Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Tip us?

Super Chimp
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
HTC's market capitalization (the value of the company) is $8B USD. Samsung spent $12B USD in global marketing and promotion in 2012. They also spend a similar amount for R&D. HTC’s got a tough road to hoe.
All I ever see is advert after advert for Samsung phones or the iPhone literally year round. You might see a few ads for HTC when they have a new device out but that often seems to be it.

jsrober
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Thank you!

I won't be buying the HTC One.

I hate the long delays for updates and I really hate how HTC treats developers.

I've been waiting to buy a new phone until the HTC One was released. But with no removable battery, no MicroSD, and it's high price, I won't be buying it.

I need T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling so I can't buy a Nexus 4. I'm going to buy a Galaxy S III instead.

$99 from staples with new 2-year contract. Cancel the contract and pay $200 termination. $300 for a new phone seems reasonable to me.

I have owned and loved many HTC phones: HTC Sensation, T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile SDA. HTC hardware was great, but they've lost their groove. It stinks because Samsung needs a good competitor to keep them honest.

John

misterthomas32
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Hell yeah!

Pre-ordered mine yesterday

sandeep.mjs
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Chimp View Post
One of the main reasons that Samsung & Apple sell their products is their huge marketing spends. It seems to me part of the issue with HTC is that it just cannot compete in this area.
Yep! Agree. Samsung is spending ever more than iphone in case of marketing. Here in India you can lot of adverting on TV and many more places. HTC lack in marketing. People need to know the devices before they get in store. I know some stores in India where till this date they dont have HTC One X+ on display.

Super Chimp
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mjs View Post
Yep! Agree. Samsung is spending ever more than iphone in case of marketing. Here in India you can lot of adverting on TV and many more places. HTC lack in marketing. People need to know the devices before they get in store. I know some stores in India where till this date they dont have HTC One X+ on display.
Depressing isn't it if the mobile market becomes overly dominated by just two brands.

Kickasskev
Old
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
I would love to say I would get one, BUT the possibility of S-OFF??? and the last 2 HTC's Ive had, had to go back for repair, the One X and the desire, not good
My LG o2x was good but lacked in updates and to this day my GS3 if a fine phone.

Soo........... I think im gonna say no this time

Also has the one x even achieved S-Off yet???????
The Following User Says Thank You to Kickasskev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ANDROID-81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickasskev View Post
I would love to say I would get one, BUT the possibility of S-OFF??? and the last 2 HTC's Ive had, had to go back for repair, the One X and the desire, not good
My LG o2x was good but lacked in updates and to this day my GS3 if a fine phone.

Totally agree

ste1164
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickasskev View Post

I'd say this is far likelier to get S-OFF every HTC phone which has had a qualcomm processor has had S-OFF. The sensation, One XL, One S, Evo LTE. Seen as this uses a snapdragon processor I have high hopes

ANDROID-81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164 View Post
I'd say this is far likelier to get S-OFF every HTC phone which has had a qualcomm processor has had S-OFF. The sensation, One XL, One S, Evo LTE. Seen as this uses a snapdragon processor I have high hopes
Would like to see it, does this have a removable battery and SD slot?

tonime
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default Re: HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Yes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]