5,599,616 Members 43,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 Help Thread

Tip us?

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 6429
I know this isn't specific to the N7 but thought I may aswell ask here.
How can I change the default location where camera photos are stored?
I remember I done it on my S2 but can't remember how
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

Gogeta
Old
Thanks Meter 752
Default Re: Nexus 7 Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCarter93 View Post
I know this isn't specific to the N7 but thought I may aswell ask here.
How can I change the default location where camera photos are stored?
I remember I done it on my S2 but can't remember how
Editing camera.apk

wanna thank xda? here
I am not Goku or Vegeta, I am
Gogeta!

Device : Sony Ericsson W8 Walkman
Rom : CLASSIFIED
kernel : nAa 14
Bootloader:UNLocked(11w38)
Preview current boot animation
without rebooting

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 6429
Default Re: Nexus 7 Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta View Post
Editing camera.apk

wanna thank xda? here
That helps

I've never had to edit it before so I dunno what bit I'm changing.
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93
The Following User Says Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2393

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Buddha View Post
Hi everyone,
I've got some troubles with my nexus 7 to unlock the bootloader. Everytime i've tryied I've got the message on my nexus 7 but then I've got an error on the command line and my bootloader stay locked.
fastboot devices command line send me back my device id so the driver work.
Do you have any tips?
It's really simple.
You can download this files: USB DRIVERS r_06 for Windows 7 & 8
and use this guide: [GUIDE] Help for flash more faster when you use Fastboot Line Command
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS
Ancient and Actual Devices : HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - HTC One M7 - HTC One M8 // Asus TF300T - Google N7 Wifi - Google N7 2013 LTE

mgroover
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Menu entry buttons not working?

I've got a very peculiar error since my 4.2.1 upgrade (which persisted when upgrading to 4.2.1).

After some time my "clicks" on certain type of menu containers don't do anything until I press the task switcher and go back to the window.
Anyone else had the same issues or can point me in the same direction? Tried searching for the problem on the forum but not sure what I should be searching for

A video of the problem is attached below:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ms...it?usp=sharing

Would like to try not resorting to factory reset but I have not rooted and not getting anything at all from the logcat. Do I need to be on a rooted kernel to have a logcat that gives me any good information?).

Something which is REALLY strange is that it only seems to affect links which open a new window, not when a function is called.

su0pa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Posting here since I can't post in the ParanoidAndroid thread yet.

I'm running the latest PA3 nightly with the latest M-kernel mr1 and the 4.18 bootloader, but the Google Services battery drain issue is getting overwhelming. I'm thinking of reverting back to 4.1.2-based PA, but can I flash it since I have the latest bootloader? Also, I'm not sure if the M-kernel mr1 is compatible with 4.1 anymore, but at least the alpha ones were. Any help would be appreciated.

Z.eRo.Z
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.eRo.Z View Post
Suddenly , my nexus 7 starts freezing then rebooting many times .. after waiting for few hours .. it goes to life again , then when i use it for about an hour , it do the same thing AGAIN !! Freezing and Rebooting , i entered the SAFE MODE and deleted the Greader (i thought that the problem is from it) . for now , everything is Okay , until i received the 4.2.2 Update , after updating ( the problem starts now) i went to settings -> about phone , and kept touching the ANDROID VERSION bar to see the Jellybean animations .. then the device turned off and never booted again

for trying to solve the problem , i removed the back cover to take off the battery and replace it again ( to check if the device was on , with black screen) but no thing happens .. and the Nexus 7 is still OFF
PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE HELP ME >> its 2 weeks NOW since i had the problem !!!!!!

MxZeal
Old
(Last edited by MxZeal; 2nd March 2013 at 01:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Hey everyone!

I'm new here so hii currently my N7 is being shipped to me and im so excited, i always enjoyed modding/hacking my devices and i would like to do the same with my N7 i had some experience with : Ipod/iphone psp nds psvita.
So far ive only done a little bit of researching (about an hour) and i understand i need to use a toolkit then apply a kernel and ROM of my choosing to get mods i like right? or am i close? but i have a few questions..

Should i start off by learning to use a toolkit or should i start somewhere earlier to learn more?
whats the difference from the "original development" and "android development" forum? (im thinking i start with Android right? pretty dumb question)
what version of jellybean should i have to do these things, (still don't have mine so want to make sure i don't upgrade)
I don't really know much about the features in ALL THESE Roms but I'm thinking of going with the SmoothROM, or would you recommend something else?
anyway to get free apps kind of like jailbreaking?

PS i always enjoyed making my devices REALLY COOL and different from the defaults

akaCat
Old
(Last edited by akaCat; 2nd March 2013 at 07:06 PM.) Reason: Resolved!
Thanks Meter 12
Default Stock Nexus stuck on update to 4.2.2

My Nexus 7 is stock. That is, no custom bootloaders, ROMs, clockworkmod, etc.

This morning I selected the notification to update to version 4.2.2 ota. I didn't pay attention to it for a few minutes after that, and the next thing I saw on the screen was a "dead" android with the word "error".

I held the power / vol- buttons until it restarted, but it wouldn't get past the flashing "x". I tried that a few more times, waiting up to 30 minutes, same result.

I figured out how to get to recovery mode, but since I don't have ADB installed and would rather not wipe the thing, I'm not sure what good that does me. (I have no idea what the clear cache option would do -- do I want to try that??)

Trying to do this:
http://productforums.google.com/foru...le/ZSGv5zswdx8
http://support.google.com/nexus/bin/...0575&ctx=topic

Did nothing, except that now every time I go into recovery mode I end up with "no command".

I'm a noob -- I used to load CyanogenMod onto my Nooks using clockworkmod and a micro-SD card, but that's the extent of my "advanced" android experience. (I never could get ADB working with a nook, except through wireless.)

I got it working again. Through a very tangled combination of Wug's Toolkit and these instructions, I was able to wipe the device and reload 4.2.1. (Wug complained about the lack of ADB access and wouldn't complete the flash stock for me, but it was able to give me access to the bootloader through fastboot.)

philos64
Old
(Last edited by philos64; 4th March 2013 at 08:31 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2393

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaCat View Post
My Nexus 7 is stock. That is, no custom bootloaders, ROMs, clockworkmod, etc.
This morning I selected the notification to update to version 4.2.2 ota. I didn't pay attention to it for a few minutes after that, and the next thing I saw on the screen was a "dead" android with the word "error".
I held the power / vol- buttons until it restarted, but it wouldn't get past the flashing "x". I tried that a few more times, waiting up to 30 minutes, same result.
I figured out how to get to recovery mode, but since I don't have ADB installed and would rather not wipe the thing, I'm not sure what good that does me. (I have no idea what the clear cache option would do -- do I want to try that??)
Trying to do this:
http://productforums.google.com/foru...le/ZSGv5zswdx8
http://support.google.com/nexus/bin/...0575&ctx=topic
Did nothing, except that now every time I go into recovery mode I end up with "no command".
I'm a noob -- I used to load CyanogenMod onto my Nooks using clockworkmod and a micro-SD card, but that's the extent of my "advanced" android experience. (I never could get ADB working with a nook, except through wireless.)
I got it working again. Through a very tangled combination of Wug's Toolkit and these instructions, I was able to wipe the device and reload 4.2.1. (Wug complained about the lack of ADB access and wouldn't complete the flash stock for me, but it was able to give me access to the bootloader through fastboot.)
Just read the post 284 (above your) and try this.

For those who needs help for update to bootloader 4.18 and the latest radio, you can go here:
==> [GUIDE][BOOTLOADER][4.2.2] TILAPIA JDQ39 - 4.18 Flash Image Instructions
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS
Ancient and Actual Devices : HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - HTC One M7 - HTC One M8 // Asus TF300T - Google N7 Wifi - Google N7 2013 LTE