Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

OP xeloni

24th February 2013, 01:00 AM   |  #71  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
876 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

HTC's market capitalization (the value of the company) is $8B USD. Samsung spent $12B USD in global marketing and promotion in 2012. They also spend a similar amount for R&D. HTC’s got a tough road to hoe.

All I ever see is advert after advert for Samsung phones or the iPhone literally year round. You might see a few ads for HTC when they have a new device out but that often seems to be it.
24th February 2013, 05:54 AM   |  #72  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
No Thank you!
I won't be buying the HTC One.

I hate the long delays for updates and I really hate how HTC treats developers.

I've been waiting to buy a new phone until the HTC One was released. But with no removable battery, no MicroSD, and it's high price, I won't be buying it.

I need T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling so I can't buy a Nexus 4. I'm going to buy a Galaxy S III instead.

$99 from staples with new 2-year contract. Cancel the contract and pay $200 termination. $300 for a new phone seems reasonable to me.

I have owned and loved many HTC phones: HTC Sensation, T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile SDA. HTC hardware was great, but they've lost their groove. It stinks because Samsung needs a good competitor to keep them honest.

John
24th February 2013, 01:34 PM   |  #73  
misterthomas32's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Hell yeah!
Pre-ordered mine yesterday
24th February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #74  
Senior Member
Flag kapurthala
Thanks Meter: 4
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Chimp

One of the main reasons that Samsung & Apple sell their products is their huge marketing spends. It seems to me part of the issue with HTC is that it just cannot compete in this area.

Yep! Agree. Samsung is spending ever more than iphone in case of marketing. Here in India you can lot of adverting on TV and many more places. HTC lack in marketing. People need to know the devices before they get in store. I know some stores in India where till this date they dont have HTC One X+ on display.
24th February 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
876 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mjs

Yep! Agree. Samsung is spending ever more than iphone in case of marketing. Here in India you can lot of adverting on TV and many more places. HTC lack in marketing. People need to know the devices before they get in store. I know some stores in India where till this date they dont have HTC One X+ on display.

Depressing isn't it if the mobile market becomes overly dominated by just two brands.
24th February 2013, 09:16 PM   |  #76  
Kickasskev's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 192
 
1,253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
I would love to say I would get one, BUT the possibility of S-OFF??? and the last 2 HTC's Ive had, had to go back for repair, the One X and the desire, not good
My LG o2x was good but lacked in updates and to this day my GS3 if a fine phone.

Soo........... I think im gonna say no this time

Also has the one x even achieved S-Off yet???????
The Following User Says Thank You to Kickasskev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #77  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickasskev

I would love to say I would get one, BUT the possibility of S-OFF??? and the last 2 HTC's Ive had, had to go back for repair, the One X and the desire, not good
My LG o2x was good but lacked in updates and to this day my GS3 if a fine phone.

Soo........... I think im gonna say no this time

Also has the one x even achieved S-Off yet???????

Totally agree
24th February 2013, 09:58 PM   |  #78  
ste1164's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Darlington
Thanks Meter: 304
 
2,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickasskev

I would love to say I would get one, BUT the possibility of S-OFF??? and the last 2 HTC's Ive had, had to go back for repair, the One X and the desire, not good
My LG o2x was good but lacked in updates and to this day my GS3 if a fine phone.

Soo........... I think im gonna say no this time

Also has the one x even achieved S-Off yet???????

I'd say this is far likelier to get S-OFF every HTC phone which has had a qualcomm processor has had S-OFF. The sensation, One XL, One S, Evo LTE. Seen as this uses a snapdragon processor I have high hopes
24th February 2013, 10:38 PM   |  #79  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164

I'd say this is far likelier to get S-OFF every HTC phone which has had a qualcomm processor has had S-OFF. The sensation, One XL, One S, Evo LTE. Seen as this uses a snapdragon processor I have high hopes

Would like to see it, does this have a removable battery and SD slot?
24th February 2013, 10:52 PM   |  #80  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Re: HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?
Yes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes