirstAide64 to C:\KFFirstAide answer YES to overwriting the files. Create a new shortcut per post #1017: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1017

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 02:19 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

7-Zip for Windows 32-bit: Download

7-Zip for Windows 64-bit: Download

Oracle Java SE Update: Java SE Development Kit 7u15

Oracle Java SE 7u15 32-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-i586.exe

Oracle Java SE 7u15 64-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-x64.exe
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows - Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekor8tor View Post
Hi Chris

variable value = %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\Sy stem32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShel l\v1.0\;C:\ KFFirstAide
dekor8tor,

As long as it looks like the exact same place as the screen shots the I will say OK. Plug the Kindle into USB, make sure Enable ADB is ON under More + Security. You will know you got it correct when you can drop to command anywhere like C:\Windows\System32 and type the following:

Code:
cd C:\Windows\System32
adb kill-server
adb wait-for-device
adb devices
If you get a serial number you did it! If you do not look in the Windows Device Manager, what do you see? Do you see:

Kindle > Android ADB Interface
Portable Devices > Kindle

Please update us tomorrow, we are going to bed soon.

We made some important changes to Rev 60, please download and extract the complete package. Be careful to NOT create a second folder inside of C:\KFFirstAide OK? The best poractice is to download the new package to your desktop, use 7-Zip to unzip it, then transfer copy and paste all the files and folders in the desktop package. So when you extract on the desktop you will have a folder named KFFirstAide64 or KFFirstAide32, open this folder, select all the items and choose COPY, then navigate to C:\KFFirstAide and open this folder, then Right Hand Mouse click over the C:\KFFirstAide folder and select Paste. Be sure to answer YES to overwriting the contents.

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 02:19 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Storage Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows - Bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan View Post
Prokennexusa,

Sorry it's not working, I am still stuck on the blue kindle logo
AmrBanawan,

Is it the usual Blue logo or is it the broken blue logo? If you plug it into USB does the device Manager pick it up? What is the model is it a Kindle Fire HD 8.9"? Do you have a Factory USB Cable? Where are you, in the US? I could overnight you a Factory USB Cable. Please respond with these answers and we will see what we can do to get you back online. If we have to I can get you a new one through Amazon,so do not worry, these are the risks when we are tinkering.

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows - Root

Quote:
hi chris i ran those cmds again and i think i have got the path right now
dekor8tor,

Looks great! Great work! I am going to bed soon it is 4:47am. Please download the update, run Option 21 to Root.

Be sure to setup the shortcut per the setup instructions on Page 1 in this thread, please take a few moments to read the post and setup the shortcut properly otherwise the software will fail to run properly.

The key posts are to Create a shortcut to the desktop from C:\KFFirstAide\RunMe.bat as per the instructions then Right Mouse Click Properties on the shortcut and check "Run As Administrator".

After you are 100% sure you set it up properly, then launch the software run a Option 11 test, if it passes Run Option 21 to Root.

Be sure to pay close attention to the Kindle for 2 things:

1st: The Restore - Click on Restore when you see it show up on the Kindle. Then pay close attention to our software there will be times you need to press any key to continue

2nd: Pay attention to a SuperSU or Superuser Pop-up or Request on the Kindle, be sure to Allow or Grant the request.

DO NOT install the Google Play or Google Apps until we are 100% sure you have Root, OK? If something fails, post the failures. As the Root process runs there may be minor errors, these can be expected since we are Exploiting the Kindle to Root it. If you have additional questions I will be back up in about 8 hours.

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Username View Post
downloading now at 40 kB/s
In other words: Please upload it where you have uploaded it before
Random Username,

Your ISP must be throttling Dropbox accounts that is terrible I would complain to your ISP. We have an Unlimited Dropbox account with Unlimited bandwidth. This is a business Dropbox account your ISP has no business doing this! Anyway, it will take me some time, I have to upload the update manually to the other account, this will not be done before I go to sleep, we will have to give you the links tomorrow when we wake up, sorry, it is 4:57am, I have to get to bed!

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.60-Beta for Windows

Quote:
Ok thanks for that chris i will give that a try thanks for your help it is appreciated
dekor8tor,

Good night, we'll connect tomorrow.

fs1023
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
fs1023,

Sorry for the delayed response, we missed your response by 20 minutes! That is, we went to bed about 4:00am PST GMT -8. Let get you a solution!

The error to focus our attention is specifically: "adb is not a recognized command" - we are paraphrasing but we are sure you get the idea. Since "adb.exe" is located in the base of C:\KFFirstAide where RunMe.bat is located, we can conclude a few possible solutions:

Possible Problem 1: RunMe.bat was accidentally moved to the desktop during setup.

Solution to 1: Move RunMe.bat back to C:\KFFirstAide then Right Hand Mouse Click on RunMe.bat choose "Send To" then "Desktop Create Shortcut"

Possible Problem 2: When you extracted the update you accidentally created a second folder inside C:\KFFirstAide named KFFirstAide or KFFirstAide32 or KFFirstAide64.

Solution to 2: Copy the entire contents of the second folder to the base of C:\KFFirstAide

Possible Problem 3: When you extracted the software you accidentally created a folder named C:\KFFirstAide32 or C:\KFFirstAide64

Solution to 3: Remove the 32 or 64 so the folder name is C:\KFFirstAide

Possible Problem 4: You are missing the Windows Path Statement of ;C:\KFFirstAide

Solution to 4:

First Navigate to:

Then find:

The PATH STATEMENT should look like this, IGNORE THE BLUE HIGHLIGHTED SECTION THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT LOCATION. The correct Path to edit is the one above PATHEXT named PATH. Select PATH with the mouse and choose Edit, then add ;C:\KFFirstAide

Finally, make sure you are using this version:

We solve the Permission denied issue and the build.prop edit issues - here it is hot off the presses at 23:53 on 02/22/2013.

Rev 4.1.53 Change Log:
1. Fixed Permission Denied Problem
2. Changed the timing on Option 21
3. Streamline code - processes at a faster rate of speed
4. Changed Enable OTA to Selective Enable
5. Found double quotes with the build.prop lines, this caused the build.prop edits to fail.
6. Removed the Symbolic Link to Temp after every install

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta RunMe 02/22/13 at 23:53 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Ubuntu One)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Ubuntu One)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.53-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Make sure you are running the latest version of Java SE Development Kit 7u15
prokennexusa many thanks for your help.

Problem 3 was the issue, I had folder named C:\KFFirstAide32 instead of C:\KFFirstAide so deleted 32 from file name as you suggested and WOW!

Tried option 11 in KFFirstAide and device is seen I Tried option 13 to do a complete backup before root but it did not work, no backup folder on device and no files in backup folder in KFFirstAide.

Do I need root to back up??

To tell you the truth I am scared in case I brick my device even though I have ordered a Factory cable from SkOrPn (what do you do with this cable??).

Anymore help (though no responsibilities on your part, they are all mine) would be most appreciated as I really want to learn and use KFFirstAide to be able to get the best out of my Kindle Fire HD 7.

Many thanks
fs1023

Random Username
Old
(Last edited by Random Username; 24th February 2013 at 02:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Random Username,

Your ISP must be throttling Dropbox accounts that is terrible I would complain to your ISP. We have an Unlimited Dropbox account with Unlimited bandwidth. This is a business Dropbox account your ISP has no business doing this! Anyway, it will take me some time, I have to upload the update manually to the other account, this will not be done before I go to sleep, we will have to give you the links tomorrow when we wake up, sorry, it is 4:57am, I have to get to bed!

Thanks, but I already started the Dropbox download, so please do it for the next version
Also, the download speed varies between ca. 20 kB/s and 60 kB/s, so I don't think the ISP is limiting anything. Maybe it's just the distance.

OK, I ran Fix Permissions again and it looks normal now. It says it should take over 15 minutes but it's through almost instantly for me though. This is the output:

And the Holo Launcher installation still doesn't work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1756955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1756956  

dekor8tor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

hi Chris i rooted the kindle it came up in root checker that i was rooted so i installed the google apps no problem then i installed the sony xLoud and this is where the problems began when it had installed the kindle screen went black then it came up on computer screen about installing drivers.the kindle does not boot now when i power it up it says kindle fire then the screen stays black and when i plug it into the computer under device manager it shows other devices/kindle yellow triangle it says installing drivers then says no drivers can be found ope you can help me with this problem as i cannot do anything with the kindle

AmrBanawan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
AmrBanawan,

Is it the usual Blue logo or is it the broken blue logo? If you plug it into USB does the device Manager pick it up? What is the model is it a Kindle Fire HD 8.9"? Do you have a Factory USB Cable? Where are you, in the US? I could overnight you a Factory USB Cable. Please respond with these answers and we will see what we can do to get you back online. If we have to I can get you a new one through Amazon,so do not worry, these are the risks when we are tinkering.

Chris,

My kindle's kindle fire logo is orange usually , but it turns blue if i run option 27, first the usual red but the animated glowing one is blue, My kindle is the 7" an i do have a factory, I am not really stuck, I can re-flash the system image at any time i just want to know why this happens every time i try option 27 .

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility